Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Can you get fired for not going to work due to snow/freezing rain conditons?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you get fired for not going to work due to snow/freezing rain conditons?

We have had snow and freezing rain the last few days and I haven't been able to get into work. My boss is pressuring me about coming in but the roads are too slick
Additional Details
i live 50 miles away

mobilemark
ask him to come pick you up! that might change his mind
it also depends what type of job you have
can you telecomute n user your computer at home to access your comuter at work?
(ie if you are a police officer then you should go to work)

SoCal Dude
As the previous answer said, it can depend on your job.

Also, if your area is under a snow emergency or other weather emergency, all non-emergency travel may be prohibited. If you cannot legally be on the roads, I don't think you should be in trouble for not coming into work.

If your decision not to go to work is strictly voluntary (in other words, not because of an "emergency" declared by the local authorities), then you may have to use a vacation day or take the day as unpaid.

Scott H
It is your responsibility to get yourself to work. Maybe you should either move closer to your employer or find a job that isn't 50 miles away?

versantly
Rating
absolutely -invest in a more dependable vehicle or find a job closer. your boss has a business to run. check your HR rules for specifics.

dirtytricksracing@sbcglobal.net
Yes you can

tuffgurl1
Rating
It also depends on your attendance otherwise, Do you call in a lot? It is bad when the road are bad, and you have to work but it's a way of life we all have to deal with. Unless you don't feel comfortable driving in it see if a co worker lives near you that you can drive with.

Dan W
Rating
You should call the traffic department for driving conditions, main streets are often passable when neighborhood roads are iced.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Who has the right of way.The guy in the rotary /roundabout or the guy coming into the rotary /roundabout?
And what state are you in. T...

Where do we get Mesh Jackets with protective armour in India?
Mesh Jackets are used in the US of A by most of the bikers. These jackets have a lot of Protective Armour that prevents injury during motorcycle rides. We need to source these in India. Some of the ...

Why don't people use their damn turn signals? Do you?
I would slow down a bit more if I knew you were trying to take a right, but you didn't signal, so now my hood is in your trunk... good job, genius! thats what the damn lever to the left of the ...

All new and experienced cops or anyone street smart... Will the person hit get charged with hit and run?
Fellow cops... If a person was hit by another car and the other call left the scene and the person that was hit left the scene to call for help because they didnt have a cell phone. When the person ...

Is the driving age different in every state?
I am writing an essay on the current driving age in Massachusettes, and I wanted to know if the age is the same from state to state.(its 16 years of age in massachusetts)...

Is this safe????????!!!!!!!!!!?
ok i went to the doctor yesterday for my sore thraot and my eyes. and i took a pill yesterday and im suppose to take 3 pills a day breakfast lunch and dinner. Im suppose to take therm until the ...

Writing on the back window of a car?
Okay i have court today, in like an hour. bt thats besides the point. I got a ticket for having writng on the rear window, like window paint. And i was just wondering if in anyway that shouldnt have ...

I have a pickup truck with a topper. What is the best way to adjust the right side mirror?
I recently inherited a 1994 Ford Ranger, extended cab with a topper affixed to the bed.

http://www.canopiesunlim
This is basically it, ...

I am nervous about the 2 hour drive to my uncles house after our car crash in may what can i do to feel safe?
On Saturday, I am going to my Uncle's house and it is 2 hours away & I am still a little nervous about going after we just had a car crash in May this year. Is there anything I can do to ...

What is the window tint law for cars in Delaware? anyone know?
is it legal to tint the rear windshield and the rear side windows of a car registered in DE? i'm not talking like real limo dark, just a lil ...

What happens when you lose your lerner's permit, and need another? HELP!?
Basically that, I lost my permit, I need another one. I don't know if there is a fine or what....

Am I allowed to drive alone with an interim license?
I know that I get this if i pass the driver's test and have to wait for my actual license to arrive in the mail. Am i allowed to drive alone with the interim license or must i wait until i ...

Do i need snow chains on 35" mudd tires MTA ?
B F goodrich MTA mudd tires 35"
Additional Details
Big Bear California !...

How do I put a trailer hitch on my car? ?
I need to make my Mazda Protege (2002) able to pull a small trailer. How do I go about putting a trailer hitch to my car? Can I do it myself, cheaply? Or should I get it done by my mechanic?...

Will there be outside traffic while iam taking a Road test in Rahway,NJ?

Is it grand theft auto if you leave your door unlocked and the keys in the car?
I didn't do it but I'm just curious, cause I know if the door is unlocked and they go in your car then they won't get charged for anything.
Additional Details
A cop told ...

Do I need snow chains for my tires to get to Big Bear?
I'll be traveling to Big Bear from Riverside in a sedan. . ....

What age do you have to be to get your permit in ohio?
ok so my friend who is 3 months older than me just got her permit and i should get mine in february if they havent canged it yet. im scared cuz i want it. and i heard they were gonna change it. but i ...

Florida Learners Permit Question?
can u still get your permit if u took the online test before ur 18 but u turn 18 the day you take the picture n pay for your ...

How do I get my stubborn brother to wear his seatbelt in the car?
he is 10years old and epileptic (he has seizures) and extremely stubborn. when he gets into something, he won't stop talking about it or doing it in this case. Whenever he is in the car or on ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links