Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

How do I get my husband to drive slower and safer?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do I get my husband to drive slower and safer?

He drives crazy all the time even when we have our kids in the car. He thinks he drives safe but I disagree. He always drives over the speed limit, he has real bad road rage everything that other people do on the road pisses him off. I tried to get him to comprimise but he won't. And it bothers him even more when I drive cause he says I drive to slow. I don't know what to do. We used to have two cars but he crashed his now we have to drive one car and since me and the kids go to school not to far from our house and he works about 30 miles away he has to drive....Any suggestions?

Max Cruise
Refuse to be in the car when he drives.
You must take a stand for the sake of your children and you the parent. If he is driving OK and then flips into speeding and road rage mode, take our your cell phone and tell him to chill out or you are calling the police.
Period.
This is when you need to take the hard line. He slows down or you hit the speed dial for 911.
This will be very hard to do and may be very unpleasant, but everyones safety depends on your husband being a safe driver.
I wish you the best, but be prepared for this to get ugly.
Just remember, you are doing this for your children's safety.

Azn Street racer
Rating
refuse to get into the car. he is puting your life and your kids in danger... although i do like to go very fast too. anyway. if you know any local tuner shops see if they can mod it so it wont go as fast... its the opposite of what they do lol. or take the keys from him. i remember seeing thing not to long along for parents and new teen drivers where they can set the speed limit on the car and stuff

shaneo
unbolt his engine he'll only be able to go 2 miles an hour when he pushes it

horsecrazyguy
you'd think crashing his car would teach him a lesson. it didn't with my father either though. try telling him what about his driving isn't safe and remind him he drives with children in the car. if you have to, tell him, you're gonna do all the driving from now on if he doesn't improve his driving.

Nivea
Refuse to get in the car with him. He is risking your life, and the kids. If you do, you may be seeing your baby in a casket, tell him that. And if you do drive with this out of control nutcase, YOU are to blame when they roll your baby on a guerney at the morgue over to the window, covered in a white sheet, so you can identify that sweet little baby face, DEAD BODY.

bungee
Rating
just keep nagging, it works everytime<

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How long can a parking fine be on hold for?
My partner received a parking fine and contested this and was told it was being put on hold. Its been on hold for 2 months now with no word back from them. So wondering how long can they keep it on ...

Are to safe driving be on illegale ?
are to save people driving ...

Can anyone recommend a child seat for a Focus ST3?
I've just bought a Focus ST3 & am having trouble finding a seat for my 4 year old which fits properly. Please help....

Ways to skip or not have to pass inspection to drive your car?

? belt squeks on 2003nissansentrabut not all of the time?
sometimes my belts squeak and not all the ...

I need help with a car seat?
hi i still haven't found any organization that will help me get a special car seat for my 2 year old granddaughter who has scoliosis, nobody will help us .she has to wear a chest cast. and it is ...

How Many Feet Do You Measure For This?
I just put in a new driveway & of course the approach & sidewalk. I know that there needs to be a yellow painted curb so vehicles do not park so close to the entrance of my driveway. This ...

Why do the put braille on a drive through ATM machine.?

Driving visibility...help?
1) four aids that can be used to improve visibility
2) why do windshield wipers sometimes streak and blur the windshield?
3) what can be done when windshield wipers streak?
4) 4 things ...

Was the Bridgestone and Firestone tire recall necessary?

Should Drunk Driving be deemed as attempted murder?
a case in ohio where a Drunk Driver hit and killed a small boy he was sentenced to 15yrs in jail and a perminate license suspension. my feelinga are you get behind the wheel of a car you are ...

Which car was always catching fire?
there was a ford vehicle that used to catch fire from the carb over heating or something like that. i wonder if anyone knows the name of ...

Wtas the procdure of brake testing on rolling road tester?

What is the real benefit of Cruise Control in an automobile?
A few years ago, my cruise control was stuck in acceleration. At first I thought it was cool, as I reached 100 miles per hour. However, when traffic came to a sudden stop, the fun was over. The ...

Can somone give me a Crash course on what you need to know about cars/street racing?.?
Im just now getting into cars ive been looking up alot of things up but i fear my journey is at a halt, i cannot find any sites that give me the information so badly desire lol..
Anyway im ...

Suspension Bridges? What's you opinion?
I'm going to be hiking out to a suspension bridge, but i'm scared of heights, so I would like you to tell me: do you think they're safe? And why?...

Forklifts! is there much manual lifting involved?
I would love to do a forklift job! I could go out and get my forklift licence but I have a back problem! Would I need to lift anything myself or would it all be literally lifted by the trucks only? I ...

Why should the driving a be lowered?
I am debating so i need ur help....

Question about driving school...?
Ive got a friend who is turning 18 and is about to take his drving exam soon. While he wants to borrow my car to practice. Although hes promised not to do anything faster than 25 mph and we are going ...

Who is responsible when you hit debris on the freeway and causes an accident?
first off i have full coverage ,my brother borrowed my car to go to work the other day ,he was on the 405 sb near the 118 in the carpool lane when he noticed there was something in his lane that was ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links