Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

If there is no "No U Turn" sign at a signal, is it safe to assume that a U turn IS permitted at that signal?
Find answers to your legal question.

If there is no "No U Turn" sign at a signal, is it safe to assume that a U turn IS permitted at that signal?

The Shayman
Rating
Yup.

StanS
Rating
If there is no "No U Turn" sign at a signal, is it not safe to assume that a U turn IS permitted at that signal.

It is illegal and you might be cited for it.

hunterdog57
Rating
It depends on the city. In tulsa, Ok. they finally passed a U-turn law a few years back. Now everyone thinks it's ok to do U-turns anywhere they please. The law actually states that U-turns are illegal:
On a hill.
If it becomes a 3 point turn instead of a U-turn.
At any intersection with a traffic control device, i.e. a stop light.
Since most cities have a "right turn on red after stop" law, you would not want someone making a U-turn on the cross street as you made your right hand turn.

StephB
Typically yes, although some towns/cities have odd laws. I would assume it would be ok and do it if need be.

kyle
Rating
Yes, unless it's local law not to perform U-turns

Where I lived in Florida, it is illeagel to perform any u-turn if it interferres with any traffic, even if a sign isn't posted. That means if you make traffic stop behind you because your stupid *** wants to take a short cut, then it's a ticket. Or if your stupid *** makes a u-turn which causes the on coming traffic to slow down cause you pulled out in front of them; it's illeagel. However, if you made a U-turn without interferring with any other traffic, then it was perfectly legal.

Bella
wate what? Don't confuse me!

*micheLLe*
Rating
yes..:D

Lover not a Fighter
NO !!

U turns are NEVER allowed at intersections. NEVER.

Those signs are their just as reminder - because they are particularly busy and dangerous intersections.

Good Luck...

UCANTCME
If there is no U-Turn sign present then you can make this turn however doing so will put you and others at risk and what ever happens will be completely your fault.....

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Dump the driver?
my wife took her driving test a few weeks back and about 10 minutes into the test the driver terminated the test because he thought she was a dangerous driver because she took a right turn and a bus ...

I have a 7 year old son can he ride in front seat of small truck with seat belts?

Who has the right of way on a green light?
If the light is green both ways, and there is a person turning right from one direction and a person turning left from the other direction, who has the right of way? They are turning onto a two-lane ...

Why do we have red, amber and green on traffic lights and not any other colours?

I am unable to learn how to drive a car because I am too fat.?
(I am 5'3 and weigh 550). I live with my parents and I cannot learn to drive on either of their cars because I cannot fit behind the wheel in the drivers seat. Does anyone know of any cars that I...

How old do i have to be to drive by myself?
Ok if you get your license at 16 can you drive by yourself or does an adult have to be with you?
Additional Details
I'm from Illinois. I'm actually 17 and i don't have my ...

Why does India have lot less auto accidents than U.S even though many do not follow the traffic rules in India?
There were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005. The financial cost of these crashes is more than 230 Billion dollars. 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed....

How old do u have to be to drive a small tractor?

What will happen if i get run over by a lorry at 40mph?
will i get squashed? is there a possible chance that i will die?...

Why aren't school buses required to have seat belts?
Recently there have been many incidents of buses crashing or rolling over and reports of children rolling around inside the buses like rag dolls. Also, the recent crash in Atlanta, killing several ...

If you encounter a vehicle headed the wrong way on a one-way street, you should?
A)slow, steer left, and sound you horn
B) slow, steer right and sound your horn
C) stop on shoulder of the ...

What question did you get wrong when taking your driving liscence test?
I'm getting my driving liscence soon and I'd like to know what question did you get wrong and what did you put and wat was the right answer....

Do you have to pay even if the taxi gets into an accident?
like not a "crash"- just a swerving on the road then crashing into snow type of accident- then being stuck in snow until another taxi comes to give you a ...

Whats the best way to get in a roll-over accident?

Why do people have to tailgate? What do they think they are going to accomplish other than causing a wreck ?

I ran a stop sign and someone wrote down my license plate number.?
last night me and some friends went to see a movie, afterwards we went out to taco bell in my car. on the way back to the theater parking lot, we came the back way to avoid traffic. i pulled onto a ...

2 Motorbike accidents, still want to ride?
I had 2 motorbike accidents in a 3 month period. Both times wasn't my fault! Ive broken my hip and knee and my ankle and they had to reconstruct my wrist! My parents got 10 years older in that ...

What have you learned, good or bad, from your parents about driving a car?
Apparently most young drivers pick up their parents' bad driving habits, especially if they teach them to drive....

Is it against the law to sell a used car that cannot pass state inspection?
i bought the car from a dealership that sells used cars, and i was wondering if it is legal to sell a car like that?
Additional Details
i stay in louisiana and the lemon law includes &...

Road questions?
english call them roundabouts - what do americans call them?
Americans call them intersections - what do the english call them?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, April 17, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links