Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Is it illegal to drive in bald feet, or must you wear shoes and socklets?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it illegal to drive in bald feet, or must you wear shoes and socklets?

Vince M
And I have NEVER worn socklets in my entire life.

In California, it is NOTagainst the law to drive without shoes.

kevin friend
ive never shaved my feet but they are never hairy anyway so you can drive with bald feet but they must be in shoes, i think maybe you mean bare feet eh, in which case you are not permitted to in the uk

Bardic
Rating
Never shave your footlets.

logicalgal
Read this section under "Myths" near the bottom of the article........in the link posted below

kir kir
It's not illegal but if you had an accident then you may be charged with dangerous driving, as it's not possible to do a good emergency brake with no shoes on cos you'd break your feet!

hotdogseeksbun
Rating
Yew believe it or not in some states it is illegal to drive barefooted.

dirtytricksracing@sbcglobal.net
Most states it is illegal, I do not have to worry I am driving with my hoofs

chevvyl
Yep, and if in an accident you will be taken to the funny farm.

Sarah E
Rating
I have nothing to add to the Wikipedia link except to say that my car was hit by a new driver wearing sandals - the sandal footpad caught under the brake pedal and she was unable to stop. It was an expensive mistake. I've driven barefoot and in socks, but not for any significant distance . It gives you better feedback than air-cushioned soles but it's more tiring.

Johnie 13
Rating
In Texas it is illegal to drive barefoot.

kelly_f_1999
Rating
they been saying it ... is but really ive been driving bare footed for over 30 yrs and have not had any problems... but if your car breaks down you have to walk....

UCANTCME
Rating
No it is illegal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Not as safe but legal

Alabama:
Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted. Exception: motorcycle rider.

Ohio:
Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted but not recommended.

California:
Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is not prohibited.

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware,Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming:

Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted.

http://tafkac.org/legal/driving.barefoot/driving_barefoot.html

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

At what minimum speed can an automobile's cruise control be activated?

Smoking at the gas pump???
Is there any possible way to start a fire smoking a cig at a gas pump? Just with the cig? Or sparks from when someone flicks the butt?

I was at the station and a kid was puffing away... I ...

What do you think all women should know about maintenance on their cars?
I have to put together a PowerPoint on "what women should know about maintenance on cars" and I was wondering wht other people felt is necessary. So please tell or give sites ln what you ...

Why do i only have to use one foot when driving?
Ok i am going to turn 16 in like 1 month and when i go back to the states i am getting my license. So my question is why do i have to use only one foot when driving an automatic? will it cause an ...

Car accident, how should I deal with this?
The girl that hit us is at fault. She hired a lawyer, avoid all our calls, we're waiting for the police report. I believe that the officer would put her at fault. Should I still hire a lawyer? I&...

How can I avoid making this driving mistake again?
Today I was parked and there was an empty spot in front of me with cars on either side so I pulled up to get out of the parking lot. But I turned and hit the car to the right's tail light. I ...

Why are Asian car makers better than north American Car makers?

Is side airbag important in a car?
im looking for my first car. i like the matrix a lot but the thing is it doesnt come standard with side airbag i can only buy ...

What is a car company that is noted for its safety?

What about driving and applying makeup?
I know everyone complains about people driving and cell phones, which I consider dangerous. But what about those women who put on make up. I was almost ran over by a woman putting MASCARA on. I was ...

Why do alot of people?
eat in there car?I never did never ...

How do you tell your parents you were invoved in a crash?
How do you tell your parents you were cycling along and a car came out of nowhere and you accidentally hit it, causing damage. When the driver then gets out and starts swearing at you. Who would be ...

How can we avoid a cooking gas delivery boy dropping a filled cylinder from the truck?
This happens every where in public palces posing a serious hazard....

How do I govern my daughters car so it will only go 70MPH?
She is driving a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix....

The opposite of safe?

Danica Patrick caught speeding, and pays fine. Awww Come on, give her a break. Your thoughts?
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP)—Danica Patrick paid a $196 fine to settle a speeding ticket after the star race car driver was caught going 54 mph in a 35 mph zone last month.

Patrick, the first ...

I'd just taken a behind the wheel test...?
The examiner was very impolite. While I was taking a drive test, she wasn't pay very much attention to my driving just kept chewing her tootsie candy and left package inside my car!She hardly ...

Do cars have to stop at a crossing
I started walking across the road and the man in the car shouted moron to me. His car couldn't go anywhere because the cars after me were waiting to go round a round about. If I wasn't ...

If small children have to be in car seats or wear seat belts, why dont schoolbuses have seatbelts?

Are you allowed (legally) to put letters on cars....?
underneath the windscreen wiper - or is it open to accusations of damage to cars? The reason I am asking is that a local resident / vigilante by our local school, keeps putting letters on the cars, ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links