Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Are Hackney Carriage drivers allowed to not wear seat-belts whilst driving?
Find answers to your legal question.

Are Hackney Carriage drivers allowed to not wear seat-belts whilst driving?

I work in London, see dozens of cabbies a day and *none* of them ever wear their seat-belt...

Bardic
In this connection there are exemptions for :

(i) a licensed taxi while it is being used for seeking hire, or answering a call for hire, or carrying a passenger for hire, or

(ii) a private hire vehicle while it is being used to carry a passenger for hire;

pauline w
Rating
I am an ex taxi driver, we do not have to wear seat belts this is mainly for safety purposes, our safety!! If you have a customer who gets out of hand and your wearing your seat belt they can use it against you eg pull it tight round your neck etc, it also helps us get out quick and run after fare dodgers!!! Hope this helps x

MISSY G
Rating
For some strange reason taxi drivers do not have to wear a seatbelt

old know all
Rating
London cabbies are exempt. It's probably so they can get out to tend the horse - that explains most of their strange privileges. Taxi drivers elsewhere in the country and all minicab drivers have to wear seatbelts.

ANNABELH
I understand that Hackney Carriage drivers are exempt from wearing seatbelts when a fare paying passenger is in the vehicle, but they should if they are not carrying passengers

zchris87v
Rating
Well if they're that confident they won't wreck, maybe they're safe to ride with...

UCANTCME
CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DMV OFFICE, THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER ANY AND ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU WILL BE GETTING THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.

smudge
Rating
only if they have the bail of hay they are ment to have in the boot for the horses

Curious Cat
Rating
No.

bungee
Rating
are you the local seat belt cop or what

Bluebell
You are required by law to wear a seatbelt in all cars, there are no exceptions, even to Hackney Carriage drivers.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

When Will People Be Driving Cars That Run On Water?

What do you do if the stoplight never turns green?
There is this stoplight near where I live that never turns green at night. I found out that it's actually triggered by oncoming cars in the other lane. But at 12-3 in the morning, there are ...

What do the notices on road tankers, intended for the police and fire brigade, mean?

Is it deemed unsafe for individuals to be listening to music through personal headphones in the workplace?

Why the fuel of an aircraft is dumped in the sea just before any emergency landing?

Where does the law stand on using hand-held devices in your car?
I recently purchased an aux cable so I could listen to my mp3 player through my car stereo. I know there is some law about using hand held devices in the car. Does this mean it's legal to change ...

Im scared of crossing the road please help?
i need ...

Is it true that driving while using a cell phone is more dangerous than drunk driving?
http://search.yahoo.com/...

My boyfriend has Road rage, Help?
We live in Dade County Florida, and Traffic in South Florida is the worst. Unfortunately he works about 40-50 miles North which is about 1hr -to an 1h and half and has to take I 95 to work every day M...

Failed road test..parallel parking and 3 point turn???
I failed my road test yesterday. I prepared by reading the manual for my state (New York) and practicing according to the rules and regulations in the book. When I took my road test and parallel ...

I am concerned about the misuse of a mobility vehicle!?
Non driving granny has a mobility car...grandson is a named driver...grandson uses the car on a full time basis for him and his girlfriends,and in pursuance of his regular work the car is not parked ...

How many people can seat in back set of mid size car by law?

Will I get a ticket for turning right on red but stopping in the crosswalk?

I came to a complete stop but I was in the crosswalk before I turned right on a red light. I saw the camera flash but it might have been the cars going the other way. Did I break the law?...

Habitual truancy, even at age 13, can result in:?
a.Denying you a license until you are 17
b.Suspend your license for one year, once you get it
c.Both 1 & 2
d.Neither 1 & 2
Additional Details
its for ...

Whos at fault?
If you are driving in the right lane of a 6 lane road and someone cuts right directly in front of you and immediately slams on their brakes to make a right turn and you rear end them, are you still ...

Are you allowed to walk through a drive-through?
like can i walk through the taco bell drive through?...

What will happen if I've been reported to the cops?
for having a 14 year old on top of the hood of the car she wanted to celebrate her birthday by being on top of the car while it was moving 25-30 mph in a business parking lot where there is alot of 18...

I drive sooooo fast!!?
I got my license a few months ago. I'm absolutely 100% going to be a police officer and I've seen a gazillion crime shows and movies, and now, without thinking, I jet around at crazy speeds,...

Should the drivers exam be more difficult?
Should the drivers exam be more difficult so new drivers are better educated and informed and thus reduce accidents and road rage since they will know better what is expected of them? Should the ...

What is a toucan crossing? i am doing my theory test on wednesday and have no idea what a toucan crossing is!!

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links