Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

How long do I have to file International Patents after filing for US patents?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long do I have to file International Patents after filing for US patents?

The USPTO refers me to this web page

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/doc/general/index.html#treaties

it talks about the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property which allows me 12 months after the filing date for my US patent. But then It talks about the Patent Cooperation Treaty which says that I can file one application for all the cooperating Countries but it doesn't say how long I have to do it.

Also the USPTO gave me a filing date and they also gave me a different date for when My Foriegn Filing License was Granted. Which date do I go by?

cato___
In general you have about 12 months, but it can vary from country to country. You go by your filing date. Everything takes time, so don't wait till 11 months and 2 weeks to get started. Any public disclosure can eliminate your rights in some countries.

OckhamzRazor
You need to find a patent attorney. I believe the american bar association has a free attorney list, and the USPTO also has listing of patent attorneys as well.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Will the upcoming law school cycle have more applicants than last year's?
Last year's law school application pool was horrendous.

Cornell saw a 52 percent increase in applicants.
20 percent more people took the LSAT than the previous year

How long do judges serve on the bench?
I remember when I was 17 a new judge being elected and all--it was a major event in town.

I'm 29 now...and THE SAME JUDGE is still on the bench! Doesn't the city have elections ...

can rent a center do this?
I purchased a ps3 from rent a center some time in march, while i stilll had my job. I recently lost my job and wasnt able to make payments. My mom went there to tell them that she would be making my ...

Do you think its rude or not nice to not say anything when you see/hear someone sneeze?
Like saying "God bless you"?...

Um is this legal thanks?
Im seventeen, from Arborfield England. I recently acquired a live frag grenade, WW2 era, from a friend who was paid by his mum to get rid of it, I paid fifty pounds for it, but Im not sure if it is ...

Is it illegal or just in bad taste to have a public KKK rally in the middle of a park on the 4th of July?
Some buddies and I want to have a public KKK rally in the park on the 4th of july. We would do some chanting, singing, and protesting of the government. Now, I won't be using any racial slurs ...

Would a child be taken into care if solicitors found out the parent smoked weed every day?
My boyfriend is taking his ex to court at the moment to get visitation rights to their son.

She is pulling every reason out of the bag to not allow him to see the child unless supervised. (...

how long is too long to wait?
went to ssi/disability court 3 months ago.our lawyer informed us that social security wanted a new disability onset date.the lawyer said she would have us a paper in the mail informing us of the new ...

How can I verify that an employer is legal?
If a person is considering working there. Is there somewhere to check if the place of business is legal?...

Facebook BS??????????
So my boys girlfriend cheated on him and i posted something saying how she was lying because the guy had naked pictures of her and her fried said her mom can charge us with harassment and I said ...

Question on student aid and work study?
Can they force a person to take a job if the only work available is in a job the student doesn't want to do?...

Took a pre-interview test, is it fair that I didn't get results, but others did immediately?
I am a new graduate nurse amongst 40 other new grads who are trying to find jobs. Our local hospital posted some positions and most of my friends were called back for all of us to take a pre-test to ...

Could we get in trouble for this?
We got a friend who is a security guard to go to someone's house and say "this is immigration enforcement! open up!" and the grandmother was there and she panicked and tried to run ...

If someone pawns stolen property, does the owner have to pay to get it back?
An ex friend stole my new ipod nano and probably have pawned it already, I am just wondering even if I find what pawn shop it is at and get the police involved, do I have to buy the ipod back from ...

a person I know got into some small time trouble in a tiny town in Missouri.?
when he went to court he asked for a public defender and was denied and told to get his own attorney. I know nothing about the law as I have never been in trouble but have always heard the words &...

England and Wales - Are u allowed to slaughter yourself for personal use or do u have to pay some one?
I want to start raising chickens for meat. I thought as im not selling the meat im allowed to do it myself but someone told me I have to get a licenced person to do it.

Is that true?

New york homeowners insurance average coverage?
what is the average coverage for homeowners insurance in New York specifically long island? I am trying to set up my homeowners insurance on my first new house and I am not sure of what the minimum ...

Why are our inalienable rights being alienated from us?

Additional Details
If you really dont know which ones then you have no idea what is going on in this world....

Would it be more costly to put someone in jail for life, or use the death penalty?
I need to know which would cost more for my history debate....

should capital punishment necessary in india?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, December 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links