Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Why are we taught to look left, right, then left again when crossing an intersection?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why are we taught to look left, right, then left again when crossing an intersection?

Why not look right, left, then right?

luger
only in countries with right hand drive
In England you would do the oppisite

Rini
Rating
Because the cars coming from the left are closer to you. You have a better chance of getting hit by them first.

bc.16.candyshop
Rating
because you have to cross across the path of the left car first, and then the right car, and you have to double check the left side

?
Rating
because we could get hurt if we look up and down.

ImAMinionRaWWr
Because cars would be coming towards your left which would be your side of the road.
Sillyy.

lonewolf
So we don"t get hit you goofy girl ! The left is the side the traffic would be nearest.

Jackolantern
It's easier to get hit from the left. If you pull out in front of a car coming from the right the distance from you and the car is greater than one coming from the left and both you and the other driver has more time to avoid the accident. That's why you look left twice.

UCANTCME
Because a couple of seconds have passed and a speeding vehicle could be coming on the left side.

Genie C
because traffic comes up faster on the left, and when crossing an intersection, the left in the first lane you cross, so you wanna make double sure it is clear!

Scott H
Rating
Because you would get hit by a vehicle coming from your left first, since that's the first side of the road you cross.

old man
Rating
ur sitting on the left side and if something started coming when u turned to look right u would get hit on ur side.

tucker b
Because if you don't then you might get in a car accident and get killed BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T LOOKING IN TO SEE IF THERE WHERE ANY CARS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Lucky Guy
look up, down then up again
that's the perfect way of crossing lol

chicago_bears_19_07
y not look right , left?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why do so many people tailgate and generally risk their lives to get a whole car length in front of you?

What is the most ridiculous thing you have seen a driver was doing while driving?

What about "slip-lane sidlers" who force you to speed up, slow down or move over?

Additional Details
Excuse me, but why should there be any slamming of brakes necessary? Surely the purpose of the slip road is for those joining the main road to adjust their speed?...

On highway, before change lane,found one car on my blind spot, what should I do?
accelerate and pass the the car on my blind spot then change lane or release the gas pedal let him pass first and then change lane?...

When are kids allowed to sit in the front seat?

How old do you think the person driving should be?
does the person have to be 18years or ...

Is there a time limit for how long you have to stop at a stop sign?
My friend got a ticket for not stopping at a stop for 3 seconds according to the cop, and I was wondering if this was an actual rule or not?

I do think he as just being racist towards her ...

Work out the stopping distance for a car travelling at 80mph?
i need to see how you worked out please
thank ...

What should I do to keep me occupied on a 5 hour car drive?
the car ride will be from baton rouge to memphis and it is tommorow so I need quick answers!

heres what im bringing:

note my dad took away my ipod so thats not an option right ...

Who has the right away when there's no stop sign nor yield at an intersection?

What happens if you fall asleep in the backseat of a taxicab?

Why is it that schoolbusses don't have booster seats or seatbelts, yet they're ok?
I think if state law is going to require for us to have them in our cars and vehicles, it should be the same for the school busses our kids ride in everyday.
(And by the way, I think it's a ...

Why don't auto makers "lock" the speed after a certain limit? It could prevent accidents due to speeding.

Additional Details
Thanks for the answers...wow! they were posted within 10 minutes of my asking the question.

Anyways some points to consider - I think a lock at 90 mi/hr ...

Help! I feel like such a screw up... my car got towed last night from a club parking lot.?
I didn't know that about a week ago, the owner's of this business started towing people who used their parking lot after-hours to go to the club next door. I usually can cut myself slack by ...

Is It legal to ride a motorcycle without protective gear in England?
when i say protective gear i don't mean a helmet i just mean all the leathers and padding. can you ride a motorcycle without having them legally?...

Why do we have to turn off our cell phones of aeroplanes while airborne?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
i crashed my pa's car and dont wanna ttell him bc im drunk and 14 help me!!...

Why don't Taxi Drivers get caught speeding?
Especially on Friday and Saturday nights. They're trying to rush round picking up and dropping off customers (some whom have no sense of speed because they're intoxicated) Yet they are a ...

Why do streetlamps always turn off whenever I walk under them??
Just like the elevator doors - they always close as I'm getting on! Man, what's up with that???...

How do sandbags in your car trunk help in the winter?
Explain on the basis of physics why it makes sense to put sandbags in your car trunk.

Specify what changes: the front wheels, the back wheels?

Should you do this with a vehicle ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links