Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Do people still kill themselves using their car exhaust? ?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do people still kill themselves using their car exhaust? ?

i always thought after catalytic converters were introduced, this became impossible ?i read somewhere that cat converters get rid of nearly 99% of the CO in car exhaust. (just had one of those pointless arguments with a friend about people dying from CO poisoning from car exhaust, that it's near impossible unless the person actually leads a hose from the exhaust, and even then it might be 50/50)
Additional Details
*edit*
this is to river walker,
this question was pretty much asked from a TECHNICAL curiosity about cars, nothing suicidal in nature. sorry to hear that you had CO poisoning, and didn't mean to make light of your plight. but seriously though, after catalytic converters were introduced, i know that there should be less than 1% CO in the car's exhaust, just wanted some internet corroboration to show friend, thats ALL
i like my life too much to ask 'loaded' questions : )

Karen christie
My daughter killself last year in her car she had the car running for 2hours before they found her they did a track of her phone but could not find her at the time dont know why it toke so long she did it at 830 they found her at 10.45 she had put it on face book wished shed rang me as l never used facebook so you see it does happen

River Walker
Davis S.
This is a loaded question for anyone to ask on the internet. How does anyone, who would answerer your question supposed to know if you considering suicide or not?
I know the answerer, but are reluctant to say!
I HAVE HAD CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING, before, It Ain't No Good Thing!!! Mine wasn't from suicide tho, My was a boating thing.
If you want to hear more from me reply and I will respond appropriately.
Good Luck, River Walker

Masonic Knight
Rating
We had a guy kill himself with a gas powered weedeater in his closet....They can always find a way.

John B
yes it happed here not long ago but the man took his kids with him

paddfoot
Rating
with modern cars you likely wouldn't die of co poisoning more like lack of oxygen, old cars would kill you

Friendly Stranger..
Actually people still kill themselves this way. Its not as common as it used to be but it still happens. Basically the way it works now is that a person can still use a hose to lead the exhaust into the vehicle, or the less conventional way which is to let your car run in the garage with the windows down. Its not that hard to do it because if you have enough open places in your car and no where for the gas to escape then you can kill yourself in those ways. New technology hasn't stopped this because the exhaust comes out of the tail pipe.

CwboyBill
It's still POSSIBLE but much, much more difficult to do with today's modern cars. They usually run out of gas long before enough Co2 is built up to kill a human in a garage. Usually just results in brain damage -- so for heaven's sake, jump off a bridge or something.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What would happen if I used 205/70 15r tires on a car that uses 215/70 15r tires?
I just Got a newer car But my old tires are in a lot better condition. What would happen if I used 205/70 15r tires on a car that uses 215/70 15r tires?

Question about a car accident?
Yesterday I got into my first car accident, It was raining and I was about to make a left turn (with my signal on) and someone rear ended me. There was no damage but my head hit the seat.. I didn'...

What do no outlet signs mean?
I have seen them a lot and theyre usually near the entrance of a normal street in a neighborhood.. it just says NO OUTLET on it and i always wondered what the heck that meant!?! anyone have a clue?...

Can just anyone put up a no parking sign?
i live in a community and my driveway is not very large. We have 3 people that live here and the driveway fits 2 so the third one parks across the street. they just put a sign up saying no parking ...

Driving Age..........?
I am doing a debate on increasing the driving age to 18(requirment for my class) and i was wondering how will increasing the age benefit the community in any way..less car crashes etc...? i found ...

How encourage children to be aware of personal safety and the safety of others?
i would like somebody who do nvq2 to help ...

Safe to get a taxi at 3am?
I'm planning a trip, if I arrive in Flagstaff at 2:45am and take a taxi to hotel, is it safe? thanks....

Can you give me a list of the traffic signs?
For example: one way only, stop sign ahead, road work ahead.

Please give me some more....

How old do u have to be to get your driver license in texas.?

What happens if you hit a person with your car, but it is an accident?
My friend was driving down a busy highway, and a pedestrian was trying to cross the 5 lane highway and wasn't in a crosswalk. My friend didn't see him, swerved, but still hit him. The man ...

About how much should I expect to pay for Lojack in NYC?

Can anyone tell me about the Storm flag signals?
Please explain me about the different types of storm flag symbols which are raised in Harbour? what is meant by flag1 is hoisted and flag 2 is hoisted? Why different types of flags r hoisted?
S...

Double Solid Lines on the Freeway?
You know the Double yellow solid lines on the Freeway in the carpool lane? I know that people cant cross into the carpool lane when they are like that but has any of you noticed that when u are in ...

Who must yield at a marked, unregulated crosswalk in New Orleans, the pedestrian or the car?
I was crossing the street at a well-marked intersection's crosswalk with no stoplights. I looked both ways for safety's sake, and saw a police car coming slowly about half a block down. I ...

Why is the sidewalk put into pieces?
Why does the sidewalk have lines dividing it into little blocks instead of one long continuous sidewalk? please send the website where you found it ?...

Handbrake does not stay up engaged?
My 2000 Camry handbrake falls down when lifted up. It occasionally stays up. The release button seems spongy. Any idea what has gone wrong. Please don't answer "take it to mechanic"....

How can you improve car parking space? 10 points for best A?
In a limited space. How could I maximise space?
A museum im looking at currently only accommodates a few cars, i need it to hold much more. Im not sure what to propose, knocking through the ...

My car has summer tires,should I install all season or snow tires for winter.?
I have a Nissan Altima S-ER with summer/street slick tires and this is my first winter with the car.
It is illegal(and obviously dangerous) where I live to have summer rubber from December to ...

Learning to drive all alone..?
at 30 years old...do you think I should just get in the car and teach myself how to drive? i get nervous when someone else is with me.
i need to learn now!!!!!! (pls dont answer if you're ...

**Assume that Aimee is parked in the centerof the parking lot which is 30 feet from the start of the paved pat?
calculate the exact distance (in feet) for Aimee to get from the parking lot to the house when teta is equal to 30 degree,45,and 60. next calculate the exact Time (in minute) it takes for Aimee to ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, April 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links