Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Handicap parking sign height?
Find answers to your legal question.

Handicap parking sign height?

I'm lookings to install a handicap parking sign in the state of Florida and I was wondering if anyone knew the height the sign should be from the ground.

Sandi
Rating
I'm no city official, but per this website it needs to be 84 inches above the ground. Check this PDF out. It is a small article, but has a lot of info in it you probably need to know. Hope it helps!

Fred C
YOU are installing a sign? Where are you planning on putting it? Do you own a new store or restaurant with parking, and are designating the spots? I kind of makes a difference, plus there may be a municipal bylaw on the placement, so it might help to know what city as well.
The standard for Florida is, however, 84", which is pretty stupid because it puts it way above the sight lines of a car driver pulling in. Most cities have them 48" to 60" off the ground, meaning drivers are actually looking at them when they pull in.

bungee
measure a couple others around you<<

UCANTCME
The rules are the same for all states concerning this application..

The bottom of the sign should be about 7' from the ground.

..l._ (-_^) _.l..
It doesnt really matter, but the best height for a handycap parking sign would probley be your mom.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Driving learner roundabouts?
When you're in 4th and heading towards a roundabout, do you brake and then change down to 3rd and then 2nd without taking foot off the brake?...

Blue and White German Road Sign?
My german teacher showed us a sign yesterday and it was blue and white like a courtyard and it was diamond shaped. Maybe the outer part is a blue square, then a white square, another blue and another ...

What age do babies stop using the infant car seat?

How vehicle's speed influences aquaplanning?
factors of aquaplanning......

How long have airbags been around?
When were they created?...

How to make go kart street legal?
How would i make a go kart street legal in wisconsin? Wisconsin law doesn't approve them for street use but there is ways to change that. Does anyone know how?...

Why is wrong to coast?
My driving instructor and I had this argument many times. Driving downtown, where the minimum speed is 25 mph (max 30), I often coasted at 18-20 mph between lights, because they are spaced pretty ...

How many people have been killed by airbags?

Driving anxiety behind the wheel.?
I started my drivers training coarse last year when i was 16 and failed at finishing. I had no problem with the written part of the class, and thought driving was going to be easy. Unfortunately when ...

Parking a car at night on unlit roads?
Is it illegal to park on the wrong way on a unlit unclassified road.
i.e do i have to have my rear reflectors showing to on coming cars if so is this road speed related....

Hit and run? did i? really confused?
what consider hit and run, how can they say that you hit and run? do you have to sign some paper to consider hit and run, i mean you hit and run not someone hit your car. i have the situation that in ...

My driving privilegies are suspended for 180 in new jersey for unlicense what happen if I still driving_?

Scenario: You witness a terrible car accident. Do you leave the scene or wait & report what happened?
I witnessed a terrible car accident. There were 5+ other vehicles who were at the scene and witnessed this accident. They all took off. The gentleman who's car was hit was severely injured ...

Brand new student driver...?
Would it be okay to put a sign on the car that says "student driver"???...

Why do People Not Pass You, and Then Get Mad About it?
Almost daily, I ride my bicycle to school, and on a certain hill, I have to go slow. So I move over to the far right side of the road. I go as far over as I can, but not too far, as there's a ...

Getting your permit ?
i live in virgina and i am getting my permit tomo. is there any tips that you can tell me ?...

What to do wen a vehicle is marked for 72 hours? ( in parking control)?
im a parking control officer and i wanna know wat i have to do when i am asked to mark a car for parking in an lot for more than 72 hours!!!!...

Should I put cameras in my car?

Additional Details
why not????...

IS IT LEGAL TO HAVE PAASENGERS RIDE IN THE BED OF A PICK TRUCK IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA? ?

What to do if pant button/fly/front keeps falling below the belt buckle?
Oftentimes when I wear jeans or just normal pants with jeans, whenever i sit down, or move around a bit, the front sections of the pants, where the zippers, buttons, clips, fly, whatever is, goes ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links