Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

What's the penalty for not having child car seat?
Find answers to your legal question.

What's the penalty for not having child car seat?

anyone know the amount of fine and point if any for not having a car seat for a child? someone i know received a ticket and have no idea what the cost is and i'm curious what'll be the fine range...
by the way, this happened in Queens, NY
thanks in advance
Additional Details
This happened to someone i know who's from foreign country where car seats are not required by the law. I work in NYC and take yellow cabs all the time and sometimes there's no way for you to carry car seat everywhere you go. That's why i'm curious about the penalty and laws about car seats.
someone told me every state, county, even towns have different fine/point system... is this true? to me this does sound like serious violation

ketchupklf
I'm not sure of the minimum fine but I know the maximum fine is dead kid.

Rock Firestorm
If you, oh, I mean your "friend" only gets a fine, consider yourself lucky. This is considered "child endangerment" and you, um, I mean your "friend" can actually go to jail. The fine should be at least 271 and can be higher. I don't know what you, I mean your "friend" were thinking but this is not just stupid, but it's dangerous. But I bet you'll still do it again.

UCANTCME
Try this site but I think that it is $100.00 dollars.

http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/bystate/ny.html

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Yielding lights when u drive?
what happens if u make a left turn on a yielding light as it turns from yellow to red would you get a ticket? and you were already in the middle of the intersection waiting to turn? this happend to ...

When going straight thru a round about,what blinker would you use?
I have been driving for years and cant answer this question for someone on their L's,...

15 seat vans. Are they really so dangerous?
I've heard horror stories about 15 seat vans, how they flip and get in a lot of accidents. my step mother takes in foster kids and she wants to buy one. i go to her house a lot to see my half ...

Yield signs in california?
what happens if u make a left turn on a yielding light as it turns from yellow to red would you get a ticket? and you were already in the middle of the intersection waiting to turn? this happend to ...

How can you scare or frighten someone thats stalking you, so that they will stop.?
a relative has a stalker, I wanna know what would scare this so he will begin to leave her alone....

What is the maximum speed that P platers can travel in Victoria Australia?

At what height do you need to be too stop using a booster seat?

I have a broken front strut on my driver side. Is it safe to drive since my car is making noises when i turned?
I am scared to drive and since I am a female, I think I have a broken struts and really I am unsure. HELP!
Additional Details
Thanks for all the responses. I am only going to drive it to ...

Do you get ticketed on NO TURN ON RED Photo enforced intersections?
I was driving in Pasadena, CA's City Hall and they had a photo enforced intersection. It was red. I made a complete stop and began my right turn, but mid intersection, I realized they had a NO TU...

Car Seat question?.......?
what is the safest car seat position to have your toddler in your car? either in the middle or on the passenger backseat?
Additional Details
my son is 3 and weighs 45...

When is a ship's siren used for protection?

Driving question... Please help ?
Ok here a few questions that i really need help with.

1) When switching lanes. I understand the blind spot is at the rear doors. So just turn your head 90 degrees and you can see it right?....

I heard the phrase "t-bone" collision. What exactly a t-bone collision? And what kind of damage is caused?
I heard the phrase "t-bone" collision. What exactly a t-bone collision? And what kind of damage is caused?

I am interested in pictures of a t-bone collision and the damage.

Poll/survey: when in a big car accident, what is with the people who are more concerned about their new car?
like isn't saftey the main concern? ie, a car is supposed to take a beating, not you guys inside the vehicle.

in any case, what does that say about an individual if all they care ...

Car crash who fault is it?
car crash and whos fault.?
here was a scenerio i got into.
i was driing on a small street and their was a oncoming car going towards me so i pull next to the other parked car so that we can ...

Booster Seat Question?
At what age/weight/height in the state of Va can my Child switch from a car seat to a booster seat?...

Will I Be Okay To Drive In The Morning?
I'm going to be drinking tonight, and leaving my car at a friends house. I'll spend the night there, and I was planning on driving home in the morning.

However, someone told me ...

Why is it when you've had a car accident the car feels different when you get it back?
I spun my car (4 dr 51 plate ford focus ghia.) into a field 22nd Nov, when it was snowing. After getting the car back from the insurers 3 weeks ago, the car doesn't feel the same as it did ...

Why aren't there seatbelts on school busses?
If you get pulled over and your child is not strapped in you can get a ticket or charges of child endangerment or neglect. But every day millions of kids ride in non-seat belted school busses....

What injuries can be sustained in a serious car accident?
I am writing a story and within the first part of the story, one of the main characters is involved in a car accident. He is driving home from work and another car smashes into his car from the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links