Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Can i put my baby in a car seat in the front of a van?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can i put my baby in a car seat in the front of a van?

i need to go see my mum this weekend, my baby is nearly 7 weeks to save the hassle of getting the train with a change half way dad has offered to take me in his van, it is a Mercedes Vito only 3 front seats, if i put the baby in her car seat rear facing next to me is this legal in england and if so is it safe or should i just get the train? advice please. thank you loads xx

thud.fan
It may only be legal if there are no other legal seats behind the front seats. Check the driver handbook for the region where you live.

All the best.

r doug w
Rating
Yes it's legal to have a rear facing child's seat in the front as long as the airbag (if fitted) is deactivated, and if you follow 'madman 17's' thinking you wouldn't leave the house, (which have been known to collapse around you) do what you think is best, sh*t does happen, but with reasonable care can be avoided, Have a nice day...

madman172
in au not legal, as member of a rescue crew, have you seen what can happen to child seats when placed in front seats. thats may best answer ok

nina
is it legal to drive with my 2 year old in my van?if its in a carseat?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How Hot Can the Fire get in a Plane Crash and Could a Fire Proof Blanket Protect you while trying to escape?
I have this Ideal... But I dont know if it would work... I would bring a fireproof blanket on the airplane and if something bad would happen then I would cover my self with it for the flash fire then ...

Seat belt and helmet laws?
In your opinion, how much control should the government (state or federal) have over whether people take safety precautions on the road such as wearing seat belts and helmets?...

Will I crash my dads race car tomorrow?

Additional Details
well ...

NYS Junior Driver License?
Hey, I am 16 and got my junior license july 14th 08. I just started drivers ed. Takes about 3 months plus some for some make up days I missed. After that I take the road test and pass it do I get ...

How to overcome fear of driving?
I'm 16, turning 17 really soon and I only have my permit. I'm currently enrolled in Driver's Ed ( we start driving tomorrow ) and I'm freaking out just thinking about it !
<...

Towing my trailer...?
I own an toy hauler and a truck, but recently the truck has been acting up...does anyone know of a rental place that will rent me a large truck that would carry between 5,000 and 10,000 pounds?...

Do Trains and Tram driver have seat-belts to wear?

How to stop a bike at high speed?
i've bought new karizma 3 months ago and i fell from that for 5-6 times... in last three months... the thing is that... a situation where i've to stop my bike because of some external ...

HELP, PLEASE!! CAN GOING 35 MPH ON A VAN KILL SOMEONE?
CAN GOING 35 MPH ON A VAN KILL SOMEONE? ONLY SERIOUS ANSWERS PLEASE!!
Additional Details
MY UNCLE WAS KILLED ON HIS BIKE BY A VAN AND THE SPEED LIMIT IS 35....

In California, if driving correctly and obeying all traffic laws HOW DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS PARKING LOT?
What is the correct way to pull out of this parking lot http://www.geocities.com
Is it correct / legal to leave going out the way the blue or green lines ...

Drivers of the left lane?
To the drivers who continually drive in the left lane on highways and interstates, please tell me why you do it. I really want to know. Don't you know the slow traffic keep right rule? It is ...

Are blackened taillights and a purposefully hard to read license plate legal in florida?
There is a BMW M6 Dinan that is "tricked out" in my neighborhood. The driver drives it like he is on a racetrack,extremely recklessly, driving at very high speeds, tailgating, weaving, etc.....

Is 3 points for rolling through a stop sign normal?

Do you need to take any Drivers Ed program after getting your learners permit at 18?
Ok so I live in VA, and am 17+ yrs old !!!! yes i don have my permit yet..BUT am planning on getting one on my 18th birthday, which is like 3 days from now!!! but the thing is am really confused ...

Why do people speed on the roads?
First of all, I want everyone to know who is reading this to know that I do not want to be flamed or verbally abused. I'm going to ask a question and I want positive feedback here. I want an ...

What happens if you hit a postal truck with a private car?
is it a federal ...

Why can't people in the South drive cars?
I've been in a car accident in Georgia and now another one, here in Texas, so I've wrecked 2 cars, total. This is absurd, whats up with these drivers? Why do they have such a slow mentality?...

Question about stop signs/lines?
If there's a stop sign and there's a stop line a little farther ahead. Do you stop at the stop line or the stop sign?...

My wheels are locking up, is it a problem with my brakes?
I have a '98 Altima with power (but not ABS) 4-wheel disk brakes. I'm not sure if something is wrong with them or what. Not too long ago, a car in front of me slowed down suddenly to make a ...

Radar Detectors- Does this logic make sense?
Radar detectors are actually good and help you drive safer, because you will slow down in areas where there is enforcement. My logic is police set up radar in areas in which they've had ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links