Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Road Test! dmv straight line backing! I love in NC?
Find answers to your legal question.

Road Test! dmv straight line backing! I love in NC?

Yesterday i failed my driving test because i used the mirrors during straight line backing. I now know that you are only suppose to look out the back window but i still don't know the proper technique! Do you keep both hands on the wheel during straight line backing while looking over your right shoulder! OR do you keep one hand on the wheel and one on the passenger seat and look out the back window in that way! I'm almost 2 scared to go back because I have no idea on how to do this properly! What made it even worse is that it was a public 2 lane road and cars were coming and the driving lady wouldn't even talk to me or give me a tip on what to do! Please help!
Additional Details
SORRY I MEANT LIVE IN NC!

thud.fan
The OR option is correct. You have to turn in the seat to look back, yet still check all the mirrors. One hand on the wheel, one on the passenger seat for support. Yep, it takes a bit of contortion, that's why we gotta go slow. I am very surprised that this part of the road test is not conducted in a more secure area, such as DMV property, where there is less likelihood of collision. Try to go back to the DMV and follow another road test and see where they go and what they do. It should be the same place as you went to. Otherwise, they have different standards for their tests - a no-no.

Keep the head moving and the brake covered. This applies even if your vehicle has a video display while backing.

All the best. You can do it!!

WWEr4life*
both hands to start with

when you get comfortable with no doubts what-so-ever then your alright to use 1

btw:
your answer is from NC also!

trckrboy
Rating
alright its very easy to do... keep your left hand on the wheel and put your right behind the passengers head rest... the look right over your shoulder out the back/ side windows... dont be afraid to go there... the lady just doesnt have a life and she hates her job... go to a near by parking lot with someone and practice for 20 minutes... you will do fine

Dr. Strangelove
Rating
Unless you are double jointed, there's no way you can look backwards without taking your right hand off the wheel and putting it over the passenger seat. Take a good look at your driving manual. There may be a hint in there as to what the driving inspector is looking for.

UCANTCME
Rating
Both hands on the steering wheel at all times and look behind you...

Merry
must both hands be on the steering wheel at all time??

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Speech on drunk driving
I need a beginning for my drink driving speech that makes the audience imagine the situation. Like this "Imagine you had a sober night out and your killed by a drunk driver coming home" L...

Do speed limit signs have to be on the right hand side of the road?
i got a ticket on a 6 lane highway but the sign with the reduced speed was on the left in the median and i was in the right lane and didn't see it why wouldn't it be on the right where it ...

If my older brother who has a driving permit is driving can i be in the passanger seat with a adult in the bac

How do you install a forward facing carseat in a toyota tacoma
The truck has those fold down seats in the back so there is nowhere to put the tether strap....

How do you Install Airbags to Vintage Cars???

Is it safe to have a forward folding booster seat?
What I mean is the new booster seat I bought online folds easily to my amazement, it does not have a rigid back support, of course it rests on the back seat of the car, and when my son sits with the ...

I need help with my gear in my car!
On my automatic car my gear box looks like this - P R N D 3 2 1 - Is it safe to drive it like a manual car and shift the gear from 1 2 3 on a straight road?...

Can anyone tell me what they test for on the G1 exit test?
Thanks in advance :)...

How do you signal you are about to do a 3-point turn?
I'm going to be taking my road test soon, but I'm not sure how to signal for this. Do I use a turning signal, or double blinkers or what?...

Is there any reason why I couldn't take my narghile with me if I go abroad?
Are there any charges? What's the maximum amount of charcoal and tobacco that I could take? I'm going to the UK by plane and it would be in my suitcase, not my handbag....

Can I get my license early for work and school purposes?
I just got my permit.I know I have to wait 6 months.But it's way too long,and I wouldn't be able to got schooI and work.Plus,I'm a senior in highschool.I do not live with my parents,I ...

Can anyone find an online artical regarding a child that was killed by a driver who failed to signal a turn?
or a child that was killed by a driver who failed to yield at a cross walk?

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks
Additional Details
First two people,

I&...

Which one do you think would fit me better? ?
Okay, so I want to get a motorcycle alarm but not sure which one will fit me best. I have a 2008 gsxr 750 and this is my first bike so im really new to the whole biking scene. Any of you have ...

The car-seat height is 48" inches in Texas. Does that apply to midgets?

Excessive speed was a factor of what percent of fatal crashes in michigan?

Getting my license soon, need help!?!?
ok, im getting my license soon and im a pretty good driver but theres one thing im still kinda confused about: 4 way stops lol. i understand that whoever get there first goes but i dont understand ...

I am seeking for information on a car accident that happened in dubai al-ain road on march 8th 2006?
i was in this car accident 2 where killed and 3 ...

Can a learner tow a trailer in Vic, Nsw or QLD???
we are drivin to qld from vic soon with a trailer, and im wanted to drive... can i drive while being a learner?

What is a road or highway or expressway or bridge or junction or interchange or intersection ?

Is it illegal under California law for people to ride in the bed of a pickup truck COVERED WITH A CAMPER?
I know the law with an Open Pick Up Bed, I need to know whats the law with a Bed Covered With a CAMPER....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links