Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

How do you actually die in a car crash?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do you actually die in a car crash?

What causes the death? E.g Blow to the head,

Friendly Stranger..
The cause of death in a car crash is the impact of the vehicle and the person's body. When you are in a car crash, there is a possibility of your internal organs being effected dependent upon the impact of the crash, weight of vehicle and person, and the speed. So for example, if someone is traveling 65 mph and they are hit head on by another vehicle that is traveling 80 mph the person going slower would intake more impact, and would likely be severely injured or die from the injuries. The impact is what kills along with the speed. It is the loss of blood as well. Trauma to the head or internal organs are a prime factor in this.

Rapid Fire
Sudden deceleration and blunt force trauma are the two most common causes of traffic deaths. The human body can take a lot of punishment but Mother Nature never counted on car accidents when she put us together. We were designed to survive tripping and falling out of trees; not careening into a solid object at a combined speed of 120+ MPH on the highway.

Heather S
Rating
Usually not wearing seatbelts increases your chance of death. I have a friend who was T-boned with her Mom and boyfriend. My friend and her Mom were wearing seatbelts, however her boyfriend sitting behind her wasn't, and when the car hit, he flew forward and the force of him flying into the back of her seat combined with the force of the vehilce hitting the front of thier car-the seatbealt severed one of her ateries.

SHe lived, but is now paralyzed and often says she'd rather be dead and able to "walk" in heaven" than not being able to walk or be independant.

I've heard of people getting killed when they were wearing thier seatbelt too because they get trapped in the vehicle.

G6er
It depends on the crash. If your hit from behind or something really hard, you can snap your neck. (same idea as whiplash but worse)
If you drive into water you can drown. Burn to death from explosion. you can be crushed to death if your car is smashed. If you hit something like a big rig you can be decapitated because your car goes under the trailer but cuts you off at the shoulders. You can get a puncture from debris and bleed out. You can have head trauma. Heart attack. Internal damage from banging around and internal bleeding.

Use your imagination, there are hundreds of ways to die in a car!

maxinebootie
Rating
A blow to the body can cause the aorta to rupture. The aorta is the big artery that goes from the heart.

bungee
Rating
sudden stop<

manny
Rating
Not following the simple rules of driving. Most people burn to death and some just bleed to death.some from Internal injuries.some from head injuries.

desert camel
well according to a tv add,when the body stops in a crash,the internal organs keep going and internal damage is caused.

UCANTCME
From a blow to the head or as simple as you bleed out, one of many things can cause you to die from an accident....

lee g
Rating
why do people come on here asking stupid questions and people actually sit and answer them!

aplbtm83
Rating
*Most* deaths in car crashes are a result of not wearing a seat belt. The spine gets snapped on impact and/or the person is ejected from the vehicle.

I have known a few people who died in car accidents that should have been fairly minor. Every single time it was because they were not wearing a seat belt.

Timothy L
Rating
Are you the same person who asked how you die in an aeroplane crash. Cos the answer is not too different. Apart from explosive decompression and lack of oxygen, of course.

turniptop
Rating
your heart stops beating

nia
Rating
i think you can actually die in a car accident by not wearing your seat belt and plus when you roll or something your shock and you can die

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

SEAT BELTS - Should we wear them for short distances ?

Why are there seat belts on airplanes but not buses?
Today i just read a question where someone asked why buses didnt have any seat belts and the answer was that it would be harder to get people out of seat belts in the case of an accident and that ...

Can you help with my speeding ticket?
I am fighting a speeding ticket, by written declaration. I was on a rural road and there was no posted speed limit for miles--I never saw one--there is not one. I was ticketed for going 11 miles ...

Do you feel uncomfortable with your seat belt on?

Asians are bad drivers!!!!!!! yes or no?
your opinion...i believe yes, especially women. I am not stereotypical it is just the truth....

What would happen if you ran into the side of a speeding train head first?
From the platform!!...

Is tailgating while driving considered assault? What rights do we have to defend ourselves?
I was wondering about this because tailgating is one of the most dangerous and common issues on the roads, and nearly always goes without consequence or deterrence. I am aware that retaliation after-...

Which is the safest place to sit in a car?

Car Accident - who is at fault?
i got in my car, drove to the end of the road and stopped, wanting to turn left into a main road, i look right and there is traffic coming. so i wait, while waiting a car parked in the main road on ...

Why is it that our roads are so lumpy? Can't the government build a proper road?
We can send a man to the moon but still, no one know how to build a road that won't lump up in the winter.
Additional Details
BUT EVEN WHEN THEY DO CONSTRUCT THE ROADS THEY DO A CRAP...

Are cats safe on car rides?
I love bringing my kitty with me in the car when I run around town. Is that safe for cats? I know it's not for my chinchilla's, with them being so fragile. So, I'm just making sure it&#...

Whatever happened to the rule for driving, that you stay back 1 car length for every 10 mph you're going ?
I NEVER see anyone doing that any more...It's safer, but if you don't watch it & you're hanging back, someone will jump right in front of you....

Question regarding car crash death?
Hi everyone,

Last Saturday a friend of mine died in a car crash. He was 19 years old.

He crashed on an unfinished part of a country road, so the surface just had stones on it. H...

What is the most outrageous or dangerous thing you've seen another driver do?
We've all seen women putting on their makeup while driving, or someone reading the paper while in traffic. So what's the most unusual, outrageous or scary/dangerous thing you've ever ...

Is it true that driving on the backstreets uses more gas than the same distance on the freeway?

Is it considered child endangerment to let a 13 yr old drive?
If A childs parent allows or is teaching the child to drive at the age of 13 and the Police pulls them over to a stop and the child is in the drivers seat. what are the consequence
Additional D...

How can a friend stop static shocks from the car?

If im traveling in the opposite direction of the way the speed camara is pointing can i still get flashed?

Additional Details
it flashed as i went past but it could have captured a motor going in the opposite direction to me ( the way the camara is pointing) and it is a fixed ...

Driveway blocking an entrance laws and procedures ?
A guy in my street has a driveway with a dropped curb, last night I parked my car and it WAS NOT blocking entrance to his drive way at all..but he decided he wanted to park his car outside his ...

Which is worse: driving too slow or too fast?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links