Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Why does my car wobble on the freeway ?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why does my car wobble on the freeway ?

Drving at 65-70mph. I have a 2002 Corolla.

abfabmom1
Besides all of the other answers that suggest it's your tires (very common problem, really), it could also be your motor mounts. My car used to wobble, but only when I was going between 50 and 65 mph...Faster or slower and it would go away. Turns out it was relative to how much torque was being applied, and the new motor mounts made the problem go away.

RolliNStoNeD
Rating
Most likely balance issue, tires have weights on them to balance them sometimes they fall off causing it to wobble best thing to do is get them balanced for free where u bought them from or else it will ware ur tire down alot faster.

cddragonslayer1
Rating
It could be a few things.

Low and/or uneven tire pressure.
Wheels out of Balance.
Wheels in need of an alignment.
Sometimes a tire may have a bubble in it causing a bumpy feeling on the pavement.

matt
Rating
The wheels probably need to be balanced. Also make sure they have proper air pressure.

Eric D
Rating
check wheel bearings, your tire balence.

Matthew J
Rating
Tires! Positively! I had the same problem with my car. I couldn't find out what it was, but it only happened between 72-above. I change the tire and it was gone. I hope this helps-Matt

Camaro355Z/28
Rating
rebalance your tires

pippiegrl
Rating
could have something to do with your tires or the alignment.

nigel w
Rating
maybe your drunk

LuLu
Rating
Could be tire issues.

will r
If you recently put custom wheels on That could be the problem.Since aftermarket parts do not adjust to a stock automobile you might need hub centers.

Jerry425
A lot of things can make your car wobble. For me, I once had a broken tie rod that was not noticed until I had my struts changed. Another time it was a suspension coil. Sometimes uneven tires can contribute. Waaay too many possibilities.

Dr.H.Davis
My friend went to Poop Boys(mistake)and got a new altenator.Drove off and immediatley her steering wheel -and car -began to wobble!I say they sabotaged her car as she was a single young female.Too much of a 'coincidence!'Now they try and sell her tires and shocks inspite of the fact all was well until she went to their hell shop! STAY away from Poop Boys their whole company are crooks including corportate.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Seriously why do the cops never seem to ticket tailgating drivers?
these ignorant and self centered drivers are creating a very dangerous situationa and I get blood in my eyes when I see this its also a cause of deadly road rage, so why haven't the cops ...

I have battery acid in my back seat. Can I make the seat safe again?
The acid ate through the leather and burned the foam. If I put baking soda on it, will it be safe to cover and sit on again? Should I use dry baking soda or a water solution to soak into the foam? ...

Is it Safer to drive with or without Music/Radio playing?

Does any one knows the answer to this questions?
1) Two general points to remember for recovering from skids are: keep your eyes pointed in the direction you want to go and you will automatically steer there, and…………….

do not ...

Words of wisdom anyone?
I crashed(nothing major) my car yesterday after heading into a turn too fast. It was a beautiful car that i loved and now i put a dent in it.

I cant help feeling like im an idiot.

If wishes are horses and a fairy dies everytime you sneeze...?
Then what on earth happens to pixies when you take a dump?...

Does anyone know the proper way to hold the steering wheel for a New York State road test?
I have to take this test on Friday, I drive good but how should I hold my hands on the wheel, also when I turn left or right for the test should it be hand over hand or ...

Is it only in the U.S or is it universal where people dont want to stop for ambulances?
I know in the U.S. from experience majority of drivers dont pull over and some even get mad because they have to slow down for an ambulance.
Additional Details
To Pumkin Pie, I like to ...

If you are paralysed say from a car crash can you still speak?
I'm writing a short story to do with a car crash ward at a Hospital. And i need one person who can not move but talk....

Raising the driving age to 18 what will this bring ?
do you think this will do any good ? because what is funny is in Germany they have just lowered the age to 17 for the same reasons , who is right here ?...

Why dont drivers use their BRIGHT LIGHTS on the sark highways(usa roads)?
is it against the law?if you cant use the bright lights,what is the use to have them on cars?
Additional Details
dark not sark ...

What's the benefits of having anti-lock brakes? can you please explain in details?
and I'm 18 driving about a year and an half now, do you think you think i need it?...

When do you think a person should get a car?
i wanna get a car when i turn 16. do you think that is a good age? and also, what is a safe car and also looks nice in your opinion?...

The parking of vehicles on footpaths?
is this illegal & can anyone be forced to take ...

How do you sneak out with an alarm system?
mhm you should definetly help us :]...

Do you put the car in neutral if you are stopping on ice?

Do you think speed camera cause or prevent accident?

How fast is too fast? When to back off?
The SCENARIO;

Interstate OR Trans Canada Highway
No traffic
No cops
Perfect weather
Straight road
Open speed limit
No passengers

At what speed ...

How does the number of passengers in your car increase your risk of getting into an accident?

Is it now time for the whole world to change over to driving on the left?
Science shows it would prevent millions of accidents.

When changing gear in a UK car with the steering wheel on the right, your left hand changes gear and your right hand stays on the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links