Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

In what year were computers installed in vehicles?
Find answers to your legal question.

In what year were computers installed in vehicles?

NONAME
Rating
It was closer to the early 80's. EMC computers were first mounted under the hood near the engine. This caused many failures from heat making the computers malfunction. They were later moved inside the car, normally on the passenger side under the dash or the right kick panel.

The 70's had a few on non US built cars, and the 80's in most production American Cars. Most started in California and states with strict Emission Control laws.

Frankie Coletta
Rating
That's easy. 1981.

kelly_f_1999
started in the 70's

UCANTCME
Computers known as (ECM) started in 1980 1/2 on vehicles.

Nathan
Rating
an engine control module in the 70's. big bulky looking jobbers. now there's a module for every door, every component, the '09's can have upwards of 50 modules. ask gm about the tahoe 2-mode hybrid, how many modules does it have?!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it OK to leave aerosol-can windshield de-icer in my car during the winter?
I know the can isn't supposed to be exposed to heat above 120 degrees and so it's probably stupid to leave it in one's car during the summer. But I live in Minnesota and want to leave ...

A parking ticket that leads to a bigger question...?
I got a ticket for cross parking and i thought it was stupid but that is beside the point...but it was for 15 dollars and i thought i might just blow it off, until i read somewhere that i cannot re-...

Are there speed limits in switzerland?
sources please!...

A Drivers Ed Question?
I have my driver's ed test tomorrow. My mom won't let me on the road with my girlfriend however unless I score perfectly on the written exam (the part she can have proof on).

C...

Clarify the four way stop rules...?
If 4different cars stop at a 4 way stop at the exact same time how do you determine who goes first?
Additional Details
Actually none of you are right except for whoever said the one on ...

What are texas DPS approved curriculums?
In the Parent Taught Program packet, at the top it asked the curriculum used. Can one of those be Concurrent Program?
Or is that a different thing?...

Will leaving your car engine on while pumping gas start a fire?
How can the military do it? Jets and helicopters can fill up while they are running. My dad is a blackhawk pilot and he fills up on ground...with the engine on! No different than a ...

I live in hawaii and got a speeding ticket for going 83 in a 55?
i looked up the fines and penatly online...can any1 tell me if they have had this kind of ticket before and what happened to their case? thank you
(A) A fine of not less than $500 and not more ...

In your state, what does your vision have to be to?
Where you live, what does your vision have to be to get your driver's learner's permit/license? 20/30? T...

Have a question about this car seat Evenflo Chase Booster Car Seat, Abby?
i want to get this car seat for my daughter but i want her in a 5 point harness for a long time but this says it only goes up to 40 pounds. http://www.walmart.com/c last time i ...

Whats the worst car crash you have been in?
i have recently been in a car crash. whats the wors car crash and what happend?...

Has anyone lost a family member due to Aggressive/Reckless Driver or Roof Crush/Seatbelt Failure in a Rollover?

Additional Details
Gathering statistics for my son's memorial website. Also in the works of a website advocating against the above and would like to know if others would like ...

Traffic Ticket - following to close?
My daughter got pulled over the other day and the cop wrote her a ticket for following to close to the car in front of her. I have heard of people getting tickets like this after getting into an ...

Preparation for driving test?
i'm supposed to be taking my driving test on the 14th of January. and i would REALLY like to know what exactly i should focus on for the test. i want to do good because it's my first time ...

Parallel parking on georgia driving test ?
do they care how you do....because i took drivers ed and my instructor taught me to back up near the curb and stop.then you turn your wheel to the right and put your car in drive and go.stop.then ...

Is it legal to set up trap in your car?
Is it legal to set up trap in your car, and when car detect its not the owner in the car weapons (poison gas or mechanical knife) will activate and kill the car thief.

Its totally ...

Seat belt question..?
My friend recently got in a car accident, hes in Icu right now.. A semi hit them while they were entering a bypass.. he was the only one who survived. They said that not wearing his seatbelt saved ...

BOYFRIEND WAS JUST IN A CAR ACCIDENT need to know what to do!!!! plz anyone answer this?
my boyfriend and three of his friends were driving to a soccer party when a giant truck slipped on a big patch of black ice. the truck swirved and caused four cars to colide. it was a huge car ...

More dangerous to drive drunk or high?
Which would worry you more, someone driving at .10 or soon after taking several hits of high-grade marijuana?

If you are considering contributing an answer along the lines of 'both ...

Written drivers test!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@...
DRIVING TEST!!!!!! EASY 10?
Driving Test!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 points?
hello............im having trouble passing the written exam because is so confusing and i don like studying so WHERE CAN I GET...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, November 27, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links