Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Is there a law that you have to wear shoes while driving?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is there a law that you have to wear shoes while driving?

seriously, does anyone know?

ItsMeg93
HAHA! i hope not! its funner driving barefoot! but no i dont think there is, its not like cops will pull you over and say... LET ME SEE YOUR FEET!

El Duderino
Rating
i don't know, but i've heard that too. I always just figured it was true, until i just thought about it now. it seems kind of stupid when u think about it.

u got me curious heres the answer by state.

headsiwin
The Highway Code in the UK states that your shoes should be suitable for the task.

ronnny
I believe there is in cars but i know there is in big trucks. But i still do not wear them much when driving in the summer.

yallerose
There was a rumor that it was illegal to drive in Texas without shoes but that is not true. You would have to check the laws in your state.

Don
I've also heard that but I don't believe it's true. When ever I wear "Jesus" sandals, or flip-flops, my right sandal comes off and my barefoot drives.

D.W.
Rating
Ya know, I recall being told that years ago, but don't know if it's urban legend.

Eric C
It is NOT illegal to drive barefoot in most of the United States... (see link below for a more detailed state-by-state study on the topic)

ksukelley
From what I have read, I would say NO.

See the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barefoot#Driving_barefoot
http://web.archive.org/web/20030618105020/http://www.urbanlegends.com/legal/driving.barefoot/driving_barefoot.html

I was always told as a teen that it was illegal to drive barefoot - I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it.

Hot Strawberry Babe On Fire!!!
I do know. You do NOT need to wear shoes when you drive. If you are wearing flip flops or heals then you have to take them off.

mustanger
In California it was the law back in the 50's at least. When I was stationed there I saw a cop pull a car over as he came from the beach and cite him for driving with thong sandals rather than shoes. Makes sense. Bare feet or flip flops don't give good purchase on the pedals.

Birdman
Rating
I don't think there is. I drive barefoot all the time!

LALALALALA♥
Rating
yep i think so.

Shawn B
Rating
I don't think there's a law about that.

mangomike
Rating
Well some states do have laws that require you to have shoes on. So I would at least have a pair of shoes in the car when you drive.

Hayleigh B
i'm pretty sure there is.

allllllly
Rating
i'm pretty sure thats a myth. if it really is illegal then i'm screwed haha.

☺ Joey ROCKS! ☺
That's a great question. I would have never thought of that. Well... I think there is, but I doubt it's taken seriously.

julietjaquith
Rating
Yes it is the law.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Im looking for names of veacles that seat 6-7 people.?

How can I calm my nerves for driving test?

Car crash with cyclist without lights?
In the UK, if a driver of a vheicle is involved in a collision with a cyclist on a road at night who is not using lights/reflectors, is the driver automatically guilty of driving without due care and ...

Whats the most common accidents young drivers make?

Additional Details
Whoops yes!! - whats the most common mistakes young drivers make???...

Is it illegal for bicycles to go through red lights?
Or turn right on red when it is prohibited for cars?...

Winter Road Trip Through Snowy Area?
I live in Northern Ca and I'm driving to Southern Colorado for the holidays. I was wondering what to bring in case of an emergency. I have a road side kit you buy at Costco, it has flares, ...

Driving with one hand?
do people do it as they becoming more expirience or what. It looks cool to me because i just started driving and use both hands....

There are a few cars on the road that weren't made with seatbelts so,can you still be ticketed?
if you're driving one?...

What is the correct position for a stick shift when parked?
I drive a stick shift and when I park I leave the car in netral and put the emergency brake on. Is this correct?...

If a bus crashed with a full load of passengers would the law introduce seat belts as compulsary?
i travel on public buses all the time and i have often wondered how many passengers would be killed instantly as there are no saftey measures aboard....

Why do we drive left side in some countries and right side in some? Can we just standardize it?

Does anyone know how to beat a speeding ticket?
I know not to speed, but I have heard it was easy to beat, even when using radar- is the stories true?
Additional Details
Lots of answers so quickly- to answer everyone- I was doing (or ...

What is your biggest distraction when driving?
I'm doing a paper for my English Composition class and I need your help. I'm looking for the top 100 answers of what distracts you the most when you are driving? Short, sweet, and to the ...

Speeding ticket - 65mph on a 40mph road....what now?
Hi All,

I have just recieved my first speeding ticket in the last 1 and a half years of driving. I have been caught doing 65 on a 40 mph road.
Does anyone know the possible penalty.<...

Which side of the road r u suppost to walk on? agaist traffic or with the traffic?
and also is there a certain age where u have to b to walk alone?...

Have you ever been in a car crash and?
got out without a scratch?...

By Law how far away do you need to be from another car while driving?
I got pulled over because I was to close to another car, I was told that I needed to be 100 ft away! I think he lied?...

Why dont people use turn indicators anymore?
It seems like more often than not, people are not using their turn indicators. Not only is it a lack of compliance with our traffic laws, but its also an outright lack of courtesy to your fellow ...

Try this experiment.?
Drive your car or ride your bicycle with one eye closed, and report back on your thoughts about this....

At what age should children be taught about road safety?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links