Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Is it possible for someone to cut one of your brake lines?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it possible for someone to cut one of your brake lines?

my car is leaking a clear oily like fluid by the front tire. I am still able to drive, what else could it be??

skyguy
Get it fixed, you probably still have brake fluid left but, that is more than likely what it is, it will run out! May be loose! I hope no one would wat nt to do that to you, it is possible to just loosen it!

tonevault
It might be brake fluid, but if you lose a lot of brake fluid, your BRAKES WON'T WORK! I mean, you won't be able to stop.....and it is not a good feeling!

Go get this checked out before somebody gets hurt!

And yes, it IS possible for somebody to cut your brake line.....Somebody did it to me once, and I couldn't stop.

Thomas S
Yes it is possible, do you have enemies? If it is by the front tire it may be the flexable line leaking. That goes from your brake cylinder to the frame. It may be the wheel cylinder itself. Check your the little tank above your master cylinder to see if that is low on fluid. Your owners manual will tell you how to do that. Power steering fluid is also clear. If you still drive the car the hole has to be small. Thomas S.

svthech
Rating
If you suspect that brake fluid leaking, have your car towed to the service station, once the brake fluid will leak out, you won't have any brakes. The same goes for power steering fluid (it also can leak close to the front tires) - if it leaks out, you will have no power steering assist.

Tub T (Mike Blanche)
If it is actually oily, and is just to the inside of your tire, and very near the tire, it could be brake fluid. It could also be power steering fluid.

But if it is on the right side of the car, just in front of the door, and about a foot under the car, it is probably just water from the air conditioner.

Put a piece of cardboard under the car to catch it, then you can have someone else look at it.

By the way, brake fluid has a very distinctive smell.

RUAQT?
Rating
It also could be power steering, have someone look right away.

turner32542
yes it is possible to sut a line. take of the front wheel where the leak is and find where it is coming from, if not take it to the mechanic. either way it is a safety hazard so get it checked

DIRKDIGGLER
Rating
that sounds like break fluid its clear and oily but the lines them selves do go bad over time and leak. Although it is possible that someone cut your break line they would just have to get under the side of the vehicle and reach around with som snipping pliers and cut the line but if that happened you would loose your breaks in about 3-4 stops and you would have a huge mess of the oily fluid you found

blackimpala65
Rating
take it 2 a mech now,2day,post hast,hurry@ yes someone could cut 1

Smotter
Rating
Probably your slave cylinder is leaking (depends on how old your car is, of course.) Check your brake fluid reservoir and see how much is left. If you are not sure, take it to a garage to be checked asap !

If someone had cut the lines, then all your fluid would leak out almost immediately, and you wouldn't have any brakes at all.

florlatinspice0825
Rating
yeah anything is possible there are so many physco out there

Christian
Rating
it could also be power steering fluid, vehicle type would help here

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can a person with just only one arm be a allowed to drive
idk just ...

What is the top speed limit in your state (in kilometers per hour, if possible ?) Thanxx?

Car accident is it my fault?
so I was at my friends birthday party and I was following a line of cars but got separated. I made a wrong left turn and pulled into a church. The church had an incline and It was hard to see any ...

Driving question? I need help with stop signs.?
Ok I was driving today and I accidentally drove right past a school bus that was parked with it's stop sign out. There were no kids getting off, but I wasn't paying attention and blew thier ...

What are you supposed to do when your car starts to spin out of control in the rain?
tonight I was driving around a curve and all of a sudden there was all this water on the road and my car felt like it was in the air or something, like I had no control of it, and I hit the brakes ...

What are some worthless safety devices that you think arent worth money?
just need ...

Do you think it's okay for a semi truck to go 80 m.p.h. if the traffic conditiona are favorable?
I am just curious about this. I have over 20 years experience driving a tractor -trailer and have had no accidents. My truck will go triple digit on the ole speedometer if I push it....

If a pedestrian starts to cross but I have enough room to go...?
say im making a left turn and a pedestrian starts to cross on the far side and i have enough room to cross (say its a long crosswalk) do I still have to wait for them to cross in front of me? same ...

What does the street sign "do not pass" mean?
On a two way road, one lane each way, 35mph, there is a posted sign saying, "DO NOT PASS." There are side streets off of this road. Does this mean that I cannot pass cars that are stopped ...

If youre sitting in the open space at the back of a ford truck travelling at 90mph and fire a crossbow ?
just wondering if the arrow would travel at the same velocity or would something interesting happen if the crossbow fired from a stationery position.

ive got a little too much time on my ...

Is the proper way of shoveling snow off your walkway, on to the street,.?
-recently,I have noticed that most people when shoveling the snow from their sidewalk put all the snow onto the street making it harder for me to park my vehicle,.why do these same people not shovel ...

Have you started to use child car/booster seat since the new law can in, in england?

My friend just told me 90 on the motorway will only get you 3 points? is this true?
speeding....

What is the best way to drive an automatic car with a walking/cast boot on your right foot?
I am an experienced older driver with a safe driving record....

How do do you fight speeding when no radar was used?

Do you realize more people died last year on the roads than in all of the year of Vietnam? Why don't they...
build a wall for those killed on our highways. That would be a pretty big wall, unless the wall was taller. But I guess people would need to become taller first
Additional Details
W...

Why is it difficult passing UK practical driving test? Are this centre Money making insitution? Pls advise.?

Why when driving everybody on the road going slower than you is an idiot..and anyone going faster is a maniac?

Falling asleep behind the wheel. need help desperately!?
i drive 50 miles each way for my commute. And everyday i start falling asleep behind the wheel. its already caused one accident. i've tried everything, turning up the music, rolling the windows ...

Running a red light question?
Ok, this is really bad. i am 14 years old and it was saturday morning about 3 o'clock am me and my friends took my moms car for a drive. man, i really didn't want to but peer pressure. ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, September 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links