Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

How many people can be in a car when you first get your liscense?
Find answers to your legal question.

How many people can be in a car when you first get your liscense?

Some people are telling me i can only have 1 friend and 1 family member, like saying i have two friends but no family members, Is this okay?
Additional Details
It is in TX

Friendly Stranger..
It does depend on the state but for most states this is the following rule:

While driving, learner's permit holders must be accompanied by a qualified supervising driver who is 21 years or older, and has held a license for a minimum of 3 years. The person must be seated beside the new driver at all times, with no other front seat occupants.

dapmmp3242001
Rating
It depends on the state but for most states this is the following rule:

While driving, learner's permit holders must be accompanied by a qualified supervising driver who is 21 years or older, and has held a license for a minimum of 3 years. The person must be seated beside the new driver at all times, with no other front seat occupants.

east_coast_trik06
I agree with Rob. State has a lot to do it. I know in NC it is 1 friend or as many IMMEDIATE family members as you want, such as mom, dad, brothers and sisters.

NC
Be safe and plan to live long and you should not be the reason for ultra short life of your friends. So in the beginning drive alone, do not use cell phone while driving and do not drink and drive.

jared t
i too have a provisional and no you can only drive with 1 friend + any amount of family. if ony friend is over 21 you can drive as many friends as you want

Rob
Rating
Might want to mention state, as that can make a lot of difference. Plus I know at least in TN is labeled pretty clearly in the book.

Locksmith
Rating
remember-that's 283 passengers, plus the driver

John B
Rating
leraner driver and one person only and that person must have a full driving liscense

purplebell
Rating
best bet ring ur local police station if u get the answer from them then stick with that. That way if you are pulled over & have gone with what the police told u. tell them that. Get the officers name that gives the info on how many u can have that way if u get in trouble u can give the name of the officer who gave u the info.

.Tha QueeN.
Rating
283 passengers to be exact :-) good luck

a d
dont drive like a maniac. dont drive late at night .and dont wreak. do you think you could handle that? i dont know the law but i do know if if you dont get pulled over for somthing i dont think it will be an issue.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why is it against the law to drive without footwear?
Just curious about this. I was driving the kids to McDonalds and it hit me...why do we have to wear shoes when we drive?...

Do I need snow tires for the snow if I have a 4 wheel drive with all season tires?

How many drivers are at fault?
My question is actually about whether or not morality is absolute. Here's a scenario. Let's say there's a 20 car pileup on the freeway. Without further information, how many drivers ...

What have you learnt about driving from your parents i.e what to or not to do?
e.g I learnt not to drive too close to the car in front from my mum as once when approaching a roundabout the car infront slammed on their brakes and we went straight into the back. I learnt how to ...

Okay, someone must know. Why is it against the law to make a left turn into a gas station.?

Have you ever been a victim of someone else's road rage?
If so, what happened?...

Should you pick up hitchhikers?
What if it were you in need of help?...

How do u pervent getting ur pic taken by the cameras next to the street signals? ?
I'm just wondering, 'cause I don't wanna get a ticket for that, 'cause I heard their expensive....

Is it legal to drive a car with its boot open but tied down, for large loads?
on the motorway?...

Driving question?
Lets say you are riding in a neighborhood
and you come across an intersection
no stop sign or anything
and ur about to turn right
do u have to stop ?...

Can I really go 160 MPH?
My 2004 Acura RSX Type-S speedometer max is 160 MPH. Providing the car is in tune, tires inflated properly, and road conditions are straight, can the car handle going 160, if just for a few seconds?...

Is using a radar detector legal? I f so, In which of the states?

Good car for a new driver?
I need to get my 16 year old daughter a car. I want something safe and realiable and used. What is a good ...

When driving how do keep i keep the wheel straight?

What are we not allowed to take on planes now?
i hear books are banned?...

Why dont people drive with due care and attention to the situation around them when in their cars?
i am a professional driver of buses but had to give it up because of the worsening behaviour and attitudes of drivers these days is it because of the food we eat ?the intensity of our lives ?i dont ...

Is there a quota on the amount of passes a driving examiner can have?

Whats your first thought when you hear sirens?
I WORK CLOSE TO THE HOSPITAL AND THE HIGHWAY I HEAR SIRENS ALOT AND SEEMS LIKE EVERYTIME I HEAR THEM I PRAY MY FAMILY IS OK AND HOPE NO ONE ELSE GETS HURT WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT WHEN YOU HEAR A SIREN...

What will i need to do in a forklift test?

What are the common car choices of the worst drivers?
Please distinguish between worst and new.
They could be lazy or nasty, or others.
Additional Details
Have you noticed, if 2 cars out of 10 are ford, it is still true that 8 out of 10...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links