Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Why are my tires so loud when i drive straight and go quiet when I turn right?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why are my tires so loud when i drive straight and go quiet when I turn right?

Additional Details
95 licoln mark 8. tires appear to be in good shape.

juno622
If you turn your radio up louder - you won't hear the tire noise and everything will be OK.

kykygoo
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND I AM WARNING YOU NOW TO GET THAT FIXED OR GET A NEW CAR---
it is caused from tight valvs on the car and if you dont do something about it now it will explode when you turn and that is what happened to me, i can no longer move anything except my fingers
its horrible really'
BE CAREFUL DONT DIEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve
most likely,the tires are wearing unevenly. And you need an alignment. Look and see if tread on tires are even all the way around, or when you let go of the steering wheel does the vehicle pull or go to the left or right. If so time for an alignment.

Jake
when you are going down the road straight all your treads are hitting the road... which make noise.. when you turn the corners or tire are he only thing hitting the road.. equaling less noise.. My 2000 jeep has 34" tires and it is extremely loud goin straight...

done wrenching
Maybe you have a wheel bearing going bad, possibly the right front.

jeepgirl0385
Rating
It depends on the type of tire you are running and how worn it is. The size of the lugs in the tread play a part. A mud terrain is going to be much louder than a performance tire.

Tires are also made of different rubber compounds, and softer and harder rubbers, depending on their intended use.

The way the tread connects with the ground while going straight is different then turning, and also the rate at which the lugs are hitting decreases while turning...which all affect the noise the tires make.

'Lissa
Rating
you probably need new brakes.

cheergal4
not sure

Lemar J
Rating
The only explaination is the tread on the tire. You don't mention what vehicle you drive or the tires or your driving style. But that is the simple answer.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would allowing overtaking on either side on the motorways ease congestion by stopping twits hogging the middle
I absolutely hate people who don't return to the left mand lane after overtaking or who hog the middle lane....

How to turn on window wipers on car?
need answer ...

Why do so many people die in traffic accidents?

If I am pulling out of a parking spot and I hit the curb does that make me a bad driver?
Ok you have to remember that I just got my license about 2 weeks ago and also keep in mind I'm not good at all at judging if my car is straight or if my car is close enough to the curb.

Is it true that in order to find out which side of the car your gas tank is on all you need to do is look at y
Is it true that in order to find out which side of the car your gas tank is on while sitting in the car just look at your gas guage. Just look at the little gas pump shown next to your gas guage ...

Why do people drive with no seat belt on and use a mobile at the same time?
I see it all the time, and passengers as well. Doesn't matter how old they are or what kind of car they drive. I walk more than I drive my car so when crossing junctions I see it all the time. I...

What driving law that drivers ignore annoys you the most?
The law the drivers ignore that drives me nuts is the "left lane for passing" law, also known as the "slower traffic keep right law." I find that most people don't even know ...

Why don't they make airplanes with giant parachutes to match the weight of the plane?
At least for the part that the people are in or the entire plane. If there was a problem just deploy the shute and float to the ground....

I'm at a red light, first in line. A fire truck approaches from behind me, siren blaring. What do I do?

Additional Details
There's a lot of traffic in both directions, and I need to know if I have to wait for the light to change, and block the fire truck, or move ahead into the ...

What is the best advice you could give someone who is about to take their driving test?
There is an 8 week waiting list to take my test, so i have 8 weeks to prepare.

I am currently having a 3 hour lesson once a week with my instructor (please dont tell me to have more ...

Plane Crash. OH MY GOD what we gonna do?
BBC breaking news a plane has landed safely no one seriously injured but bbc see it as a major incodent live feeds in depth interviews, emergency phone numbers, My god i had a pucture yesterday im ...

I dnt want to offend any1 but what do u think of drivers above the age of 60?
i was just drivin down the road an sum guy scared the live out of me. i was driving down a dual carriage way an he just started to drive in to my car takin no notice i had to speed up so he didnt hit ...

Just been travelling behind driver with green "P" plate on rear window signifying new driver. She was
straddling the centre white line in the road, travelling at 22mph, and eventually pulled into the side of the road with no indicator and stopped on a sharp bend causing havoc. Would you have given ...

If it's against the law to drive anywhere in the US over 65 mph, then why are car speedometers over 100 mph?

How do i open a car door?

Why is dat you r driving and lookin for an address, u turn down the volume on the radio?

I perform flatulence in other people's cars. Am I suppose to ask them to pull over on the interstate or what?!

How do you feel about drivers on hand held cell phones?

How did you learn to ride a two wheeler? Bicycle?
What is the best and safest way to teach a child to ride a two wheel bicycle? Helmets?...

Have you tried the spray you put on your number plate which makes it invisible to speed cameras?
(I think its illegal.)
Additional Details
PS. I've not been "done".

Prevention is better than cure!...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links