Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Is it illegal to remove the doors on a truck in North Carolina and drive around with them off?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it illegal to remove the doors on a truck in North Carolina and drive around with them off?

yes_its_me
It would be legal in most states if you had a seat belt on, a side mirror that was not attached to the door you removed. It would be no different than early Jeeps with no side doors.

wofford1257
no its not look at jeeps

Spaghetti MY
not if you need to go really badly !!!

Jay
Rating
On public roads, you are required to have doors. There are exceptions for certain types of equipment (package trucks, construction equipment). However, if this is a pickup and you're a regular citizen, you have to have doors on public roads.

Uncle Red
Doors do nothing but keep the bugs and burgulars out. Take 'em off man. Jeeps are allowed to do it, I don't see why just because you have the doors you need to have them on....

Just one thing......Fasten you seat belt...and hang on... :-)

lookin_for_my_thong_panties
Rating
and what is your point in doing this? do you have a death wish for yourself?

momwithabat
while Jeeps are made to remove the doors and it's acceptable to do so while driving, I think you would not be legal doing the same in a truck.

A Jeep has reinforcement in the frame to allow door removal. A regular truck does not. It's not made to drive without the doors.

If you want the right answer, contact your sherriff's department and ask them. I'm sure they can find out for you.

Puglovinlady
Rating
No. I live in NC and a good friend of mine had a jeep without the doors on it. It was pretty sweet. And it was legal. His dad was sherriff too so I think he would definately obey the law.

the_skipper_also
Why would you want to do that? I don't know if it's illegal, but it wouldn't be very smart to make hard right turns if you do.

mmw
Rating
OMG, why would you want to do that?

CctbOh
Rating
I think it's illegal in all states plus it's unsafe.

rebel g
Rating
That would be illegal anywhere. HUGE safety issues.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If wishes are horses and a fairy dies everytime you sneeze...?
Then what on earth happens to pixies when you take a dump?...

Does anyone know the proper way to hold the steering wheel for a New York State road test?
I have to take this test on Friday, I drive good but how should I hold my hands on the wheel, also when I turn left or right for the test should it be hand over hand or ...

Is it only in the U.S or is it universal where people dont want to stop for ambulances?
I know in the U.S. from experience majority of drivers dont pull over and some even get mad because they have to slow down for an ambulance.
Additional Details
To Pumkin Pie, I like to ...

If you are paralysed say from a car crash can you still speak?
I'm writing a short story to do with a car crash ward at a Hospital. And i need one person who can not move but talk....

Raising the driving age to 18 what will this bring ?
do you think this will do any good ? because what is funny is in Germany they have just lowered the age to 17 for the same reasons , who is right here ?...

Why dont drivers use their BRIGHT LIGHTS on the sark highways(usa roads)?
is it against the law?if you cant use the bright lights,what is the use to have them on cars?
Additional Details
dark not sark ...

What's the benefits of having anti-lock brakes? can you please explain in details?
and I'm 18 driving about a year and an half now, do you think you think i need it?...

When do you think a person should get a car?
i wanna get a car when i turn 16. do you think that is a good age? and also, what is a safe car and also looks nice in your opinion?...

The parking of vehicles on footpaths?
is this illegal & can anyone be forced to take ...

How do you sneak out with an alarm system?
mhm you should definetly help us :]...

Do you put the car in neutral if you are stopping on ice?

Do you think speed camera cause or prevent accident?

How fast is too fast? When to back off?
The SCENARIO;

Interstate OR Trans Canada Highway
No traffic
No cops
Perfect weather
Straight road
Open speed limit
No passengers

At what speed ...

How does the number of passengers in your car increase your risk of getting into an accident?

Is it now time for the whole world to change over to driving on the left?
Science shows it would prevent millions of accidents.

When changing gear in a UK car with the steering wheel on the right, your left hand changes gear and your right hand stays on the ...

Is it true?
that you can't let your kids ride in the front seat of a vehicle in michigan?
Additional Details
well i know the laws here i live in missouri and my grandpa lives in michigan and ...

Why do people put stuffed animals on the front of their trucks?
I've seen so many trucks with stuff animals in the front and never understood why drivers did that. Just curious....

Why doesn't our public busses have seat belts?

Why does road accident happen even if we are driving correctly as per rules?

Failed 1st driving test, my examiners were really annoying!! Should I change driving instructor?
Ok, so there were these 2 examiners (we have 2 examiners in southern europe where I am from) sitting at the back seat and making me feel so insecure, I was already panicking by the time they told me ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links