Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

At what age can you start driving a car in California?
Find answers to your legal question.

At what age can you start driving a car in California?

is it 16 or do you have to have an adult in the car with you when you're that age
and some people say it's 18 so i don't know anymore

Ihelpu
You can get your permit at 15 and drive while your parents or direct family members are in the car. But you can get your license at age 16 and 6 months after that you can drive your friends around.

jfs1988
16 with a permit. You need to go to driving school. Its required for a permit. After you get a permit you can start driving but with a parent and training with a driving school.

bdawgyo
Rating
You can have your license at 16 years old.

John E
Rating
Learners permit at 15 1/2 and license at 16.

ThisIsIt
Rating
License at 16 years old with restrictions.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is the technical title of the person who sets up traffic lights?
Who is the person responsible for assigning times, delays, and how long each light is? I know some function off of a weight sensor, but I'm simply curious as to WHO makes the decisions?...

i neeeddd TIRES HELP pllleeeaassseee 10 pts?
i am buying used tires and need help
how do i determine if there are worth it or worth less
thank ...

What are those blue reflectors on the street I see randomly?
Among those regular yellow reflectors on the double yellow lines, i will occasionally see blue ones. They seem to pop up sporadically and for no apparent reason. Also they are off center, more ...

What should i expect for the behind-the-wheel driving test at the Hollywood, CA DMV?
My behind-the-wheel driving test appointment is on June 30th, 2010 for noon. Does anyone know what routes i might be taking? anything different that the examiner might do that other dmv's don...

why are car seats supposed to be in the back seat and not the front seat?
besides airbags, because ive seen airbags in backseats and sides of cars too! plus ive seen someone put carseat in the front seat rear facing....

What is your opinion on seat belts?
Do you wear them? Why or why not?...

Reccommended distance before a turn for tractor trailer?
I am preparing for my Class 1 (tractor trailer) knowledge test, but I'm stuck on one question:

When approaching an intersection with the intent to turn (wherever practical) the driver ...

What is the current maximum bumper height allowed for a car?
Is it federal, state or county enforced? Just curious, have been seeing a lot of HUGE wheels on regular cars.
Additional Details
Ohio, sorry, I should have mentioned that....

pennsylvania driver's test question?
well i have been practicing my driving and parking for a while. my parallel parking is good 8/10 times. i got a few questions. 1) what are some things they ask you to do during the test? 2) what are ...

are motorized standup scooters legal to ride on the side of the road in washington state?
so my friends live about a mile away and i usually ride my 125cc dirt bike to his house through a housing development and then just catch a trail off the side of the road. the homeowners accosiation ...

what happens at a gas station...?
like if you fill up your car with 12 gallons (US) at the local gas station (12 American gallons is equivalent to 14 British Imperial gallons or 45 liters)- then you stop it at 12 gallons. However, ...

is this legal to drive offroad in New Jersey?
http://www.tomaliscooter i want to buy this bike cause its cheap and want to know if its legal offroad in ...

i want to put a coach in the back of my truck. can people ride in it legally?

What does the road sign ''shoulder work ahead'' mean?

having issues with learning how to drive?
ok so I am not a very good driver. :(

Especially not in downtown Atlanta traffic.

So in the morning times I drive to work (mom rides with me so she can drive the car back cause ...

Tires in hot weather?
How much air should I keep in my tires when the temperature is 95 and rising daily?...

What are ways to maintain your focus when driving?
Hey, I've noticed that there are times, when I've driven down a pathway that I've done many times, my mind tends to go on "autopilot" because I'm so familiar with the ...

Loutish, law breaking drivers.....?
Is ther any particular reason why those in newer cars (presumably leased by their employers) seem to be moving from BMW's to Audis?
Additional Details
Who is J. Have noticed. O...

WTF, PARKING on a residential street for 2 days, against law?
We have limited parking in our street and this guy who lives on the other side of the block came and parked his car in front of my house and left it there for 2 days. It was inconvenient for us to ...

what seat should i put my 2 year old in?
now here is the tricky part. yes, she IS 2 years old, but she is ALSO 3 foot tall and a little over 40 pounds. the thing is, she is getting to be way too big for her car seat (she has an eddie bauer 3...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links