Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Is it illegal to drive with one headlight on?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it illegal to drive with one headlight on?

Additional Details
It was wrecked and i cannot replace it without getting body fixed.. which is alot more money. :((

john c
In all fifty states.

big bad momma
Rating
YES, YOU'LL GET A TICKET

viccar
Rating
of course

lcayote
Rating
YES YES!!!!!!!

PICKLES
Rating
Yes, because you vehicle is not in good working order. To oncoming traffic you would look like a motorbike

mgfizzle
Rating
well my mother had a problem exacly like urs a cop pulled my mom over and she got introuble for that just got get it worked on believe me

Lucy_Fir
Indeed it is. It's cheaper to get it fixed than it is to pay for a ticket.

blueyes2001
Rating
Yes, I would get it fixed ASAP..it can get you a ticket in a heartbeat.

monster_monte
Rating
Why would you?

Kainoa
Yes, because the two headlights define the width of your car allowing oncoming drivers to pass you safely.

waplambadoobatawhopbamboo
Rating
if the motorcycle has one headlight then you're fine

If the car was factory made with one headlight, you're fine. For example, it is legal to drive these cars (picture below) with one headlight on.

Russian military vehicles like the Gaz were assembled with one headlight due to material shortages, so if you have one of those, it's legal to drive with one headlight on.

bugsbunnylookalike2001
Rating
Yes!

Homeboy 4rom da block
yes

Rosesharon
Rating
Yes- you will get pulled over for it and issued a warning. You'll have a period of time to get it fixed and if you don't and get pulled over a second time, you'll get a ticket. It's not worth it, get it replaced.

Sue F
Rating
Illegal and you will be ticketed. It is very dangerous to oncoming drivers, as they will be unable to see where your vehicle is in relation to theirs. A car with one headlight looks like a motorcycle. Get it repaired or replaced immediately.

dodge man
Rating
yes you can get a ticket for improper equipment,,and you either pay it,,or get it repaired,,and if you go to court they always dismiss the majority of them,, i have had a bunch of them,,they don't count against you as points on your license,,but after the third one they wont dismiss them any more,,i think 3 in one year is all your allowed to get dismissed,,good luck,,i hope this help,s.

Bluealt
Yes, it's illegal to drive with only one headlight. You'll get stopped and get a ticket. It's cheaper to go and get the headlight lamp replaced.

Lemons
Yep!

kar_summers
Yes it is. It is an equipment violation and you will have to fix it before you can pay the ticket. Non-moving violation, no points.

anwar_digi
Illegal and you will be ticketed. It is very dangerous to oncoming drivers, as they will be unable to see where your vehicle is in relation to theirs. A car with one headlight looks like a motorcycle. Get it repaired or replaced immediately.
Yes- you will get pulled over for it and issued a warning. You'll have a period of time to get it fixed and if you don't and get pulled over a second time, you'll get a ticket. It's not worth it, get it replaced.

WHAT IS THE HIGHEST PAY FOR IT WHETHER YOU LOOSE YOUR LIVE OR GET IT FIX!!!

Hot Belfast
I think so

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

My wife and I are expecting triplets and need to know if three car seats fit into the back seat of a SUV truck

Turning right in USA when traffic lights on red (UK asking)?
My son as moved to the USA and was saying you can still turn right at a red traffic light, please explain. (i live in UK is dad)

If you are at a cross-roads wouldn't turning right be ...

Why don't people use their turn signals...do they think they own the roads?

Do you drive the speed limit?

I have been told that it is an offence to reverse a car out of a drive onto a main road is this true?

People say women are less likely to crash cars, SHOW ME THE PROOF!?
Please for UK drivers ...

Why don't all school busses have seatbelts? Can't they see how it could save lives?
I get so mad when I see that kids have died when their bus flipped over that I want to see someone get sued for damages but who do you deal with? Who's fault is it? The school's?...

What fine will i get for speeding by 23 mile on a 70 mile per hour road?

Number one reason for drunk driving?
What is the number one reason people use for why they drove drunk....

Just what was the "Baby On Board" sign for? Did it help us decide which car not to hit in case of an accident?

Car stickers!!!!!!?
Don't know where I should have asked this, cars or parenting but hopefully I'll get less abuse here. Just want to know if anyone else hates the stupid stickers in cars which started off as ...

B4 i have a crash in my car pl help.i keep stalling wen stoppin its somethin im doing/or not doin with my feet
everytime i stop my car stalls i think its me doing someting wrong with the clutch and breaks.i feel like screaming all the time.i fear im going to have an accident!please tell me the right way to ...

Since it is slow inconsiderate drivers that hog the middle lane that cause other road users to get aggitated..
should they not be the ones that are targeted and enforced to drive properly?
Additional Details
as at the moment I think the general consensus is that nothing is done to stop their ...

Warning about Xmas drink-driving?
PLEASE DO NOT DO IT.
Not even a glass of wine.... if you know you're driving on the day.... Zero Option. The Police WILL be out there. If you are within a mile of relatives or friends... WAL...

If there was no one on the highway and you knew you would not get caught or crash, would you go 160MPH?

Why do people treat cyclists with no respect?
Today I cycled about one mile in Wembley just to get back to the station and while on the road a car driving in the other direction sounded its horn malicously for no reason at all (this has happened ...

If you saw people hurt in a car wreck would you stop or go on?

Driving What pi*ses you off?
Why do people drive on the outside lane of a duel carriegeway at 30 mph just because they want to turn right 3 miles down the road and why is it someone will pull out in front of you then travell at ...

What's that thing called in the parking structure where when you pay, it rises up and you're allowed to go???
I can't think of the name, but it's that long wooden thing that rises allowing you to proceed....

Should the elderly be forced to take drivers tests again after the age of 50?

Additional Details
Ok sorry about the 50 thing, Hope I'm not that crabby at 50....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links