Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Can parking tickets affect your driving record?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can parking tickets affect your driving record?

On my campus this year, due to a small mishap, i got 3 parking tickets this summer for parking w/o a permit (well 2 were that, one was a misplaced permit because my temp permit fell off my mirror and landed on my dash), which i had, but it was in another car. I got those reduced to $5 misplaced permit)

Anyway, I ended up getting 2 more tickets since the year has started. Anyway, i paid all my tickets, but i am wondering if they will affect my driving record (or worse get me my license suspended). The 2 i got, 1 was for my meter expiring, the other was parking in a no parking zone.

I'm from Minnesota BTW, if that makes any difference.

Friendly Stranger..
No, you will not get points on your license for this. You only have your license suspended for moving traffic violations, or failure to obey traffic laws. Parking tickets only fine you a certain amount. Also there are rules that if you do not pay them on time or at all then the fine will double. Besides, if your license were an issue here, I'm sure you would have received a notice by now stating that your license is suspended since you said you have now reached parking ticket number 5. Its just payment of fines nothing serious other than that.

basebll824
Rating
Parking tickets will not affect your insurance because they are not moving violations. However, if you accumulate a lot of unpaid parking tickets, your car can be impounded.

Vince M
Rating
I agree with the "no" answers.

Only moving violations will go against a driving record, and only unpaid tickets will prevent your renewing your license and car registration.

UCANTCME
Nope

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How far do you need to read a number plate from on your driving test?r=1225892966?
im taking my test on the 20th of november what should i ...

Are you driving a car, how do you react on this?
If you are driving on the road then you encountered the most unfriendly, angry & dangerous behavior behind you that never stop swearing and putting the horn because someone in front of you was an ...

Texas AMBULANCE requirements?
I've heard several times that it is a State of Texas law that A/C and heat are required in the patient compartment of an ambulance.
I can not seem to find this on any website if this is ...

What do you do at 4-way tops, uncontrolled intersections, and signalised intersections?
I have drivers education and I didn't really understand what my teacher was saying about 4-way stops, uncontrolled intersections, and signalised intersections. Who goes first in what situations ...

If you only have your temps in Ohio from age 15.5 to 16, do you lose permit for getting rear-ended? ?

Need car seats for my kids?
I'm trying to get on my feet, and am severely hurting for money at the moment. I just got a car, and need to know if theres somewhere here in Spfld MO that gives away child safety seats? Please ...

Is it more dangerous to have a propane powered car?
I'm afraid there's a risk of the tank blowing up!...

Is Toyota Prius allowable for the road test?
I've got a quick question, does anyone know if Kilmer, Edison New Jersey road test center allow Toyota Prius to be used in the Road Test??? I'd appreciate your answers......

What to do if your vehicle stalls while driving on a highway? What is an off-road recovery and how is it done?
What should you do if your car stalls while you're driving down a road? I don't mean what you should do after you've gotten off the road safely, but what you should do ON the road ...

Why do think we should wear seatbelts?
I don't disagree or anything. Its just my speech topic at school and I want to know your opinion. Thankyou! And if you have anyother info please add it!!! Thanks! By the way, I'm not sure ...

Question about driving?please help?
when you stop at traffic behind a car,you stopped with your foot brake and have been driving on gear 2,when your preparing to go,do you have to bring the gear back to gear 1?...

What can i do to get my car ready for the winter? Driving tips?
I have a 2002 chrysler sebring and will be moving to Ohio. This is the first time i'll be driving in Snowy/ ICY conditons. Any tips on how to get the car ready and how to drive safely?...

Universal seat covers?
im trying to get seat covers for my car..what does it mean if its universal? one size fits all??......

What should i do if someone broke into our car last night?

Additional Details
the problem is i dont know if they took anything or not . but the door was open alitle and everything in the dashboard was thrown everywhere in the car and everything ...

Does a car tend to veer in the direction of a flat tire, or away from it?
for example, if the front left tire were to pop suddenly, would the car veer left?

I don't know why I;m having trouble visualizing the answer...Hm.
Thanks....

Will they still fail you even if you pass everything else?
In the road test, will they still fail you if you pass everything i.e smooth stop, k-turns and etc, but not the parallel parking...(i.e. hit the cone, hit the curb and so on)???
Additional D...

How many cars fit in 107 linear feet?
I want to know how many cars I can park along a curb that is 107 linear feet....

DO winter tires help for better drifting?
I'm not really good with car knowledge (at least not yet) and i was wondering if winter tires help you drift better for a car in the snow?...

Is it dangerous to drive with a mattress on your SUV?
We have a queen mattress set (boxspring and mattress) that we need moved, we live 4 hours (250miles) away though. I tried to look up some freight places but they're all expensive and not worth ...

Ok have pass my driving test?
so how do you over come getting in the car on your own with out thinking your doing it wrong and thay are all looking at ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, July 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links