Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

HOW can I get up an icy/snowy steep driveway?
Find answers to your legal question.

HOW can I get up an icy/snowy steep driveway?

On my RSX I have Nokian WR G2's which are better than all seasons but not dedicated snow tires.

My driveway is uphill and when it snows/ice I can not get it up. (haha)

(stop the jokes)

My neighbors driveway is very similar and I can it up fine....makes no sense.

Will dedicated snow tires help me? Will anything help me?

Oh to make matters worse my fiancee has a Civic Coupe with all seasons and she cant get it up at all where I can sometimes.

Mike B
Rating
There's a new invention out now. It's a metal blade of some sort on the end of a 4 or 5 foot pole. They say you push the snow off of the surface. I believe they are calling it a SHOVEL.

A good coat of Calcium Chloride pellets will melt the ice/snow mixture down to around 0F (a warm night here in Illinois lately). After it has started to melt the ice/snow, you use the shovel to remove more of the ice/snow mixture.

solvent
You may try reverse uphill if yours a front wheel drive (reverse into the driveway instead if wheel spin is observed)

You may also lower the air pressure within the tire by about 5%, if you normally do not travel fast or long distance (inflate the tire back to normal pressure if you need to)

Russ B
Go buy some salt or other type of ice melting substance. Whats the point of spending all the money on snow tires if the only place you are having trouble driving is your driveway. Its much cheaper to just remove the ice.

KAM
its called a shovel,or snow blower, and rock salt!!!!!!!

Got sand? Seriously, go to a concrete company or gravel pit.

UCANTCME
Don't use salt...........just buy some play sand and not regular sand from your local lowes or home depot.......

bb09260
Get Out Of The Car While Its On Neutral And Run Around To The Back Of The Car And Sit Down, The Car Will Do The Rest.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What to do when a car can't climb up a snowy hill that's only about a 25 degree slope?
It's snowing a lot right now here(NY), and my dad just got back home.

He told me that his car couldn't climb up a hill that wasn't even steep

or anything, and ...

Obstructing duel carriage ways and M ways?
Does it annoy others when you are blocked from overtaking by a driver who stays in the outside lane of a duel carriageway? Traffic backs up and the near side lane is free why do they not move over ...

Careless driving and left turn ticket.?
I was involved in an accident. I pulled out in the middle of the intersection (to make a left turn) and stopped waiting for everyone going straight to go through. About 4 or 5 cars went straight and I...

How to find out how to install carseat?
i am trying to find out the proper way to install a car seat for my almost 2yr old girl. its an 89 ford ranger extended cab. the front seats are bucket so there is no center space and the back only ...

Is my car dangerous with rusty jacking point?
i jacked my bmw 318i up by the jacking point at the side of the car and i noticed that it was rusty and now it has bent up abit. im worried that it mite be chassis damage....

How Do You Get a Noise Violation Without Knowing It?
I just got a speeding ticket yesterday (and I was speeding, so no dispute there). However, when the cop was running my license he said that there was a warrant out because I had gotten a noise ...

Seat belts and Newton's first law of motion?
Can anyone please help me one comparing the similarities with seat belt protections and Newtons first law of motion?And how Newton's 1st law describes the importance of seat belts, and what can ...

Do lidar speed radars take photos?
When they target a speeder do they take a photo of the car to enable a fine to be sent, or are they only there for the police to check speeds then chase if necessary. And do they allow for speedos to ...

WHEN YOU LOOK AHEAD WHILE DRIVING, IT IS BEST TO?
A. Look beyond the car ahead of you
B. Look only at the back of the car ahead of you
C. Focus on the right side of your ...

HID headlights in ontario?
is it illegal to have hid lights installed in your car, what brand is ...

Driving to big bear tomorow do i need chains?
We are going in a two wheel drive Sequoia and i am really afraid its going to be icy. The for cast says it is not going to snow and its fairly sunny tomorow and thursday but should we still get ...

Driving my wagon how to stay awake?
im a long distance wagon driver and i tend to get sleepy i pull over but costs time witch i haven't got any good remedy's to stay awake coffee doesn't ...

What are your tips for winter/night driving...?

Policeman????? 10 points?
i was wondering are there any policemen that go on yahoo, because i always get good answers and i want to know if there are any policemen on yahoo. I also want to know what it is like being a ...

I can't find the vehicle placard that tells me the pressure my tires should be, help?
It's a 1997 Chevy Malibu and I can't find the placard in any of the doors, the glovey, or the trunk. Does anyone know what my cold tire pressure should be?
Additional Details
A...

What should i know? PLEASE ANSWER!!!!?
I am taking my learner's permit test today. what should i know?
all answers are appreciated....

Where can i find snow chains in bellevue?
I am looking to purchase snow chains for my Toyota Corolla. I am just wondering what's the best place to find snow chains to purchase in the 98007, Bellevue area. I've tried Costco but ...

Please help its snowy and we need to get somewhere quick!?
Ok so our wippers are pretty dead, well they are. Anyway where is the fuse panel on a VW phasat 2007??? Please help!!! and what number it is!!!...

Turning left on double solid line?
Can you make a left turn into your "home" driveway when there is a Solid double line in your street? Is that an exception to do so? I know you can't do it for any other reason but i...

How fast should i drive in the snow?
Im taking my drivers test in a few days, and its been snowing recently. The weather is clear for the day of my test so they wont cancel it, but i want to know how much i should reduce my speed if the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links