Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Why "AMBULANCE" is written as mirror image in front of ambulance ?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why "AMBULANCE" is written as mirror image in front of ambulance ?

i saw many ambulances vehicles with a writing in front of it as mirror image but don't know what is purpose of it

Oreo
Rating
Well firstly, here in Perth, we have to give way to an Ambulance at all times, even at a red light, it's written backwards so that you can see it at the rear view mirror as if it's normal, instead of wasting your time trying to read it!

Kris B
Rating
So you can read it in your rearview mirror if one's behind you. Then you'll know you have to pull over to give the ambulance passage.

Ganapathy J
The purpose is to let the vehicle in front know the ambulance is behind and should be given way. The letters appear as Ambulance in proper fashion in the reflection of the mirror of the vehicle in the front. The driver thus will come to know and give way to the Ambulance.

Kevin
Rating
Imagine your sitting in a drivers seat loking in the rear view mirror and an ambulance comes up behind you...

Animesh
So that if an ambulance is coming to overtake you and honks you from
backside den you dont waste time in manipulating the word ambulance.

Adi
Rating
it is written so becos the images in the mirror look inverted .so when the vehicle is going in front of the ambulance than the mirror image of the word "ambulance " will appear to him correctly and he will give side to the vehicle.

Lvin
Rating
When you are driving in front of the Ambulance and you look into your rear view mirror, the mirrored image on the ambulance will turn out correct from your rear view mirror. That way, you can interpret the words quickly and immediately give way to the ambulance.

conduit
When an ambulance comes up behind you and you look in the rear vision mirror you will be able to read it clearly because it is a mirror image of a reverse image so it will be the right way around and readable.

FlyingPenguin
Rating
so if u look in your rear view mirror it is right

Sami A
so u car read it looking through your rear view mirror

uncle cyril
I would like to add one more sentence to what every one has rightly said is that the idea of mirror image is to convey message to everyone in the front to give way.

tnuc_denots_gnikcuf
Rating
so when you see it in your rear view mirror, it is not mirrored, it's normal.

bungee
you must be the only person left in the world unable to figure this one out<

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can car drivers wear helmets instead of seatbelts like motorcyclists?
Not that I would prefer it, just a tought....

Should bicycles be banned from the city?
Should bicycles be banned from the city?
The accident rates are very high. If we save one child from being hurt, that would make it worth while.
Additional Details
Yes I can see ...

Is this an appropriate post?
> State Police Warning (serious)
>
> DON'T FLASH HEADLIGHTS AT ANY CAR WITH NO LIGHTS ON
>
> Police officers working with the DARE program have issued this<...

I am so stupid...made first big driving error?
I just obtained my permit 16 days ago after completeing my 30 hour driving classes. So far, I've only been driving around my small town and practicing at stop signs and lights to get a feel for ...

I would like to know how many people on hear have driven a car while useing a mobile phone?

Do airbags ever jam when they should deploy?
Details will be apriciated....

Why aren't there special passing lanes for emergencies?
How come there aren't any special lanes for firetrucks, ambulances, police cars, or any other type of special emergency?
Wouldn't it be a lot easier for them to get by rather than ...

This guy honked at me and waved his arms and yelled and stuff when i was at a stop sign, for no reason.?
does anyone else get road rage when people honk and yell for no reason?
Additional Details
he was just like "Hey!!!" and looked mad pissed and ...

What is the legal speed limit for a seven and half ton truck ?

At high speeds, a car can __________ water as little as one half inch deep.?
At high speeds, a car can __________ water as little as one half inch deep.
A. float on
B. drive through
C. increase traction on

also

When you introduce alcohol ...

Can a 4 yr old weighing over 45 lbs sit in the front seat with a booster seat?

Why are windscreens made of glass ?
surely, wouldn't perspex be a better material to use ?...

Help needed with annoyin neighbours?
Our next door neighbour has a Mitsubishi Delica that complety blocks my view and i cannot get off of my drive. The car is parked on the street. It doesnt help that the car has tinted black windows so ...

Why would he follow me?
so i'm driving to church w/ the top down....

i notice a ford explorer keeping pace w/ me. i don't look and keep going. he's staying w/ me for a mile @ about 70 mph. i get ...

Why do people like to speed up when someone can pass them and slow down on the double yellows?
i was following someone today and they were going 40-45 in a 55 and as soon as we hit a spot where i could pass them the sped up to 55-60...then as soon as we hit a double yellow/solid on our side ...

Why aren't there seat belts on the school bus?
I think it's ridiculous! We make our kids buckle in the car. Why is it the one vehicle that transports our most precious cargo hasn't taken the responsibility and added seat belts to the ...

If drinking and driving is iilegal, why do bars have parking lots?
just ...

PLEASE READ, ESPECIALLY WOMEN, New ways to do car jackings.. BEWARE....?
>> > BEWARE OF PAPER IN THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE

>> > NEW WAY TO DO CAR JACKINGS

>> > (NOT A JOKE)

>> > Heads up ...

Has anyone else seen women drive on the road with NO hands on the wheel to fix their hair?
Today, I saw a woman that I am guessing was in her middle 20's driving in the left lane of a 40 mph speed limit two lane road going 50mph with BOTH hands off the wheel while she was doing her ...

I lost my gas cap at the gas station...what do I do?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links