Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Is it legal to only have a driver's side mirror?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it legal to only have a driver's side mirror?

Additional Details
I live in Washington State

dodge man
Rating
yes it is,your only required to have the rear view mirror and one side mirror in most states,but check your local laws on this also,good luck on it.

Fred C
Rating
Assuming you have sight in both eyes, yes. Smart? Well, that is another story. Without a passenger side exterior mirror, you have a HUGE blind spot on that side. I have been driving for 42 years, and only had one car without a passenger side mirror. I put one on the 2nd day I owned it.

frank m
No. You must have a rear view mirror and a drivers side mirror. If you do not have a rear view mirror you must have both a right side view mirror and a left side view mirror. You must have two mirrors, one of which must be a left side rear view mirror.

Josh
Rating
I know the law here in michigan is "2 total mirrors" that can be a combination of both side mirrors, or 1 side mirror, and the rear-view mirror.

gearnofear
Rating
Depending on the age of the car, Yes. many cars prior to the mid 70's only had a rear view and drivers side mirror. In fact up until 1966, drivers side mirrors where an option on just about every car.

wvparanormal
As long as there is a back window and a windshield mounted rearview mirror, it is leagal to only have a drivers side exterior rearview mirror. If the passenger side mirror is broken, but still on the vehicle, it must be removed completely to be legal.

OldGringo
Rating
It depends on the state, what, no in the car rear view mirror?

rotorhead
My 66vette only came with a drivers side mirror.

Tom B
Rating
what yr, make, model, or did you just git a ticket for not having a rt on your peterbuilt

cas_marti
Rating
In IN yes.

jeepsarecool
I don't have side mirrors on my Jeep. never had any problems. I think laws vary in different states.

Sako Tiberious
Rating
Yes. Many cars I have owned only had one on the drivers side. Passenger side mirror is useless anyway.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Does any one knows the answer to this questions?
1) Two general points to remember for recovering from skids are: keep your eyes pointed in the direction you want to go and you will automatically steer there, and…………….

do not ...

Words of wisdom anyone?
I crashed(nothing major) my car yesterday after heading into a turn too fast. It was a beautiful car that i loved and now i put a dent in it.

I cant help feeling like im an idiot.

If wishes are horses and a fairy dies everytime you sneeze...?
Then what on earth happens to pixies when you take a dump?...

Does anyone know the proper way to hold the steering wheel for a New York State road test?
I have to take this test on Friday, I drive good but how should I hold my hands on the wheel, also when I turn left or right for the test should it be hand over hand or ...

Is it only in the U.S or is it universal where people dont want to stop for ambulances?
I know in the U.S. from experience majority of drivers dont pull over and some even get mad because they have to slow down for an ambulance.
Additional Details
To Pumkin Pie, I like to ...

If you are paralysed say from a car crash can you still speak?
I'm writing a short story to do with a car crash ward at a Hospital. And i need one person who can not move but talk....

Raising the driving age to 18 what will this bring ?
do you think this will do any good ? because what is funny is in Germany they have just lowered the age to 17 for the same reasons , who is right here ?...

Why dont drivers use their BRIGHT LIGHTS on the sark highways(usa roads)?
is it against the law?if you cant use the bright lights,what is the use to have them on cars?
Additional Details
dark not sark ...

What's the benefits of having anti-lock brakes? can you please explain in details?
and I'm 18 driving about a year and an half now, do you think you think i need it?...

When do you think a person should get a car?
i wanna get a car when i turn 16. do you think that is a good age? and also, what is a safe car and also looks nice in your opinion?...

The parking of vehicles on footpaths?
is this illegal & can anyone be forced to take ...

How do you sneak out with an alarm system?
mhm you should definetly help us :]...

Do you put the car in neutral if you are stopping on ice?

Do you think speed camera cause or prevent accident?

How fast is too fast? When to back off?
The SCENARIO;

Interstate OR Trans Canada Highway
No traffic
No cops
Perfect weather
Straight road
Open speed limit
No passengers

At what speed ...

How does the number of passengers in your car increase your risk of getting into an accident?

Is it now time for the whole world to change over to driving on the left?
Science shows it would prevent millions of accidents.

When changing gear in a UK car with the steering wheel on the right, your left hand changes gear and your right hand stays on the ...

Is it true?
that you can't let your kids ride in the front seat of a vehicle in michigan?
Additional Details
well i know the laws here i live in missouri and my grandpa lives in michigan and ...

Why do people put stuffed animals on the front of their trucks?
I've seen so many trucks with stuff animals in the front and never understood why drivers did that. Just curious....

Why doesn't our public busses have seat belts?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links