Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Can a person with just only one arm be a allowed to drive
Find answers to your legal question.

Can a person with just only one arm be a allowed to drive

idk just wonderin

Lover not a Fighter
Rating
Yes of course.

But he / she may be limited to driving an automatic tranny cars only.

Good Luck...

Jessica
Rating
Have you ever seen people crusing the streets with one arm hanging out the window?

treebird
Rating
Yes. People with many different types of physical handicaps can drive. Many of them need some modifications of their vehicles to make that possible and safe.

SoccerDude
i think so and hope so but i think they can only drive automatic cars because shifting is harder for them

Mud Killer
Rating
Don't see why not. I knew a guy who was paralyzed that had a truck modified for him.

happyfreakz
Lol, i think so

jojo
yes! they can, i even saw a man with one arm and a leg who knows to ride motorcycle.

when you loose one you can improved the other....

Cereal Killer
Rating
Yeah they can, you can have cars customized to meet different disabilities.

duckling0224
I know of a person that has her arms not fully developed and they are less than a foot long. One is a stump and the other has I think two large fingers. and she drives. She has to sit right up on the wheel but if she can do it with less than one full arm, I would think if the person can pass the driving test than sure.

Candace
Rating
sure..many people drive with one arm...

but its better with two

Gillian A
Why not? That's like asking if someone with a mental disability can go to school; it's so condescending.

UCANTCME
Rating
Yes they can and good luck.

adysl
I have one arm, yes. I have one arm that missing from the elbow down. And I drive.?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Have you started to use child car/booster seat since the new law can in, in england?

My friend just told me 90 on the motorway will only get you 3 points? is this true?
speeding....

What is the best way to drive an automatic car with a walking/cast boot on your right foot?
I am an experienced older driver with a safe driving record....

How do do you fight speeding when no radar was used?

Do you realize more people died last year on the roads than in all of the year of Vietnam? Why don't they...
build a wall for those killed on our highways. That would be a pretty big wall, unless the wall was taller. But I guess people would need to become taller first
Additional Details
W...

Why is it difficult passing UK practical driving test? Are this centre Money making insitution? Pls advise.?

Why when driving everybody on the road going slower than you is an idiot..and anyone going faster is a maniac?

Falling asleep behind the wheel. need help desperately!?
i drive 50 miles each way for my commute. And everyday i start falling asleep behind the wheel. its already caused one accident. i've tried everything, turning up the music, rolling the windows ...

Running a red light question?
Ok, this is really bad. i am 14 years old and it was saturday morning about 3 o'clock am me and my friends took my moms car for a drive. man, i really didn't want to but peer pressure. ...

Why do drive through atm machines have braille on them?
isn't it dangerous for blind people to be driving in the first place? hmm... just wondering... certainly there must be a valid explanation? thanks....

When would you stop for a Schoolbus?
I keep seeing questions on this site about stopping for schoolbuses (mainly posed by Americans, I believe). Are there actually laws about stopping for them in the USA, or is it just about making sure ...

Whats the fastest speed that you have ever driven a passenger car on a roadway in the US?
No race cars and not on the autobaun....

Help advice to drive across country by myself...?
I am driving across country with 2 six year olds and possably a trailer I have never drivin that far by myself let alone with my girls and a trailer help?? Just some pointers would help thanks.....

Which vehicle must yield the right-of-way?
I have my permit test coming up soon, but someone quizzed me and asked

"If four (4) vehicles enter an intersection from four different roads at the same time, which vehicle must yield ...

Do you get out of thr passengers side of the car when Parallel parking?
HURRY ANSWER SOON!...

Is it true that emergency vehicles have different sirens?

Why are the lines on the streets yellow?

Can anyone tell me in what position should your hands be on a steering wheel? Is it 3 and 9 o'clock?
What do racers place their hands to have full control?...

How do you protect yourself in the event that you actually hit a deer with your car to avoid injury?
There are lots of deer on the highway my boyfriend and I drive everynight. There is a hill, and often there are deer at the bottom of it, usually (so far) not on the road, but darn close! I'm ...

Why cant people use their turn signals when driving?
kinda rude not to
you still can drive fast as we know we do
just tell the rest of us when you are going to
in other words get out of the passing lane if you aint ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, December 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links