Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Cars & Transportation Safety

Why should you check your rear view mirror before you brake to a stop?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why should you check your rear view mirror before you brake to a stop?

frankozz69
to see if the guy behind you is distracted, and did not see you brake, so if possible you can avoid a collision, its not a matter if its your fault or not, if an accident can be avoided you should try and avoid it safely, if not, brace yourself.

brotherlove@sbcglobal.net
as a motorcyclist, I check my mirror and adjust my braking so at to not get hit.

Porterhouse
to see if someone is following too closely. it's still their fault in the event of an accident, but its better to look and be prepared to move if it's a large vehicle.... think contractor Dually Pick-up & Cell Phone.... VERY common problem around Tampa FL

adkfoaiefnafedw
Rating
To check and see if the person behind you is braking as well.

Raissa W
Rating
To see if you being tailgated, so before you even have to brake, you need to check if being followed too close, then you can increase your following distance of the car in front of you.

♪♫NeLkA♫♪
Rating
So if there is a car behind you, you will know how hard to stop cause if you stop hard the car behid you will bump you in the bumper. :D

dardar
Rating
To see if the driver behind you is stopping as well...if not, hit the deck!

red_Al
to make sure the guy behind is not so close to you or so distracted that he will hit you when you break.

More than once I had to hunk to make the guy behind react to my rear breaking light !! Matter of fact, now that I think about it, cars should have a rear end mounted horn for those ocassions.

Julio
Rating
Honestly...no clue....if someone hits you...its not your problem

cici
If you encounter something in front which needs you to stop, you need to make sure to give a glance to the mirror to check your back and then stop when it is safe to do. This is what my instructor told me. I disagreed. This is in essence - you are OK to hit somebody in front to avoid being hit from behind. But I needed to show this ridiculous mirror checking repeatedly to pass the practical test.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What authority gave railroads the right of way at crossings?

What happens when a dead body can't be extracted from a car after an accident?
Does the body and the car get towed to the medical examiners?...

Which side of the road to walk on?
When walking on a two lane country road (for exercise) which side of the road should one walk on. Which side when walking the curve and which side when on the straight away? The road is not that busy ...

What do they put on the roads when it snows?

OK, so I'm in a car. Beside me on my right going the same speed as me is a fire truck?
In front of me is a horse going the same speed as me. In back of me is another horse going the same speed as me. On my left there is a drop off of 1 foot! How do I get out of this dangerous situation?...

Have you had more accidents with youths than adults on the roads?
People say, youths or young adults(<25) are worst drivers, i want to know how many accidents are down to youths and how many are ...

How old should a child be to ride in the front passenger seat of a car?

Additional Details
I'm in the UK, by the way, so maybe some US laws don't apply here....

Do they take points off your license for talking on a cell phone while driving?
NYC...

What is the best method to correct oversteer in a rear wheel car?

So how do we fix the fact that ppl don't use turn signals?
Now that we (we, being the responsible drivers that use our turn signals) fix the problem of drivers that don't use their turn signals when they're supposed to? It's a very frustrating ...

I live in a residential area where the speed limit is 35 mph people won't slow down!?
I live at the bottom of a hill,they have built new homes up the road from us and paved the road...now the road is a drag strip this road is a residential road which before the new homes were built ...

Is headlight tint illegal in Florida?
i want to tint my headlights and maybe tail lights but i need to know if it is illegal in Florida....

Besides fuelling road rage, what purpose do car horns serve?

Additional Details
Viking, you retard, I don't even HAVE a car....

Driving accident question?
Ok, this is a hypothetical question but:

If someone was crossing the street (jay-walking) and they got hit by a car, whose fault would it be? The pedestrian because the didn't use the ...

Is the carpool lane for big families...or is it for speeding??

Additional Details
Kiffin # 1...people in the car pool lane speed! (that's what I meant) they seem to think, that's what it's for....

Why we have right hand drive in some countries,when some have left drive?

Can they give u a ticket if u r sitting in a car, engine is on , not wearing a seat belt?
driver side
Additional Details
car is parked....

When two vehicles reach an intersection at the same time, which vehicle has the right of way?

What is the stopping distance for a car going at 50 mph?

Drivers test?
im 17 and i have went to take my driveres ed the written and i have failed it twice cuz i get nervous and i only fail it by one point over. what can i do to pass? i have studied many times....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, November 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links