Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

How fast do you need to go to turn a car over?
Find answers to your legal question.

How fast do you need to go to turn a car over?

This last weekend 7 people died, here in Trinidad in two seperate road accidents. In both cases the cars flipped, several times discharging bodies and body parts on each somersault. Once person I know who saw the aftermath said he saw body parts strewn across the road. The question how fast do you have to go in a car to make it somersault 6 or 7 times?

t3h1
depends on the car, different cars have different centre of gravity making them more or less likely to flip over, also some card have more grip than others and this will be mportant when cornering fast as it will stop you from flipping over easily.

CHICANO
I agree with the bostonian.

Sierra One
I suppose it depends on what car you are driving, the speed you are travelling at and the road and weather conditions.

Rating
depends on centre of gravity , inertia , momentum

"Call me Dave"
20 is more than enough if you slam on to full lock abd brake, the number od turn depends on the shape of the vehicle

TINYTI
Rating
you dont really want to know or you might try it and that would be sad

Jess B
Rating
It depends on the center of gravity of the car and seat belts help to keep from being strewn all over the road. Some cars (like some SUVs) are top-heavy and are more likely to flip over in an overfast turn.

It's honestly less speed and more driver error. And if you want to survive a crash? Wear a seat belt.

Ryder
well in a str8 line you would have to frigging fast of course if u went say 100 then turned extremly sharply whilst pulling up da handbreak i rekon you would flip all depends on the vehicle tho

Bardic
Like the Bostonian says, there are many variables. You can do it at very low speed if you try hard enough. Seat belts will help to keep the bits in.

Dancin♥Qu33n
really fast

~*Hope I helped*~
Courtnie

nommie
Rating
i would guess at a very high speed from 70mph upwards, yet again it depends on the weight of the vehicle road conditions tyres etc.. its a case of luck really. shame about the accidents thats terrible.. hope this helps

pass_the_ammo_productions@rogers.com
Rating
75-100 miles per hour usually (from what i hear on the news). But each car is different.

fluxpattern®
Rating
depends on vehicle, wheelbase and width of axle, then we go into the tyre depth, drive system and the terrain, generally though I would say a Swedish flik` at 60 or 70 mph in a van or something rear wheel drive will bring the back end out enough to accomplish your question.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is more dangerous for kids 4-wheelers or dirt bikes?

Concerned for my life .?
I'm a moyorcycle driver. On the street these days, people sometimes act like you are not there . Is this out of rudeness or has our society lowering the price of life at many levels ? I always ...

Do you have any advice for driving in icy / snowy conditions?

Why don't taxi drivers and Bus drivers ware seat belts?

Driving test- what happens when you give right of way but the other person doesn't go?
This happened in my test today. The other car had right of way, no question, but they stopped and did not move for what felt like an eternity until I finally decided to go.

It's ...

Can you settle this debate? My bf says all cars have the same "width wheel on axel" for safety..I disagree.
How can the Hummer have the same width "wheel on axel" as say a Liberty...??...

Turning left over a double yellow line. causing a car accident? who is at fault?
if the car in front of you is making a left hand turn over a solid double yellow line. also while crossing that double yellow line they cross turning lanes going the opposite way. are they at fault ...

Why are truckers so weird?
I have been literally chased and harrassed by these guys on the freeway. Sometimes to the point where I have to go 90 mph or more to get away from them and have sometimes almost had to call the cops....

Are men more likely to show off (especially when driving)?
Is this true?...

Am I good to drive today?
Hi everyone, sorry if this seems silly or paranoid, but I was drinking last night (one glass of rose and 4 vodka shots) and was wondering if I'm safe to drive today? I'm a first time driver ...

Seat belts - who's in trouble?
If a driver/owner of a car uses his/her seatbelt and a passenger in the back seat does not use a seatbelt, who's in trouble if stopped by police - the driver/owner?, the back seat passenger?, or ...

Can i train to be a vihicle machanic without a driver`s licence?

Best advice for staying alert on a long drive?
I have to drive for a total of 8 hours. What's the best advice for staying awake? My only planned break is midway through; and I can't take a longer break as there is a storm coming, and I...

Who is dumber - the person driving without headlights in a snow storm or?
Who is dumber - the person driving without headlights in a snow storm or the person with their headlights on, but they are useless because the driver did not clear the snow off of them?...

Do you think it's safe to fly five years after 9/11? (Inside the US)?

Additional Details
I'm meaning 9/11/06, that exact date....

Can a windshield shatter all on its own, if yes why?
we washed the pickup earlier in the day, then it rained, after the rain we went for a spin, after that we went back home and parked the vehicle, while we are sitting in the house about 15 minutes ...

Car hit from behind...?
i was driving home,i went thru the plaza for shortcut, sum guy was coming out of the fastfood parkin space to my right, and it seemed like he wanted to go first but i went in front of him, so as i ...

To those who don't turn on your headlights?
Despite the fact that it's 11 a.m., it's a little dark and dreary out and starting to rain(here in PA it's the law that you must turn your headlights on when you have your wipers on). ...

While driving, is it bad to listen to music using headphones/earphones?
Instead of the radio. For instance, if I'm on a long trip, I can listen to my mp3 player and (unlike radio) I know and like all the songs, and (unlike cds) I have a lot of music so I don't ...

Right of way Rule in a 4 way stop. who has the right of way, car going straight or turning left?
Scenario is: two cars car A and car B come at the same time making a right angle.
one car,car A is going from SOUTH to WEST making a left turn AND car B is going straight from WEST to EAST. Who ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links