Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

18 Wheeler flat bed trailer dimensions?
Find answers to your legal question.

18 Wheeler flat bed trailer dimensions?

I need to know the length, width and standard height of a flat bed trailer towed by 18 wheelers.

gapsusie
Rating
flat bed is 98 inches wide and 53 feet long

UCANTCME
Rating
Flatbed lengths come in 53', 48', 45', 40', 24'. The most common is the 48'. Even though 53' trailers are becoming more popular, they are still kind of rare.

The width is the same, usually 102".

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is the legality in the Uk regarding driving your car with no doors?
I know that vehicle have to be 'safe to pedestrians' but where would you stand if you wanted to drive around with no doors on your car? Or boot? Or bonnet?...

1967 mustang safe to drive around and safe during an accident?
im thinking of buying a 1967 mustang and i want to know how it holds up in an accident. i found a really good deal and the only thing holding me back is my concern for the saftey of me and the ...

Hi i have 3 kids all in booster seat where should they placed ?
the kids are 7yrs 3yrs and 2yrs the 2yr old needs the booster seat because she is a big child i have a mazda 323 where should all the seats be ...

Who is at fault in this traffic accident?
I was following a car in the San Francisco DMV. The driver made a turn but suddenly stopped. I tried to go around him, but he then started to back up to try and get a parking spot. The road is one ...

What is the worst car accident you have ever been in?
Just ...

What percent of road accidents do 17 to 25 year old cause?

What is a strong, but on the cheaper side, metal that "should" be capable of taking minimal damage when hit?
I have to design a shell for a robot that is supposed to be able to battle other robots, and i was looking for a type of metal that, like I said, is strong, on the cheaper side, but also does not an ...

Is a 2004 Kia Sedona mini vans driver seat suppose to break in a car wreck if rear ended?
I was rear ended and my seat broke, I was not able to see were I was going, reach my steering wheel, nor reach my breaks. I have been told no they are not to break and I have been told yes they are ...

How to talk to a cop and judge?
If I ever get pulled over, besides telling the truth, how do cops like to be spoken to? (yes sir? yes officer? etc)

And if I ever need to go to court to fight something, how do I speak to ...

I saw a road sign that said "Brake Retardants Not Allowed until outside City Limits." ?
What the heck are brake retardants?...

If I'm a passenger and the driver has an open container, can I be cited too?
Passenger is not drinking. Driver is drinking. Can passenger get cited or arrested? Additionally, along the same lines, what if passenger and driver are both drinking (open container)....

Stopped in left lane merged into right lane when truck was stopped & lots of room got rear ended. whose fault?
i was stopped in the left lane during traffic on I-93. Police car was blocking lane i was in due to a broken down car. The car in front of me merges into right lane, traffic moves a little bit, ...

I just witnessed my first car crash!?
i just saw my first crash and it was right infront of me
my mom was driving home from taking my brother and sister to school
i was waiting for my bus when this lady who was on the phone ...

Why do drivers ignore crosswalk signs?
In the past week I have experienced four drivers going through the crosswalk intersection area while the lights are flashing.
I push the button check for close traffic within 10 feet when that ...

Is is possible to install airbags in a old car?
My friend is giving me an early 1960's Volkswagen beetle. It needs some work, but its free. However, my mom wont let me drive it unless it's has airbags. So, i guess i'm just asking if ...

Do Maryland red light cameras also monitor designated left turn lanes that have green/red arrows?

Question about tires...?
Two of the tires on my car have good thread on them. It's a front wheel drive. Is it best to have the good tires on the front of the car?...

Whats the law on having no option but to reverse 100 Mtrs down a road?
My garage is situated along a single lane (dead end) road (still part of the highway its as got street lighting) the only way we can get out is to drive out and then reverse along the road approx 100M...

Right of way. How can I keep safe when using it near non-attentive drivers?
Two vehicles approach an intersection on opposite sides at the same time. I'm turning left, so I allow the other guy to go on straight. A lady pulls up to the intersection. It's my right of ...

Driving on a two lane narrow road?
Anybody have any tips? I'm a new driver and the thing I least want is to hurt someone or damage someone's other car.

I can't help but get so nervous. I've been told to ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, August 29, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links