Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Can color blind people get a driver's license?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can color blind people get a driver's license?

i mean since they can't tell a red or green light apart? and i'm not trying to be a smartass, i genuinely want to know.

thank you

jumbos_mom
My brother in law is 75 years old, he's been driving since he was a young man...yes they can, they can tell shadows and shades of black to white, so they know when the light changes and which one is red, which one is yellow and which one is green.

pouletperson
Rating
ya. im colorblind, yet that doesnt mean they cant distinguish red and green all the time. well in some cases, they cant, but sometimes they can tell, especially if its a vibrant green or red. even if they cant tell, they still remember which light is which. also, being colorblind isnt only red/green, thats just the most common. i hav difficulty telling some blues and purples apart and some greens i cant tell if they're tan, yellow, green, red, or brown

jim
I'm color blind and I have a class A license. I have what's known as red/green color blindness. I can see my colors, and I can tell the red lights from the green ones. It's very rare for color blind people to just see in black and white. It's a very vague term.

xom
Yes, that is why traffic lights are in the same order.

Fannie expecting #2, InLuvWith#1
Rating
Yes they can ;)
I know here, in Canada, every color also comes with a different shape. But mostly, they also are in the very same order.

Aly
Well since the Red light is always on top and a green light is on bottom...?

nick_25
Color blind people are probably restricted to get a driver's license.
But even if somehow u manage to get it, u may later be harmed very adversely.
Obviously, if u have a proper aid in overwhelming ur defect, then it it is nothing wrong.

vicentev22
good question i dont know the answer
i'll ask my brother he's a cop

UCANTCME
Rating
Yes and people can be taught to recognize colors by means such as brightness of colors or location.

An example of the location would be a stoplight.

The person would be taught that the red light is at the top, the yellow in the center and the green at the bottom.

Another would be to learn that a stop sign is red, a yield sign, and so forth. Sometimes, specially tinted eyeglasses can help.

dirtytricksracing@sbcglobal.net
Rating
They can drive in areas that are black and white only.

Pranjul R
Rating
no as they dont keep difference in traffic colors

Plesley
Rating
no they aren't allowed to.

that's why you need to pass the test with an eyedoctor first to give you clearance.

you're also not allowed to drive without glasses if you need some, contact lenses aren't prohibited but not recommended cause they might fall out or make your eye watery and might cause an accident.

Adam
Yes, of course. My grandad is red/green colour blind and he legally has a license. One common thing people that aren't colour blind think is that everything that is red or green is always mixed up but it isn't for example, the red light still looks red to me and the green light still looks green. It's just I can't make out the numbers on a Ishihara plate. I never knew I had colour blindness until I checked out those plates.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How do I politely tell someone that I refuse to let my children ride of a car without a car seat?
An acquaintance of mine invited me and my children over to their house to play with their new puppies, but the issue is we don't have a vehicle so she wants to pick us up. I have three children ...

Can a person with just only one arm be a allowed to drive
idk just ...

What is the top speed limit in your state (in kilometers per hour, if possible ?) Thanxx?

Car accident is it my fault?
so I was at my friends birthday party and I was following a line of cars but got separated. I made a wrong left turn and pulled into a church. The church had an incline and It was hard to see any ...

Driving question? I need help with stop signs.?
Ok I was driving today and I accidentally drove right past a school bus that was parked with it's stop sign out. There were no kids getting off, but I wasn't paying attention and blew thier ...

What are you supposed to do when your car starts to spin out of control in the rain?
tonight I was driving around a curve and all of a sudden there was all this water on the road and my car felt like it was in the air or something, like I had no control of it, and I hit the brakes ...

What are some worthless safety devices that you think arent worth money?
just need ...

Do you think it's okay for a semi truck to go 80 m.p.h. if the traffic conditiona are favorable?
I am just curious about this. I have over 20 years experience driving a tractor -trailer and have had no accidents. My truck will go triple digit on the ole speedometer if I push it....

If a pedestrian starts to cross but I have enough room to go...?
say im making a left turn and a pedestrian starts to cross on the far side and i have enough room to cross (say its a long crosswalk) do I still have to wait for them to cross in front of me? same ...

What does the street sign "do not pass" mean?
On a two way road, one lane each way, 35mph, there is a posted sign saying, "DO NOT PASS." There are side streets off of this road. Does this mean that I cannot pass cars that are stopped ...

If youre sitting in the open space at the back of a ford truck travelling at 90mph and fire a crossbow ?
just wondering if the arrow would travel at the same velocity or would something interesting happen if the crossbow fired from a stationery position.

ive got a little too much time on my ...

Is the proper way of shoveling snow off your walkway, on to the street,.?
-recently,I have noticed that most people when shoveling the snow from their sidewalk put all the snow onto the street making it harder for me to park my vehicle,.why do these same people not shovel ...

Have you started to use child car/booster seat since the new law can in, in england?

My friend just told me 90 on the motorway will only get you 3 points? is this true?
speeding....

What is the best way to drive an automatic car with a walking/cast boot on your right foot?
I am an experienced older driver with a safe driving record....

How do do you fight speeding when no radar was used?

Do you realize more people died last year on the roads than in all of the year of Vietnam? Why don't they...
build a wall for those killed on our highways. That would be a pretty big wall, unless the wall was taller. But I guess people would need to become taller first
Additional Details
W...

Why is it difficult passing UK practical driving test? Are this centre Money making insitution? Pls advise.?

Why when driving everybody on the road going slower than you is an idiot..and anyone going faster is a maniac?

Falling asleep behind the wheel. need help desperately!?
i drive 50 miles each way for my commute. And everyday i start falling asleep behind the wheel. its already caused one accident. i've tried everything, turning up the music, rolling the windows ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links