Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

If i'm at a 4 way stop and there's a bus there...?
Find answers to your legal question.

If i'm at a 4 way stop and there's a bus there...?

and i'm to the right of it, do i have to wait for the bus to load all the kids on and continue going or can i go while the kids are still getting on?

i live in Missouri if that makes a difference.

eric
If you get there before the bus, you go first. If you get there at the same time as the bus and you're on the right, you can go. But if you get there after the bus is stopped, you probably should wait, but if there's no cops around, I'll probably go if I'm going straight or turning right. If I'm turning left, which is where the bus is coming out at, I'll wait. It just makes sense that way. You can't legally go by or around a bus with their stop sign out, which is a 2 way stop sign facing both directions.

In my opinion, if the bus is stopped loading or unloading kids, the bus is not part of the traffic anymore for the stop sign, so I think it'll be okay to turn in a direction the bus is not at. If you're turning in the same direction the bus is at, you can pull into the intersection, turn your wheels to the left and stop as long you don't go passed the stop sign of the bus. After the bus puts in the stop sign, you can proceed. But actually I'll rather stay at the 4 way stop sign and not be sticking out there in the intersection.

kingofdrifters
AS long as your not going towards it or behind it you don't need to stop.

Dragonfly
If you are on the same side of the street or at a 4 way then everybody stops.
If you are on a road that is 3 or more lanes and you are on the opposite side, you do not have to stop, because the bus driver by law has to drop a child off on the other side if it is 3 or more lanes.

pitz
In NY all lanes of traffic are supposed to stop for school buses who have there stop sign out. I believe the laws are nationwide for childrens safety.

JACK
you have to wait as per Missouri Law...I checked for you

Joseph F
im not sure about Missouri but in NC,OH,and MN where I lived unless you are on a highway with a mediann you can NEVER EVER pass a stoped school bus while loading kids unless you want a nice ticket and up to 9 points on your license

Tedi
You may not pass a school bus when it is loading or unloading kids. If it is at a 4 way stop the and you both stopped at the same time the one to the right goes first except for a postal truck. The post office is alway first.

Friendly Stranger..
Rating
This is a common sense question. If the bus has its flashers out and it has released the stop sign, then all traffic no matter which way you are going must stop. That means traffic coming towards the bus, and behind it must stop. You are to wait until the bus has given you the clear to proceed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

A DUI/OWI conviction stays on your record for A. 10 years B. 25 years C. 75 years?

How can I be a more confident driver?
I'm fairly good at driving, but I start to get edgy and out of control!

I don't usually win on Wi-fi, but sometimes I can come first, but some drivers are crazy and leave banana ...

DRIVING TEST, i failed! will i ever pass it? i don't even feel i have the confidence to retake the test. help!?

What will happen when a car moving at a velocity of 50km/h and hits a stationary rigid wall??.. can this?
impact energy be absorbed and released before it gets transferred to the passenger cabin of the car by using a bumper designed with telescopic suspension at the point where the bumper is going to be ...

Is it illegal to have a passenger sleeping in the back seat without a seat belt on in California?
My wife and I recently went on a trip with some friends to California. Driving through East Riverside County. We were pulled over because my friends license plate lamp was out, which he didn't ...

Which are the most frequently asked questions on a drivers test?
Does anyone know the more frequently used questions on the computerized driving test? I get to try out for my learners in April, and i really want to get it down pat. What do i need to know? Ive ...

Rear end accidents in California?
Rear end accidents in California?
I've heard that in California, in all rear end accidents, the person from behind is always at fault. What if there are 3 cars involved, one right in front ...

I'm driving on the freeway and I'm nervous help!?
I'm taking my brother to my grandmother's this Friday. This isn't the first time I've drove on the freeway to her house, but it is the first time I've driven there with no ...

How could I make a safe driving commercial?
I have to make a commercial about safe driving for school and have absolutely NO ideas about what to do!...

PARENTS OR FRIENDS THAT HAVE HAD A TEEN DIE IN CAR ACCIDENT:?
i am doing a report on teen driving,the hazzards and some other things can you please tell me what you think?

some precautions..

and if you dont mind how do you feel when you ...

Airbag did not deploy?
I was in a bad accident recently, a roll over. I was hit from the passenger side and landed on the roof, but my air bags did not deploy. A over heard someone saying this was a default and is cause ...

My Car shut off on the freeway.?
Leaving my grandfather's house, my grandfather accidentally bumped another car's bumper while letting me out of his drive way, leaving damage only to his (grandfather's) car. I felt it ...

Advice on Hazard Perception, Driving Theory Test?
What is it and how do I pass this section?...

Who knows what is permitted overhang on a trailer in Texas?
I have a 16 ft long trailer and the lengt of the load that I need to carry is 21 ft long that is 5 ft longer than the trailer. Does anybody knows what's the maximum overhang alowed in Texas?...

Is it 4hr or 8hr traffic school course to dismiss traffic ticket in Ventura, CA?
I have received a traffic ticket in Ventura, CA State. Which course I need to do is it 4 hours or 8 hours course in order to remove traffic ticket from my driving record. And I want to complete the ...

Booster seat...........?
at what age did you stop using your booster seat or ...

What is the approximate stopping distance of 60mph?

How many people ccan be in the car with a permit in new jersey?

Giving a speech about car accidents?
What are some good topics i could use for this ...

Traction accidents, or accidents caused by loss of tractions are caused by:?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, November 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links