Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

What is the safest place to sit on a bus?
Find answers to your legal question.

What is the safest place to sit on a bus?

My public transportation says you are 36 times safer on a bus than a car. But should something for wrong, what would be the best place to sit if the bus were to get into an accident?

proud mommy 2 too girls
Rating
I would think right behind the bus driver there is normally a wall behind him so you wont go through the windshield and you'll be close to a exit door and I just normally set behind driver if it's a available seat when I do use public transportation

Pinky
Third or the fourth row in a bus.

kymshelton@sbcglobal.net
If you are referring to a school bus, then any seat is as good as the next - as long as you are sitting down, facing forward with your feet on the floor in front of you. The newer models of school buses have seats that are closer together with higher backs. The last seats are also no longer flush against the back of the bus; there is a space cushion to protect passengers from a rear end collision. This is called "compartmentalization," which helps to keep you from getting seriously injured if the bus is involved in a collision. However, if the bus were to turn over, it wouldn't matter where you are sitting.

newjerseyguy
Rating
by an exit

three piggs
the center rows...

glass shattering is minimal and the space between you and the side of the bus acts as a cushion.

Taylor
In the seat with the big emergency exit door.

versantly
Rating
sit in a seat properly -no standing.

UCANTCME
Rating
In the center rows............

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Whats the penalty for not producing an MOT certificate?
hi i was given a producer by the police a few days ago. I have insurance and a license but i dont have MOT on the car i was pulled in. Whats the penalty for it coz i cant produce the MOT test ...

I committed a hit and run and i don't have a driver's lisence now what?
I got really lazy and decided i'd get to school faster if i took my dad's car (he and my mom weren't home at the time) so i grabbed the keys and off i went. BAD IDEA! As i was making a ...

Patched tire safe?
I lost a lot of air in my front tire today on the freeway and fortunately a road side service man was able to refill it with air but suggested I get it looked at. I went to a tire place and they ...

Okay i saw roadkill on the road!?
WHAT SHOULD I DO?...

Is it ture that if you are sitting at a red light and you take your foot off the gas petel?
Is it true that in New York, if you are sitting at a red light and you take your fooot off the gas petel and creep just a little bit, and then put your foot back on the breaks, is it coincidered ...

How to get speedbumps installed on city and neighborhood roads?
I would like to get speedbumps installed on city and neighborhood roads in my area. I live in Georgia and would like to know how I would go about the speedbumps.

T...

Why are most car washes dimly lit?

What areyour biggest pet peaves while driving?
I hate when I am already going WAY over the speed limit and someone is tailgating me!
I also hate it when I get to the stop sign just moments before someone else and they wave at ME to go when ...

What's worse: a car accident or a gun accident?

How can I calm myself down while driving?
So, usually I am a very calm, outgoing and fun guy. But whenever I get behind the wheel of a car I loose all patience and flip out. Recently I got into a fenderbender(he hit me) and I went berserk, ...

At a corner with no lights or stop sign - who has the right of way?
My husband told me the drivers that don't have the dip have the right of way, but I've seen some corners with no lights or stop signs and no dips....

Do USA cars have daytime running lights?
How do you feel about driving with lights on during the day?...

Why are almost all car crashes called accidents?
I was in a car crash a week ago and that was an accident but why are almost all crashes called accidents when plenty of them aern't. sometimes people mean for it to happen....

How do I use my engine to break?
I have an automatic. If I didn't want to burn out my brakes while constantly going downhill, what would be the best way to use my engine for breaking?

My gearbox looks like this:

Do you think they will start putting seatbelts in all schoolbuses after that 6 person fatality accident?
Since they make everyone else in cars buckle up...
Additional Details
and i know it was a college but the fact still remains that most schoolbuses don't' even have seatbelts. I...

Splashing pedestrians on rainy days...?
Who else loves to go around splashing water with your wheels to unawared pedestrians on rainy days?...

How far does a car need to stay away from a fire hydrant?

If guardrails were high voltage and had sharp spikes, would lives be saved?
Soft guardrails, and break-away posts are causing many more deaths...shouldn't we try some serious incentives on the side of our freeways?

What is the best way to cross a dark, busy highway in the middle of the night?

What can possibly cause an 18-wheeler to fail its brakes ?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, August 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links