Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Is the light yellow, or orange in an intersection?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is the light yellow, or orange in an intersection?

I'm not color blind. Really.
Anyone ever heard of the orange light?
Why does everybody laugh at me when I say that?

Coleen W
Amber is an orange-yellow color that got its name for the material known as an amber. It is famous for being a color used in traffic lights. However, you will find that the traffic signal literature refer to this color as yellow. Amber is therefore the correct name of the color used in an intersection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_(color)
http://www.answers.com/topic/traffic-light

Since amber is orange-yellow in color then technically speaking, you are all correct. I live in Jamaica and we say amber, orange or yellow and guess what? It's not a big deal! The importance is that we understand each other.
By the way, the red light has some orange in it too but more red than orange. Hope I helped!

John Paul
The color of middle light is what you see it as. Sight is different in different people. Here in Texas Traffic engineers brilliance they lay the traffic lights on there sides so red left, yellow middle and green right??? not top red, middle yellow, bottom green. Men with red green color blindness must have a good time in Texas. Color perception is tricky in the eye and how the brain works.

NOSSLP
Rating
I have heard of calling it an "orange" light when you sneak through just as it is changing from yellow to red... Yellow and red do make orange....

bill g
Rating
it is indeed an amber light , and don't allow anyone to laugh at you in mockery , if they were so perfect why couldn't they tell you it was amber ?

george p
good you brought it up it's actually amber light when is changing to red or green

elpeesee
Rating
technically, it is amber.

Seraphim
The light is yellow. Sorry, it just is. Only "orange" light I've heard of in traffic is when my roommate makes a stupid joke about running a red light - "It's not red, its orange!"

~*~Wild BabyGurl~*~
Rating
Orange lights would be used during areas under construction.

Princess
Rating
it's called amber sweetie:)

taterhead30
amber - --silly !

what is the good word?
red green & orange

eternity
Rating
orange

Michael
Rating
Trinity, it is yellow or amber, but when the sun hits it and your looking at it then it truly shows up to be orange, because of the sun and the time of day!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do you think it would be a bad idea to fly anywhere on 6/6/06?
Maybe I'm just superstitious
Additional Details
This was meant to be funny.
Dang you people need to lighten ...

Would you buy a device that would let you back into your car if you are ever locked out?
I think I have a great idea for an invention that would operate you carís power doors if you were ever locked out. Iím in the middle of getting a patent for it but wanted to know first what you guys ...

Rear end a car when they brake suddenly for no reason?
Picture the scene. At a set of traffic lights (2nd in qeue) waiting patiently to move when the lights turn green the driver infront doesn't move. So i sound the horn incase they didnt realise ...

How do you actually die in a car crash?
What causes the death? E.g Blow to the head,...

Answer me this, The last I remember from Drivers Ed it was illegal to pass at intersections, Correct?
How do you feel about these people who never signal and weave in and out of traffic like they are the only ones on the road. This passing in the middle of intersections make me wonder how some people ...

Why do people think it's O.K. to break the speed limit?
I work in an office with 10 other people, and the vast majority of them are infuriated when they get "caught" for speeding, they disagree with hidden speed cameras and the tickets. They ...

What are the odds of surviving a car wreck @ 107mph and you exit the car?
I wrecked a 97' Saturn SC2 at 107 mph, taking a turn. I flipped the car three times and flew out the driver side window (which was down). I really dont remember the wreck, just from the marks in ...

RE: Safest distance between vehicles.?
I"ve read 6 excellent answers to my ? and 1 stupid one. However, my question still hasn"t really been answered. I asked "What is the safest MATHEMATICALLY distance between 2 vehicles ...

If I have parked on one side of the street and someone comes?
along and parks on the other blocking the road to other drivers ie they are not able to pass between the two vehicles - is this against the law?...

Don't people driving and talking on the cell phone make you want to kill them?
I will be glad when they make a law banning people from using cell phones while driving. They are dangerous....

Traffic wardens..........aahhh. hate or tolerate.?
i live in wembley, got an event day permit on my car, so the pigs ticketed me for parking near a tiny dip in the curve. so much for happy days
peace....

Why right lane is the slow lane ?

Have you ever hit a deer with a car?
How bad was your damage?
I hit a deer with our 1990 Buick and it tore up the whole front end, fenders, broke the headlights, bashed in the grill and the radiator, and killed the deer. That was ...

Housewives..?
..When nipping out to the shops, remember to carry a stiff broom in the boot of your car. Use it to sweep the broken glass to the side of the road every time you have a minor ...

SEAT BELTS - Should we wear them for short distances ?

Why are there seat belts on airplanes but not buses?
Today i just read a question where someone asked why buses didnt have any seat belts and the answer was that it would be harder to get people out of seat belts in the case of an accident and that ...

Can you help with my speeding ticket?
I am fighting a speeding ticket, by written declaration. I was on a rural road and there was no posted speed limit for miles--I never saw one--there is not one. I was ticketed for going 11 miles ...

Do you feel uncomfortable with your seat belt on?

Asians are bad drivers!!!!!!! yes or no?
your opinion...i believe yes, especially women. I am not stereotypical it is just the truth....

What would happen if you ran into the side of a speeding train head first?
From the platform!!...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links