Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Is there a height requirement to drive when you're of legal age? If there is height requirement, what is it?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is there a height requirement to drive when you're of legal age? If there is height requirement, what is it?

Nunya B
Rating
I don't think so. Unless you're like, 2ft tall or something, it's fine. You can get special pedal adapters and booster seats if a standard car is not working for you.

CAPTIAN
you have to be able to see over the steering wheel

aaroncbcb
no not in the uk. i once saw a woman who was the height of (or shorter) than my 4 year old son jump out of a ford explorer 4x4? so if you cannot reach the pedals i am sure you can still drive but you have to modify the pedals and drivers seating. to suit your requirements.

Core
Rating
They make special pedal extensions for little people, so I'm assuming there's no height requirement, just that you can safely see over the wheel and control the vehicle.

atomictulip
No. Even little people can get a drivers license provided that they can effectively and comfortably utilize all of the controls and mirrors etc.

Capicu Inc
Rating
No, there are no height requirements in any state.

jenjennic
Rating
no

She-Ra
I'm not sure there is one, there was a kid from my high school who was pretty short so he was required to sit on top of this plastic box type thing but that's all.

gary s
It would depend on the state. In Florida, there is no height requirement.

Gary

Will
Rating
No there is not a height requirement. If there were, then some people would never be able to drive!

sepincol
Rating
There is no height requirement in most states as long as you can reach the petals operating them properly and see over the dash of the car at the same time.

mxprincess69
i dont really think that there is a height requirement because little people can drive, so you might just have to adjust by sitting on a pillow so that you can see properly

UCANTCME
Rating
They dont have a per say height requirement but it would be helpful if you were over 4 feet 9 inches because that is the limit for car seats so anything over that is okay.....

hunterroni
thank goodness! im glad cause i just shrunk 2 in. and so im 4 foot 6 in and im in the 6th grade!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Are there free taxi type services for those too drunk too drive?

Additional Details
*to drive.

(I'm not the one who is drunk either. lol. Just an honest typo.)...

Last sign on leaving a motorway uk?

No!! I am asking why and who 70mph.?
I did not say anything about wanting to go faster. Read the question. Who decided that 70mph was the wright speed and why. What are the facts please. I live in the U.K.. Not the U.S....

Who think Ford should go out of business?
Ford has too many recalls on their vehicles. This is bad....

Who's fault is it when the accident occurs?
I parked my car on the sidewalk of the house, the streets are very narrow and driveway is very compact. When I parked my car on the sidewalk the car is very close to the entrance of the driveway but ...

Help! I am a woman driver?
And I have never been in an accident....statistically speaking - how much longer do I have till I cause an accident?...

How do u drive a vehicle w/a stick?
i'm planning on buying a new vehicle & can save abt $2,000 if i get manual transmission vs automatic. i want 2 save the $ but can't drive stick. can ne1 give written instructions?...

Why is it "dangerous" to drive barefoot?
People say it's "dangerous" to drive without shoes on... but no one says why. I know I feel a lot safer driving barefoot than in flip flops or high heels. I can't think of a ...

Green side lights on my car.. is it ilegal.?
Iive got blue side lights on my car at the moment.. but ive been told that they are ilegal... so im going to put green side lights on in there place.. are they ilegal also... thanks ... ...

I got a parking citation on a place i never parked in?

Is it illegal to block a sidewalk when parked in your own driveway?
Also, who determines this matter? Can the HOA levy fines against the homeowner if this situation is not specifically called out in the by-laws? Is this a city, county or state ruling?

I ...

Whats the strangest thing you ever ran over with a car ?

Additional Details
I really hate to do it but I have to put this one to vote....

If everyone on the freeway is going 80 but the speed limit is 65 what do you do??

Does anyone drive with one foot on the brake and one on the gas?
sammy hagar sings about that on "i can't drive 55"..i see people pulling away from a dead stop with the brake lights on, they are usually over 90 years old...does anyone actually drive ...

Silly ?...cars with mirrors that say" objects are closer than they appear" whats the purpose of them??????
there must be reasoning behind those mirrors, maybe i'm just curious, like to know ...

Should the age limit be 21 to drive in the USA?

What is Better for winter driving???
I live in Wyoming, and I will be buying a vehichle soon, I'm just not sure what is best for driving in the winter... 4 wheel drive, all wheel drive, or front wheel drive.
In the winter, ...

100% of the time I drive in the slow lane....?
I usually drive 5-10 miles over the speed limit. I only get in a passing lane to pass a slower moving vehichle and then I return to the slow lane.
I drive this speed because that's my ...

How to switch lanes while driveing?
How do you switch lanes while driveing im still trying to learn how?
Additional Details
I been driveing so good i just got my license and i was driveing the first day I got it and it was ...

Why do muslims want jobs driving school buses in the U.S ?
So they can drive our kids off a cliff?
Additional Details
How can you tell if their radicals?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links