Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Is there a limit on how many cars a household can have if they are using up all the spaces?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is there a limit on how many cars a household can have if they are using up all the spaces?

my neighbour has 6 cars and is using up most of the road to park them,is there anything we can do about it?

nemesis114
No, there's not.

They aren't all BMWs and Mercs are they just as a matter of interest?

peter p
Rating
If they are taxed and insured. 'NO'

WelshLad
If they are legally taxed, insured - they are legal.

AR6 Weaver
Rating
you can have as many cars as you want...stop complaining

gav552001
In the Uk as long as the vehicles are legal ( insured, MOT and have a valid vehicle excise licence) and the are no parking restrictions then there is nothing you can do at all your neighbour can park where they like as long as they obey the law

Vince M
Rating
There are exceptions in some communities, but, in general, if they are parked along side a public road, there is no law that limits how many cars can be associated with one household.

Imagine: If the house has two adult parents, and only four children of legal driving age, each with their own car, that adds up to six cars. Why should any laws be enacted telling this family that only SOME of them are allowed to own a car, while others are not?

However, there ARE folks who just like to have a lot of cars. I can imagine a household where even only two people may own a daily commute vehicle for each of them, an off road RV, a large motor home, a "cruising" car, just for show and another "project" car that is being rebuilt or restored. That also adds up to six.

Here's the thing. In some states, California among them, there is a law the limits how long a vehicle can be continuously parked in the same spot. In my state, it happens to be 72 hours. The off road RV I mentioned in the example, may only get driven once a month. The motor home may only get taken out a couple of times a year. And the project car may get taken out, well, NEVER until it gets finished. In each of these cases, these vehicles are technically, parked illegally and are subect to be towed away by the local parking enforcement agency.

You CAN call up this agency in your area and complain about the number of cars. But, if those folks are not in violation of any ordinance, there is nothing you or they can do about it.

UCANTCME
It does if you belong to an (HOA) Homeowners Association because of all the ones that I have seen they are limited to (2) cars parked on the outside driveway and (2) parked inside the garage.

Check to see if you belong to an (HOA) and if so read the covenant rules and if you don't have them call the (HOA) office.

Ivonne
I own a 5 bedroom house, and the homeowners association just changed our gate entry to decals for our cars. They are saying that they will only give us 4 decals per house and that we have to be approved to get more. We were denied, I dont know why, I am waiting for a response. Is that legal to tell us how many cars we are allowed to have even if we pay for the decals?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What are the police doing in their cars, hidden at the side of the road? (UK)?
I asked earlier about how speed cameras work. I've been looking it up on google and it has intrigued me. When police cars (not vans) are kind of hidden on roads, what are they doing? The police ...

Good slogan to use in a campaign for drink driving with P platers?

How far can something (pipe)stick out of bed of my truck with a red flag and still be legal in California?
I have a full size pickup with 6ft bed. Need to move a 10ft pipe to another location 1hr away. I know it will require me to put a red flag on end thats hangs out of truck bed. But is their a max ...

What causes the blind spot while driving?
How can you get around it? Can I install an extra mirror perhaps to get around the blind spot?

thanks!...

Is it legal to have a light put in under my glovebox so the floor is lit up at night in NJ?

How can I protect my car from being robbed? [Serious Question]?
Okay I just put $600 into my car

2 subs and a amp in the trunk. A brand new cd player to!

I can i protect my subs and amp other then just locking my car? I'm worried about ...

Is a car without back-seat shoulder straps legal?
Is it legal to drive a car without back seat shoulder straps with children on a trip? We're going from Kentucky through West Virginia to Virginia Beach, VA. It does have lap belts just not ...

What are traffic laws regarding underglow on cars in New York State?
where and where cant you have them on?...

How to get double yellow lines of the road?
i cant get parked outside my house because people stop there to go to the shop.

how can i get yellow lines from the road (road markings)...

Ontario has just passed a law which makes talking or texting on cell phone while driving.It is a distraction.?
I agree that it is a distraction for the driver.I just wonder why drinking a coffee or eating a bagel is not considered a distraction.Hot coffee can spill , you have to feel for the cup holder even ...

Your best and worst driving habits?
We all have good and skillful habits when it comes to driving but pretty much everyone also has (even if they think they haven't) a bad habit or too, I certianly would av thought.
What are ...

A crash fire rescue truck like at a airport, how much does one cost?
a 4x4 crash truck, made by Oshkosh or E-ONE...

What is the procedure for turning left when all lights at an intersection are red (not blinking)?

What sports car is right for me?
What is the flashiest/fastest sports car for under 35k, it must have an automatic transmission and if possible list the mpg as well.
Additional Details
i live in southern ...

Vehicle requirements to pass a safety in ontario?
I just bought a truck and am looking to do as much work on it as I can before I bring it into be safetied. So I am wondering what mechanics look at when they are inspecting these vehicles....

I am going to stop text n' driving! Will you?
Join me :) and stop texting and driving. If there's one thing we all can do is stop texting while driving to save innocent people and children. Think about the accidents that can be avoided. Put ...

Transporting children age 12 and 8 sharing a lap seat belt, while the younger uses the shoulder strap?
a friend was in need of a vehicle and a panel van was offered to him at a very low cost(financially strapped). It has a wide passenger seat and both children fit on it ok. they are able to share ...

Do cops stop party buses on prom night?
I live in NY and my prom is next month. My friends and I are all going on a party bus and they are planning on bringing alcohol.
I am not planning on drinking so I would not want to get in ...

When riding a bike in a (Biz-zone) with no bike lane, What are the rules for safety?
I recivced a 218.00 tix for riding on the sidewalk !...

Do all cars have airbags?
Are all cars fitted with air bags in Australia? Like is there a law that says car manufacturers have to put at least one air bag in or don't they have to put any in?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, December 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links