Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

What to do if your vehicle stalls while driving on a highway? What is an off-road recovery and how is it done?
Find answers to your legal question.

What to do if your vehicle stalls while driving on a highway? What is an off-road recovery and how is it done?

What should you do if your car stalls while you're driving down a road? I don't mean what you should do after you've gotten off the road safely, but what you should do ON the road going at 50 mph when it stalls suddenly.

And what is an off-road recovery? If you know what it is, can you tell me how to preform one?

Thanks!

Emily
If your car stalls you should turn on your flashers, pull over slowly, and park of the shoulder of the road.

Off-road recovery if when you are somehow not on the should put completely off the pavement. The manual says not to panic and swerve back onto the road. You are supposed to drive until your car slows to about 25mph and then turn u wheel a quarter turn towards the road, so your tires can climb onto the pavement.

George A
Rating
Place car in neutral, turn on hazard flashers to warn the drivers behind you, apply brakes and slow vehicle down so you can safely pull onto the berm or shoulder of the road without flipping the car or crashing. Since almost all cars are equipped with power brakes, you will get just one easy push on your brake pedal. If you release the brake and go to re-apply your brakes you will need to press very hard to compensate.

An off road recovery is just that- the vehicle is off the road. The vehicle may be over an embankment, ran off the road and ended up in a hay field, etc. Techniques vary upon the location of the vehicle, whether the vehicle is on it's wheels, side or top and other hazards to name a few.

Your all morons
Rating
ok, first you put the gear shifter in (N) and coast, safely coming to a stop at the side of the road.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Ok have pass my driving test?
so how do you over come getting in the car on your own with out thinking your doing it wrong and thay are all looking at ...

If someone gets hit by a car, what do you do?
how do you help them until help arrives?...

Question for a novel I'm writing?
Someone is driving on the freeway. Without noticing, they take their foot off of the gas pedal. They slow down and car driving behind them hits them. Make sense?...

A Safe Way to Be In A Car Accident? Details?
I love my best friend. But she's not the best driver. It's not like she's being careless but she just doesn't have good reaction times. She's had accidents before and it ...

If says no commer plates in driveway or street can someo pick u up in them?

What would you do if you were in a car caught in a flash flood and the car was moving in water?

How reliable is four wheel drive in the snow when stopped on a hill?
Last year, I was driving a two wheel drive SUV through Tahoe when I was on a hill. I stopped to let another car go past, and then my tires got stuck. This year, I was planning on purchasing a four ...

Why is there braile on the drive up ATM?
I realize that you can walk up to an atm but still what blind person can tell the difference between a bank and a regular builiding

NO OFFENSE TO THE BLIND...

Can replacement car seat covers be used with side airbags?
Hi, I have a new car and it is fitted with side curtain airbags which are located in the seats. Is it still alright for me to protect the car seats with replacement car seat covers or will they ...

Fatal bicycle vs. telephone pole?
has anyone ever heard of a fatal bicycle vs. telephone accident? is it even possible since the average person can only peddle up to 10 -20 mph at the most?...

Alcohol Use in teenagers?
Need percentage of alcohol use in 8th, 10th and 12th graders....

Can you ever make a left turn on a red light and if so when?
I'm in California if it matters....

LA City parking violation: MC 80.69B ?
What kind of a LA City parking violation is
MC 80.69B ?...

What are the consequences of driving underage without a permit or license in illinois?
What are the consequences of driving underage without a permit or license in illinois?...

If there is a power cut what happens at level rail crossings where the power cut is?

Are there any baby/toddler seat that fit in the middle back seat?
The middle seat only has a lap belt & not a 3 point seatbelt.
(I know i've already asked this Q but thought i would post in car safety as well as Newborn & baby)
Additional D...

Winter Tires vs all year round tires?
i need to know the difference my grandma says that all year round tires don't work in the winter i need the best ...

I need serious help I'm TERRIFIED TO DRIVE!?
Ok well I got my learners like 10months ago and I've NEVER drove. Most of my grade already have their licenses and are already driving themselves to school. This makes me feel really REALLY sad ...

What do I need to become a 4WD tour driver in the UK or Australia?

Would this be street legal?
I have been interested in designing cars only one problem i am not a designer at a car company yet. I love my design and i want to take the body off of a different car change its frame a bit then ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, September 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links