Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

How do I prevent someone from vandalizing car?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do I prevent someone from vandalizing car?

We've tried camera's, we've tried calling the police, we've tried talking to his parents. He keeps doing it. We can't catch him in the act so we don't have proof of him vandalizing her car. The video at night is not good enough. What can I do to stop this?

It's been happening for a long time and he strikes randomly. He does it at night or in the morning time. No witnesses. My sister wakes up to go to work and finds that her car is keyed, tires slashed, windows smashed, or lights smashed.

Please help!

I don't want my sister to hurt, worry and feel unsafe. It is also costing her money for repairs.

Danuta F
send detectives...like the ppl in cheaters.

NONAME
Rating
im with shazzamm just beat the hell outta him or does he have a car what ever happened to mine would happen to his

StephenWeinstein
Keep the car in a locked garage.

friedach
"garage" comes to mind...... private detective is expensive, man-traps are illegal, unfortunately, bloody big dog sounds good...PIR detector and remote flash with film cameras & alarm whilst u sleep in car....

Burt C
ok...I have done this..and it work..Trust me
Have a police detective go to the house of the suspect and claim that he has video and fingerprints of the damages.
If he comes forward he will go easy on him

You must be certain that this is the person.

vixen
Rating
put the car in the garage. if the space is already taken then put that person's car out on the street and put your sister's car in the garage.

bungee
Rating
why is it up to you to catch them, I thought the police done that. file a complaint

UCANTCME
I had a friend that had a similar situation and after speaking with the police and nothing was done they went to the police department in person and spoke with a detective this time who in turn assigned an unmarked vehicle to watch the house for 4 days and they did catch the person.

Also at my business we were having problems with graffiti and I did the same thing as my friend and the kids were caught and I did file against them and the problems stopped.

chips85
not knowing who the vandal is, is one thing, but when you KNOW who he is and dont do anything about it then your a VICTIM.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Does a good paint job make your car go faster?
I mean, what if you paint flames on it? That makes it faster right? Because your car thinks it's on fire and it's trying to outrun the flames?...

Recently passed driving?
hi i have recently passed my test i wanted to know wen you check your oil in your car how far down do you push dipstick in ?...

Real problem over here !!!!!?
what can we do with people that drive in the left side of the road very slowly at the rush hour !! we wanna go to our work fastly and we need this side to drive fast !!!...

Why are the phone signs for long loads etc etc on the other side of the level crossings?

I know my auto has maney easedropping devices in it, all without my perm. How do I get rid of them w/o much $

Additional Details
I am talking about bugs. I have no specific details because I don't know what they look like. How far can one listen in for? Any limit or x number of miles? T...

Yestorday - i had a bike wreck ...the doctor said that i need a "helmet"?
i had to go to hospital to get checked out
i had a cat scan - it showed up nothing wrong
i didnt need stitches at all
the doctor said that i need a bike helmet .

do you ...

What will happen if my engine is racing out of control and I put the car in neutral and turn the car off?
The car has an automatic transmission.
Additional Details
Wow, I am really confused now. You folks know a lot of different things about cars....

Why No Seatbelts In School Bus?
Just out of curiosity.. we have seat belts in pretty much everything i can think of.... even changing tables but we dont seem to have seat belts in school busess?

i mean i would thing ...

What is the advantages of wearing a helmet?
Since I fall alot what is the advantages to it, or is it just a bother? What do you think?...

Wne an emergency vehicle approaches, you should stop immediately wherever you are on the raod?

How foot wise are you supposed to drive?
I drive with one foot on the gas and break. I heard your supposed to drive with one foot between the two pedals.

Considering how many accidents multitasking while driving causes, do you think that it should be illegal?

Additional Details
Thank you, stewpid, for living up to your name....

Has there been an accident on the road near you last night?
If so, what happened please?...

Will you go on a plane on nine eleven anniversary?

Driving like an idiot?
my partner just lost one of his best freinds in a car crash, i thought this would make him change but he still goes out driving like an idiot doing skids and drifts and everything.. i am really ...

What color are the don't walk hand signs?
My boyfriend is being stupid and thinks they are red but I know they are orange but I want to make sure since he makes me rethink that. stupid bf!...

Why would my front wheel drive car skid on wet surfaces when accelatoring and braking.?
It would seem that my brakes lock up. Also it seems the longer I drive the car at one time the worse it gets....

What is happening with Automobile Headlights these days?
I drive on the Interstate everyday and there are Bright Pink ones, Flourescent Blue and Headlights brighter than what was once Halogens. Why are all of these headlights legal?...

Does a cop have a right to search through your friends car for finding a air soft gun in the front seat?
Okay i was sitting in my friends car with two other kids. and cops rolled up and saw a air soft gun in the front.
So they put us in gun point. Then got out of the car. and they searched it and ...

Do you think our attachment to our cell phones is good? bad? neutral? ?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, October 26, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links