Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

What is the cut off date for the new law for getting your drivers license at age 16 in California?
Find answers to your legal question.

What is the cut off date for the new law for getting your drivers license at age 16 in California?

i know it was changed from 16 to 18 to get your license but, i don't know what the cut off date is. any help?

George A
Rating
No it's not.
I have not seen anything in any news articles that CA is changing their teen driving laws.

The rumors going around that start "If you were born after 1992 (1994), you can no longer get your permit (license) until you are 18" are a myth.

The 2009 CA Driver's Handbook still lists the Permit age at 15 1/2 & the Provisional License age at 16. Also, the states DMV website has no information that the laws are changing either.

http://dmv.ca.gov/

There is no information that the CA Legislature is working on a Bill that will change the current teen driving laws. Also, there has been no news that the Governor is waiting for any Bill that will change the age to sign into law.

Unless the politicians in CA is keeping this a big secret, it's not going to happen, and what you've heard is just a continuation of the myth that has been circulating for months if not years.

UCANTCME
Rating
It was never changed its still 15 1/2 years of age.......

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If two vehicles reach an uncontrolled intersection at the same time, the right of the way should be yielded to?
drivers ed homework

a. the driver on the right
b. the driver on the left
c. the driver on the north-south street
d. the river on the east-west ...

Which 1 of these is street legal?
https://www.happyscooter
I'm looking for something that looks like a motorcycle, and is cheap, and it has to be street legal....

When you write something on a foggy window...?
When you write something on a foggy window (foggy by condensation and stuff), will it still show up? I was writing my and my crush's name on the foggy bus window today, and I erased it, but will ...

Automotive and Aviation Seat Belts?
How are auto seatbelts differ from aviation seatbelts?...

Will a silvercross car seat fit a sport Ka?
I'm taking a friend of mine and his 16 month old boy to the zoo next week. He doesnt drive, I do so we are borrowing a car seat from his mum but I dont know if the seat will fit in my car cos I ...

Help! I need to drive again...?
Ok I was in a car accident, by myself 3 weeks ago... It wasn't a terrible accident but my car did spin round several times and slam into some cactus, and I was very scared.... how can I get ...

In Wisconsin, is there a law that you have to stay with your car when filling it with gas?
Any information on state or federal laws about this would be helpful....

>> ANSWER ASAP PLEASE 10 EASY POINTS!! <<?
I really need to know what the test is for when a brand new car is tested for corners and sharp turns, like dodging through cones.
Answer is needed now please.
Thanks heaps.
PS:( i ...

Nsw leaner license does the open licensed passenger need to be in the front seat or can they be in the back se?
when u are on your nsw leaner license does the open licensed passenger need to be in the front seat or can they be in the back seat.????...

Has anyone noticed the little metal buttons set into pavements at random and what are they for?

Tailgaters: Think about this?
I have a theory of why people who tailgate and constantly complain about "slow drivers in the left lane" might be running into this problem so often. Tailgaters/speeders might be creating ...

Is there a standard European road lane width on major trunk roads ?
Are road widths in Eastern Europe, for example, different to that in Spain, Sweden or the UK ?...

Has the Driving age limit been incresed to 18?
do you have to be 18 to drive of is it still 17 when you can start learning??

While pulling out from between cars do you have to check your blind spots?

How should children ride in cars with no car seats - (Traveling in the Caribe)?
What is the best position to ride in a car for children 5 and 3 years old, while traveling in the caribe.
In the caribe it is very difficult/impossible to find taxis/transportation with seat ...

How safe are VolksWagen buses?

Will i loose my liscense for driving underage in texas?
I am 15 years old and i live in texas, my birthday is not until august i have a permit and i have had it for 6 months. I am a mature kid, i am 6'3" and about 220 lbs if i am driving alone ...

Does anyone know the laws about parking in the street at night in new york?
Like i know that in the winter you can't park in the street after two a.m. for the snow plows. But can you park in the street during the spring and summer?...

Can a Automatic car have a spit fire?

We've had an ice storm over night causing "black ice" WHAT IS BLACK ICE on the road?
What optical illusions does it cause toward the occurrence and possible increase of accidents? And by WHAT MEANS are these optical illusions created?
Until today I had not heard of "black ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links