Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

What kind of car seat should i have for my 5 year old?
Find answers to your legal question.

What kind of car seat should i have for my 5 year old?

shes in a booster with no back but i think she should have a back..alothough i dont want to go buy a $50 car seat with the back if shes not going to use it long....

StymieHo
It doesnt matter what kind you get... If it says DOT Approved... you got a good product.

Just my words
I'm so sorry you have even had to ask this question.. But more Sorry that you have to internet and have not used it to look up all the info on the local sites.......

Please Please for you're child's safety Look over the following site / Link below.. You will not be sorry this i Promise you..

http://www.kyledavidmiller.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmD1_DxM8GI&NR=1

Good Luck
Tonya

ketchupklf
She will need a booster seat for *years* still... most children do not outgrow the need for a booster till they are between 8 and 10 yrs old. Don't be fooled by the state laws that may allow them to be out of boosters sooner... the laws of Physics don't care what state you live in. http://www.carseat.org/Boosters/630.html

That said, she's actually better off in a *harnessed* carseat that will convert to a high back or low back booster. Every step 'up' in carseats is a step down in safety. Even race car drivers use a 5 point harness when they drive because they are *safer*... so as long as a seat exists that will keep your child harnessed it would be best to use that.

I would recommend the 'Graco Nautilis'... it will go all the way till she is really ready for an adult seat belt. At around $150 it is the cheapest seat on the market that will harness past 40 pounds. I know that is pricey... but if you search youtube a bit you will find several videos made by grieving parents who are trying to save others from losing a child by putting that child in a booster too soon.

Hope that helps!

SouthernRose
Even though a high back booster or a harnessed seat that goes to a high weight limit is best, as long as the seat back you have the booster it high backed and her neck is not above the seat and the seat belt comes across her chest and not her neck and the lap belt is across her legs and she is in tight she is o.k. in a backless. Also if she is small for her age, a high backed or harnessed seat might be better. You can also buy a booster with a back that will detach. I can't remember the name, but I think Graco makes them.

rrachellh
just get one with no back
you might be able to find one for cheap at a
baby resale place.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What do these road signs mean?
I'm in Europe (France) and there are these road signs that confuse me. They are white diamonds with yellow diamonds inside. Does anyone have any idea what they mean?...

Do a lot of bicyclists where you live ride on the wrong side of the road?

Tow ball weight safe ?
I have added a heavier outboard motor and battery to my boat(4.3 meters 14 feet)) and that weight is acting as a counterbalance and now the tow ball weight is 25kg (55lb),I'm worried it's ...

I'm really nervous about driving a huge expedition?
how do i get rid of the nerves? i'm going to have to drive an expedition and it makes me feel reaallly small, like i don't have control over it. im afraid i'll hit someone. anyone have ...

Is it true that the driving age in the UK is changing?
i have heard that the driving age is being put up to 18. is this true? and when will it take affect?...

What is the best way to get over a patch of ice?
My apartment complex refused to take care of the snow in the parking lots. It has since melted and froze into a 6 inch block of ice. I drive a delta 88 with rwd....
Additional Details
I...

Why do UPS drivers and others not close their doors, even at 70 mph? Is this not dangerous?

Additional Details
How could seat belt help if their truck flips over at high speeds or some piece of metal flies into the cabin?...

Dangerous working condition?
I feel bad for asking, but I work with a man who only has one arm. We are valet drivers at a very high volume valet garage. This guy has had several accidents, but stretched out over several years, ...

Do you think my 5 year old is to little to ride in the front seat even in a car seat?
My husband just bought me a 4-door blazer for me and my kids. The problem is its only a 5 passenger vehicle and we have 4 children. Do you think my 5 year old is to little to ride in the front seat ...

Is there a fund for hang up and drive or for any cell phone use while driving?
im doing a project and i need to have at least one fund
Additional Details
like there is a fund to prevent drunk driving is there one to prevent people from using cell phones while ...

Does the book (written by a cop) really have good information to beat the speeding ticket in court?
Is the book worth buying it?...

Can my Dodge Caravan pull a 2 horse bumper pull horse trailer with one horse in it?
I am wondering if my Dodge Caravan can pull a 2 horse trailer with one horse in it. Thanks!...

Absence from work due to road conditions?
Basically my question is: can i get into trouble because i cant come to work because i dont feel comfortable driving on the road, due to last nights heavy snow fall. The only reason why i decided to ...

Theory test, will this official DSA product give me all advantages to pass?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/...

Hey is there any rule in indian traffic rules for zebra crossing?
hi.tell whether we have any rule in indian traffic rules like this:
any vehicle (except ambulance) should stop, if somebody stands on the zebra crossing to cross the road
Additional D...

DSA what should I order? driving theory test Q.?
I have ordered the DVD value back for about £25 and then the Book that covers the theory questions and explanation from DSA.

I am wondering if I should need to order some traffic signbook?<...

Can a Smith & Wesson model 500 revolver bullet pierce through a gas tanker and cause it to blow up?
The smith and wesson model 500 is the "most powerful production revolver in the world today" i had an argument with a friend and he said that the most powerful hadgun cannot pierce through ...

Causes and prevention of traffic congestion?
please explain in detail how these help create traffic congestion:
- accidents
-pedestrians
-road junctions

how do these help reduce traffic congestion?
-parking ...

If you are involved in a skid, what should you NEVER do?
A. Ease your foot off the gas pedal

B. Try to maintain control of the vehicle

C. Lock your ...

Do i need a normal or extended retest?
Hi Guys
I was unfortunate enough to acquire 6 points within my first 2 years of driving, through technicalities but all the smae i have accepted the consequeces and have had my license revoked.<...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links