Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

On any highways, what is the things on each sides of the highway, that when u drive on it, makes a sound.?
Find answers to your legal question.

On any highways, what is the things on each sides of the highway, that when u drive on it, makes a sound.?

it sounds like errrrrr when u drive on it. Also what is the use of those

Ryan R
They're called rumble strips, and they're designed to wake up fatigued motorists and keep them from drifting off the road.

?
Rating
They are called Rumble Strips. They're there to get your attention if you drift off the road.

Don A
They are called rumble strips, and their used for when people start driving off the road they are alerted. Usually people who fall asleep at the wheel or who arent paying attention.

CHICANO
Rating
I agree that they are called rumble strips, and that they are designed to alert you if you start to doze off.

JOHNSON
Rating
They are called rumble strips and they are designed to alert you if you fall asleep at the wheel. I think they were first put on the shoulders for the semi drivers because they are known to fall asleep alot.

JerzyDevil
Rating
BTW, the side of the road is called the shoulder.

suzieq_64093
They cut lines in the pavement there so that if you run off the road because you fell asleep, it wakes you up and you can get back in your lane before you have an accident.

Just2Candid
Rating
They are referred to as Drunk Bumps. Wakes people up or at least gets their attention.

bluff mike
Rating
Rumble strips go across the road. What you describe some call a "road ratchet". Its to wake you up.

karbaw
Rating
Those are for if people fall asleep while driving and swerve and drive over them the noise will wake them up.

ANTI_ISRAEL
what the other answers said

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it safe?
To drive with the exhaust emission light on? It came on this morning! I had people in the back seat which I dont usually have! Could it be the extra weight?
Additional Details
Well I ...

Why does the a driver have to wear a seat belt if no one else is in the car?

Is it legal to surpass the posted speed limit when passing someone on the highway?

I was in an accident and my airbag did not come out, what do I do about that?
2001 Mazda 626...

How to stop people of Delhi from spitting on the road while driving or when waiting at the trafic signal?
just yesterday the man who was driving the car ahead of me spitted 10-12 times while we were crossing Dhaula Kuan crossing.It was so disgusting.I think there should be a law to ban spitting in P...

If we go 30 in a 30mph zone, hush in a quiet zone, yield at yield signs, stop at stop signs;?
What are we really suppose to do at a speed bump?...

Why dont you cars make a truckdrivers job a little easier,we are only trying to be safe,on time,to supply you?

What is the best way 2 recover from a car accident?

I was pulled over but the police officer wrote the wrong address.?
I will try to explain it in detail. I moved to a new address. So the new address was posted on the back of my license. And my old address is on the front my license. The police officer got confused ...

How can i put airbags into the handlebar of my Bicycle?
im trying to teach my dog how to ride a bike and i am concerned for his safety so i want to put airbags in just incase. i heard it saves lives in accidents....

Why do so many young men think it is macho to drive fast?
The statistics show that too many young men die on the roads, or kill others, because of excessive speed. What does it take for them to stop and think: seeing their friends die, or dying themselves?<...

Is it not about time using mobiles whilst driving means you loose the phone the first time and the car?
the second time. Or am I ignorant of the major road safety improvements yaking on a mobile brings to drivers? Clearly lorry drivers find that a mobile is particularly usefull along side their wad of ...

If a car is traveling at 80 mph..will it cause a big impact if smahed onto another car???
If in an intersection..one car is bout to turn left then a drunk driver failed to stop at a red light driving at 80 mph.. smashed onto that turning car.. would that be a strong impact and might ...

Why do people stay in the left lane when not passing?
I see this every single day on my way to school/work, and it is really starting to irritate me. People will get in the left lane (passing lane) and just stay there for about the next 3 to 5 miles. W...

Does the 135cm height rule for car seats include shoes or not?

Why is that on the AMBULANCE, the letters are painted in REVERSE direction?

What city is the most difficult place to drive an automobile?
I live in Manila where jeepney drivers stop in the middle of the road for passengers to get on and off. I'd like to know if there's any other place where driving is more difficult....

Why are there yellow bumpy things in front of stores?
The plate of bright yellow bumpy mettle that they have bolted down in front of stores, what is the purpose of it being there?...

Is it ok to throw warm water on windows when icy?
i need to know if thats ok to do..or using defrost is better?

if ur in hurry and windows are icy..can i just throw warm water on windows?..or leave on defroster for awhile?...

What should I do when I am driving at high speed and one of my tyres burst?
What immediate life saving measures should I take?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, August 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links