Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

How far can something (pipe)stick out of bed of my truck with a red flag and still be legal in California?
Find answers to your legal question.

How far can something (pipe)stick out of bed of my truck with a red flag and still be legal in California?

I have a full size pickup with 6ft bed. Need to move a 10ft pipe to another location 1hr away. I know it will require me to put a red flag on end thats hangs out of truck bed. But is their a max something can stick out of bed in California.

loco_tech85
If California State Vehicle & Traffic Law/Vehicle Code is anything like NY's Vehicle & Traffic Law or the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Rules - then it's anything that overhangs the back of the truck longer than 4 feet requires a red flag.

Locksmith
Rating
Ca. law says anything over 3' must be flagged. there is not specific length, but the rule is based on the safety. only 10', in a 6' bed, only a four foot overhang. no problem. not to be moved during hours of darkness (common sense) Have fun!

Buslady
I believe it's 5 feet, just don't forget that big ol red flag, tape it on there really good. I've seen some that had been ripped off by wind.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What sports car is right for me?
What is the flashiest/fastest sports car for under 35k, it must have an automatic transmission and if possible list the mpg as well.
Additional Details
i live in southern ...

Vehicle requirements to pass a safety in ontario?
I just bought a truck and am looking to do as much work on it as I can before I bring it into be safetied. So I am wondering what mechanics look at when they are inspecting these vehicles....

I am going to stop text n' driving! Will you?
Join me :) and stop texting and driving. If there's one thing we all can do is stop texting while driving to save innocent people and children. Think about the accidents that can be avoided. Put ...

Transporting children age 12 and 8 sharing a lap seat belt, while the younger uses the shoulder strap?
a friend was in need of a vehicle and a panel van was offered to him at a very low cost(financially strapped). It has a wide passenger seat and both children fit on it ok. they are able to share ...

Do cops stop party buses on prom night?
I live in NY and my prom is next month. My friends and I are all going on a party bus and they are planning on bringing alcohol.
I am not planning on drinking so I would not want to get in ...

When riding a bike in a (Biz-zone) with no bike lane, What are the rules for safety?
I recivced a 218.00 tix for riding on the sidewalk !...

Do all cars have airbags?
Are all cars fitted with air bags in Australia? Like is there a law that says car manufacturers have to put at least one air bag in or don't they have to put any in?...

Whats the fastest car crash ever recorded?

Is it alright to leave a safety jack under a car to support it overnight?
i had to change a tire but do not have a spare tire. will it be okay to leave the jack supporting the car overnight or until noon one ish tomorrow? i put a second jack where the tire used to be so it ...

What should a driver turn his head and look at when changing lanes ?r=1240973416?

Getting cited for reckless driving will result in four points on your license?
1)Getting cited for reckless driving will result in four points on your license

A. True

B. False

AND

2)A DUI/OWI conviction stays on your record ...

I have been subpeoned as a witness to a car and lawn mower accident?
The problem is I gave a recorded statement to the person who struck the lawn mowers insurance company. The woman who was from the ins co tried to tell me that I waved the lawn mower man out in front ...

My husband also lets my 7 year old sit in the front seat of his car. We are in New Jesrsey. Is that legal?
we are in disagreement. i thought the child had to be 11 years old before they can sit in the front. i really need to know what New Jersey law is on this matter....

How many people can fit...?
on a school bus without it being a safety hazard?

Oh and if 3 people are sitting in every seat is it a safety hazard?...

Is it better to get an allignment on your vehicle before or after you buy new tires (or does it matter)?
I am do for both and was planning on getting them done very close together, and maybe even on the same day....

So Called Illegal Taxis?
Why are private for hire or ph taxi vehicles are illegal and risky ?...

How well do you think it would work for different lanes to have different speed limits?
If a freeway is 3 lanes each way, why not have the slow lane with a maximum speed of 55mph (since that's the truck max anyway) then the middle lane 65 and the fast lane 75? Any advantages or ...

Auto racing accident, that the safety equipment did its job?
Can you name a wreck or pit road accident where the safety equipment did its job? any series will do. I am thinking of Dale Jr.'s corvette crash in 2004 and maybe this past weekends wrecks at T...

Whom to petition to have speed bumps placed on road?
These retards living in this other neighborhood are constantly ignoring the stop light, speeding, and racing to "beat" those who have the right of way.

Where do I go and how do I...

California law on no parking signs! please help!?
i got a ticket in Pasadena hundson ave for over time 2hr parking limit i swear i did not see such a sign. I looked on google maps to notice there was no sign where i was parked but there was on at ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links