Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Is it legal to drive a car that's missing the driver's side rearview mirror?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it legal to drive a car that's missing the driver's side rearview mirror?

Is it legal to drive a car that's missing the driver's side rearview mirror? Like if the mirror got broken off?

dirtytricksracing@sbcglobal.net
Rating
The left side mirror is mandatory as well as the windshield one.

PurplePalooza
Rating
I'd think you would want to get it fixed. I don't know if it's exactly illegal, but you would probably get pulled over for it.

peter g
Not only is it illegal, its silly as well.

ramos117
yes. it's one of the most important parts of a safe car. i reccomend you get that fixed asap.

Knarf
Yes!

Mr Haun
I think many juristictions would issue you a "fix a ticket", a small fee and or short term requirement forcing you to fix it. Mirror is a MAJOR safety detail

Definately not the best recipe to be rolling around with illegal stuff on ya il say that much.

me
no its illegal

but not if you don't get caught

Starman
I believe that U.S. federal law mandates that you must have a driver's side rear view mirror. You didn't state where you live. This is an international website so telling where you are it very important for some questions.

perth2clarky
Rating
it is illegal to drive this vehicle till it has been fixed.

Yoshi
Rating
No, driving without one of the mirrors is completely illegal.

UCANTCME
Yes and No...................it depends on where you live for example in Texas you only need the rear-view mirror to drive and you dont need either the right or left side mirrors, best to call your department of motor vehicles office and ask or even the police department.

Derek S
Rating
No, it's illegal.

Diana V
Rating
No just as long as you have the mirror in the middle of the windshield .... and if it is the opposite and the mirror on the windshield is broken then the same goes it is ok just as long as you have both side mirrors such as one on each side ... I hope this helps you please let me know ...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is a parking ticket still legal if the location of where the vehicle is parked is not filled in correctly?
eg. vehicle parked on high street in portsmouth, location on parking ticket us "high street, ports"...

If people had rubber bumpers on their cars would therte be less accidents??
i wonder...hmm???...

If everyone followed all the rules of the road, would there still be car accidents?

What do you think about cell phones while driving?

What are the risks of drinking alcohol?

WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??...
WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??...
oK so, here's the deal. I just bought myself a brand new car! A MERCEDES! Its gorgeous. But I was drivng my cat to its weekly "im not ...

Does usage of cell phones cause explosion in petrol pumps?

Why do people take their kids out of a car on the roadside??

I know road head is illegal but what laws are you violating and what are the consiquences.?

Should you use your blinker if there's no one in front or behind you?
My husband and I have this issue everytime there's no one around. He believes that I should use my blinker even though it can be 2 a.m. with no one on the road. I don't see the point. A ...

Should seat belts be on school buses ?
my friend at work says no its safer to let kids tumble during a crash. when belted seats will bust lose and tumble with kids. also brad stated tests show its safer to not be buckled. i strongly ...

Can America handle a higher Speed Limit ???
Being that most of us drive at or about 80mph on the freeway, should that be the national speed limit? why or why not?

Texas is the first. Do you think other states will follow?...

How fast do you need to go to turn a car over?
This last weekend 7 people died, here in Trinidad in two seperate road accidents. In both cases the cars flipped, several times discharging bodies and body parts on each somersault. Once person I ...

Why cant children drive? its not fair that you have to be 16 to drive with someone else in the car?

Is it safe to have two different model tires on the front or rear of your car ?

Are you legally required to stop at stop signs if you are riding a bike?

Marijuana use while driving is dangerous primarily because it causes?
(a) a rapid heart beat
(b) short term memory loss
(c) distortion of speed and distance perception
which one is it?...

Have you ever had Road Rage?
If so please explain your enconter and tell me what you did....

I had a car accident in the parking lot. My car was parked within a marked diagonal lines accordingly, and?
this woman (in her 50's) was too lazy to park it properly. She parked like a parallel on the right side of my car. When I backed my car and did not see her left rear bumper crossed my zone, my ...

Friend witnessed an accident, think he will need help ?
Standing outside building this afternoon with friend when i nipped to shop. On returning saw ambulance and police, a car had pulled into a MOT garage and crushed the legs of a person. This was seen ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links