Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

Adoption income requirements?
Find answers to your legal question.

Adoption income requirements?

I have read that American families must make a min. of 25-30K/yr. to qualify to adopt. Is this current income, average income, what? Also, do they take other factors into consideration, such as making less because you have few debts or you have money in the bank, etc? If it is average income, how long must you have had that income?

anastasia beaverhausen-the real1
Rating
Income Statements
You do not have to be rich to adopt; you just have to show you can manage your finances responsibly and adequately. (Some countries may have specific income requirements for intercountry adoption.) Usually, prospective parents are asked to verify their income by providing copies of paycheck stubs, W-4 forms, or income tax forms. Many agencies also ask about savings, insurance policies (including health coverage for the adopted child), and other investments and debts.

opedial
They look at how much you make in relation to how much you spend (bills vs. income) to see if you have enough to raise a child. They want stability above all else.

Zuko
Rating
Actually, 25-30,000 a year is below the average income. But Anastasia B. gave you some good info and a good link.

Randy B
Rating
As others have said, as long as you can show that you can support yourself, your family and any children you may adopt you will usually not have a problem. Within the scope of any State or Province there is usually quite a range of "cost of living" figures so in many cases minimums are not set. By that I mean that if you say you need to have a yearly income of $70 k based upon the cost of living in a major center that would exclude those who live in rural areas and who need less money to live just as well.

Do a self assessment and look objectively at whether or not you can comfortably support another child and if the answer is yes then chances are you should have no problem unless there is a specific rule. You will have to have documents though to show what you make.

MrsG-2B-6/19/10
where did you read 25-30K? I always read 35K or 10,000 per person in the house, including the child/children to be adopted at LEAST. For example, if it's a couple and they want to adopt one child they would have to make at least 30K, two children 40K etc. I don't know if there is a time limit you must have been making that much though.

Independ"ant"
Rating
You could compare it to the fraudulent mortgage business....actually, in too many cases...thats exactly what it is. Where there's a way...there's an AP/Pap trying to get around financial responsibility.

Many Aps that got kids from overseas didn't or are not paying for the fees they claim are astronomical. Taxpayers are flipping the bill.

Many Aps paid for the child juggling cash advances on credit cards or getting second mtgs. on their homes.

Who do you think pays the banks back...certainly not the Aps/Paps filing for bankruptcy or walking away/defaulting on their mtgs.

And yes many still got their 10,000 tax credit before filing for immunity.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Gay adoption in Florida?
Some states take a step backwards during the last election while Florida takes a step forward when its courts overturn a ban on gay adoptions. Do you think that the matter will end here or will ...

Was any part of your adoption reunion videotaped?
Thank you for commenting....

Can I adopt in the US yet...and if so how long on average will it take?
I am 25 years old and I have a two year old daughter. My husband and I have been married for seven years and been together for nine. We would really love to adopt a baby boy very soon to balance ...

Adopted 16 year old girl?
won't bore you with details but I have taken in a 16 year old girl after her parents have died and her remaining family couldn't care for her. My life is just turned upside down. She has ...

What adoption related laws would you change?
If you could make or change any 3 laws in reguards to adoption (either domestic, international, foster-adopt or just adoption in general) what would they be....

If the parents don't want a child and are going to send her to foster...?
If both parents don't want their 16 year old daughter and are going to send her to foster care is there a way they could just sign their rights over to another couple with out having tons of ...

A few international and domestic adoption questions?
in US domestic adoption do both parents need to be citizens? my husband will have his green card, but not be a citizen for about 3 more years (he's Welsh). And internationally is there a ...

Where can i get adoption papers?
My parents are willing to sign over the adoptions papers to them, considering the fact that my parents kicked me out of my house at 14 now it's been 5 months and i'm 15. But neither my ...

Adoptees: What is the level of pressure you felt to be a super kid for your adoptive parents...?
On a scale of 1-10 (1 being no pressure; 10 being HIGH pressure).

Also, what can an adoptive parent do to try to help their child not feel this kind of pressure?

Mothers are holidays hard on you?
Is it especially hard to deal with the holidays missing your child lost to adoption?

Adoptees, if you feel like you were nothing special and were not "chosen"...?
Then, does that affect your whole life? Will you ever feel special? My son is so important to me. I don't want him to feel like a leftover. He is NOT. He is awesome in every way. I ...

Adoption: Good or Bad? ?
DO you think adoption is a good idea?
What about gender discrimination?
Age discrimination?
Wealth Discrimination?
Psychological well being of the adopted kid?

So is A...

Do you think young adoptees fantasize more or less about...?
How their lives would have been if they know their natural families (the good and the bad parts) or does it make that much of a difference?...

NEED HELP!!! I have a presentation about citizenship through adoption and i need help?
I am doing a presentation on how to gain citizenship through adoption. I went onto USCIS, and none of it made sense.

the country I am looking at is Guatemala because , myself, was adopted ...

The right time off without losing one's job in the event of a birth or adoption is protected under which ?
A. FMLA B. EEOC C.ADA D.OSHA...

My friend gave up her son for adoption...can she get him back?
She lives in Missouri and thats where the adoption was too. It has been less than 2 months and it was becuase of friend and family pressure that she couldnt raise him but she feels she can. Is she ...

Adoption information for debate ?
Is there any studies, data, or a website that shows that adopted children are more likley to be unsuccessful compared to children who live with their biologically parents? I am doing a debate and I ...

Looking to adopt, please help?
Hi everyone, I would just like to know a little bit about adopting a baby/toddler? I am happily married, we have a little boy and would love more kids. I know there are alot of little children out ...

How to adopt without an agency in Indiana?
I am a 31 year old single woman. I have not been able to have children of my own. I don't believe I will ever be able to. I don't want to wait until I am too old to adopt and miss so ...

May I ask all the adoptees...?
Are you happy that you were adopted? Do you feel you had(or have) a full happy life, or would you rather stayed with your biological parent(s)? Just wondering, because I am adopted and I am happy ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links