Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Who gets the seat belt ticket?
Find answers to your legal question.

Who gets the seat belt ticket?

Alright so let's say I'm driving, and the person in the passenger seat doesn't have their seat belt on. I get pulled over. On the state of Texas, who gets the ticket? Me or the individual without the seatbelt?

CoffeeKat
Rating
I'm assuming it's the driver. You are responsible for the passengers. Just like an open container law, I had a friend whose passenger was holding a open beer (no drunk driving was going on). And the driver indeed did get a ticket.

Jim J
Rating
Usually it depends on the age of the passenger. If it's a minor, the driver is responsible. Otherwise, it's the passengers ticket.

JT B ford man
you are the driver of the car however you must instruct your passenger to buckle up or pay the fine, You will get the ticket, I always tell my passenger to buckle up or pay the fine, Now I don,t know about Texas but her in GA you will get the ticket, buckle-up. good luck

timmy
depends on how old they are, the driver will get the ticket if there is a young person with the seat belt off

tweed801
TX the driver

Silverstang
Rating
Not sure on Texas, But some states get the driver.

Jenna
Not sure about Texas. South Africa the driver gets the ticket.

getthingsgoing
Rating
if they are over 16, they get the ticket. if they are unde 16, YOU get the ticket.

JAMES S
Rating
The driver is always responsible for the safety of the vehicle and passengers.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

0 to 60 mph in 7 seconds to fast for 16 year old?

Help! do you look to the right or left first when crossing a crosswalk? intersection?
Help! in u.s, california,
please help@@@ in u.s , californiawhich way do u look first? left or right? in intersections? in crosswalks? and in railroad crossings? please ...

Why do they say you shouldn't fill up your car in the daytime?

I'm moving cross country, planning to rent a u-haul trailer to pull behind my truck.?
What I'm reading online is reccomended speed 45mph, max 55mph.....am I really going to have to cross the country that slowly? Or is it ok to haul them (a 5x8 trailer) at normal speed limit (70 ...

How safe are seat belts?
i do not believe that seat belt are always ...

When should you turn on your blinker? distance wise.?
I've heard of people getting points off on their drivers tests when they turn their blinkers/signal on too early. When is the right time? distance wise....

"Lost control of vehicle"....you hear it all the time.?
What does this mean. Everytime there's a major and/or fatal accident, the news reports it as, "The driver, lost control of the vehicle." How does this happen?? Are there critical ...

Some cars are designed to go almost 2X the max speed limit in the whole country. Why build cars this way?
Why not only build cars to only go 120kmh. This will reduce so many accidents and problems on the road with people speeding. 0nly government vehicles such as ambulances etc... should be made so that ...

Motorway road charges?
can someone tell me why Alistair,the Darling thinks that motorway congestion can be eased by charges.Try teaching the 80 per cent of idiot drivers to get into the correct lane having past 10 miles of ...

Painting Crash Helmets?
Does painting a crash helmet reduce the effectiveness or make it more brittle?

I know it used to back in the day. (70-80's)...

If air bags did not deploy when we hit another car. at about 55mph. is chevey liable for a law suite?
we where both hurt but nothing ...

What can I do about people speeding up and down my road?
I live right outside of city limits. Literally one block. There are no speed limit signs (like that would stop anyone) and no sidewalks. But half the town has no sidewalks. I walk most every day, ...

Is it illegal to have a child under 5 in the front seat of a car in a car seat?

Additional Details
ok a little confused now in the UK is it illegal then?...

When driving why is using cell phone dangerous?

Waht is rubbernecking?
i took my permit test and it said "avoid rubbernecking at construction sites"

what exactly is rubbernecking?...

I have to write a essay. do you think that the drivers license law should be 16 or 18?
i need reasons and i need u to be spasific to why or why not
i also need to know why teenagere want to get there drivers license so early
thank for all your ...

Is it legal to drive a car that is crabbing on the road?
no mot on car due for 2 1/2 yrs, would it fail the mot?
Additional Details
which question are you saying yes to driving on the road or mot?...

Can cell phones REALLY cause explosions at the gas station?

Trying to convince mom silver cars are just as safe as anything else?
so i'm shopping for a car and the one i'm really interested in is silver....the only thing is ...my mom is convinced that you cant see the silver on the road and things it unsafe and wont ...

Rear shock absorbers ?
what are these. ive heard of them ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, November 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links