Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Can a baby ride in the front seat of a rented moving truck?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can a baby ride in the front seat of a rented moving truck?

My husband and I are planning on doing a "do it your self" military move. We want to drive a truck and tow our Honda fit behind. We have a 2 year old (who of course will be in a car seat) and will be traveling about 2600 miles. Do truck companies allow a child in a car seat to ride? We have looked on several companies websites and can't find yay or nay of any of it. So just need to know if its ok to have the kid in the front seat :)

Malaya
Rating
As long as the baby car seat is secured and is assembled correctly inside the truck, I think it's ok. But just to be sure, you should ask the truck rental company first or try to research if there are laws against it.

Rumisha R
I dont think the rental company can tell you they cant. As long as that child is in a car seat, that is all that matters. I would call one and ask.

steve.57343
A two year old should NEVER ride in the front seat of any vehicle ever, even in a car seat.

Glam Mommy
If the front seat is the ONLY seat available and the airbag can be turned off, then yes, it is okay. Other than that, they should be sitting in a rear seat.

UCANTCME
Rating
You can do this in all states just push the drivers seat as far back as possible as well as turning off the airbag and if the airbag cannot be turned off then just drive safe...

tweety
Rating
It is not allowed by law, but it depends on companies if they will allow you

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Re- rain radar question?
RE- Rain Radar on weather page. Time starts from 00.00 and goes in three hour increments, is 00.00 like mid-nite or mid day, or current time.??...

Parallel Parking Suggestions?
Okay, so today I took my PA road test and failed. When I went to parallel park, I went back to far and my back right tire hit the curb. Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to parallel park? I ...

Ticketed for loud exhaust...that's not even my car.?
so the other day, i was looking a for a car online that was local in my area...so i called the person up to come take a look at the car and take it for a test drive. so i meet up with the guy and ...

Re parking on the pavement- -do drivers consider wheelchair users, and the blind people.?
I have been pushing a lady in a wheelchair for a while and am constantly having to turn round, pull her backwards off the pavement, walk in the road and struggle back up again. This might happen 3 or ...

A 9 or 10 seat-er car?
I have 8 kids and I was just wondering about some 9 or 10 seater cars. I live in California and I'm a sophmore in college. I would like a new car with 9 or 10 seats. Maybe more even? I don'...

I stopped too close to a stopping school bus but did not pass it...?
I am a 17 year old male from New York, have never been in any sort of trouble either with the law or even with my school. I was driving one day and I saw a bus with the yellow flashers on coming in ...

Rear facing car seat question?
My son is 9 months old and about 29 lbs. The problem is he is still gaining weight and the convertible car seat we have for him is rear facing to a max 30 lbs. So is it worse to have him rear facing ...

Advice about the practical driving test?
What should I do to pass my test, I think I will fail, don't know why but I have felling I will.

What are the pass and fail points?...

How many fatal car accidents have there been in Canada in 2008?

What do people think of the changeing the national speed limit (single carriageways) from 60 to 50?
I don't think it should be done, I'm not saying people who drive at an extreme speed is good either but if they're just gonna b reducing the speeds further n furtehr people are gonna ...

How much gas does an average car emit over two hours of driving?

Additional Details
dont guess or give the problems with answering, if u dont have a REAL ANSWER, dont answer at ...

So i was rear ended....?
& now my back is killing me.
this happened on friday (its monday)
i was rear ended and got hit so hard that i hit the car in front of me.

my back is killing me, its not the ...

Is it legal in Iowa to let my 5-year-old ride with me in the front seat of a pickup truck?
I will use a booster seat. I know many of you will advise me to not do this...but I just want to know what the law in Iowa says.
Additional Details
Please don't guess, if you don�...

What is an "ISOfix Child Seat Anchorage - Rear Only" ?
I was just looking through the features of a car and i saw it featured an "ISOfix Child Seat Anchorage - Rear Only" and im not sure what it is. Help please?

Thanks in advance. =D...

LEARNERS PERMIT STUDYING HELP???!!!?
I'm getting my permit in a week or so......Can people plz give me study hints. I am reading the manuel and have taken a practice test online...what else can i do?? Instead of just reading the ...

What is fleet management?
Vehicles,Flight booking,fleet ...

Is it safe to drive a convertible car with a toddler?
I've recently become a new stepfather and I have a BMW 6 series convertible. We have a toddler and at the moment I always drive with the roof up if he's in the car. I know it sounds like an ...

What happens after first year free with Onstar equipped vehicle?
Just bought a 2009 Chevy Cobalt that came with Onstar free for a year. Will it automatically charge my credit card. I do not desire this service....

Are some forms of transport safer than others?

Can you drive an ATV on the side of the road in North Carolina?
I was wanting to find out if its illegal to drive an ATV on the side of the road in North Carolina. I know you can't drive on the road unless you are crossing over. Or you can drive on the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links