Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

Adoption requirements?
Find answers to your legal question.

Adoption requirements?

I'm a 24 year old caring man from the US, Single. I do not tell alot of people that, or else they just call me a Child Molester. I am very good with children. I have also taken care of my younger brothers for long periods of time.

I have been thinking of adoption for a about a year, I went to alot of adoption sites to see requirements. I am in the military, so I suppose I will be supported financially, as shown on the page.

However, I'm confused of marriage. I have had girlfriends in the past but I guess it does not really matter.

It said on the Site, that ANYONE over 21, has no criminal record of Harming a child or other large cases, or a Citizen of the US is eligible to apply to adopt.

However I come on here, and it says I have to be married to adopt, but seriously, since when. I do not remember that being a requirement...

red elephants
In general you do not HAVE to be married to adopt a child but it does make it easier. Not all agencies or countries will adopt to single individuals regardless of if they are male or female.

Its typically easier for a single person to adopt through the states foster care system.

Even with agencies that agree to work with single individuals the birth parents usually prefer to adopt to married couples so your wait can be much much longer if are applying when single.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I gave my baby up for adoption 6 1/2 months ago..?
and I feel more depressed every day. I love him so much. I feel he will have a better life with his adoptive family than I could provide for him. I want him to have a father. I am 24, have a job and ...

Considering infant adoption, but would like to talk with birth mother!?
Been ttc sing Aug 2005, finally starting to pursue adoption. First, I need advice on which agency is best to go with, and second, I would much prefer to get to know the birth mother before the ...

I have a question about a foreign exchange student and adoption?
ok so this year our school had an exchange student from south korea...its now getting near the end of the school year and he is going back to korea for the summer but wants to come back next year and ...

Will this fire up the surrogacy trend?
What do you think about this?
Additional Details
http://omg.yahoo.com/new...

Adopting whilst training to be a Nurse in the UK?
would it be okay to start adoption proceedings whilst studying? I plan to take a break when the adoption is finalised....

Adoption: Does it matter if the child is a different race from the adoptive parents?

Adoption: Should adoption be allowed by women who have given a child away for adoption?

What is the best age to become an adoptive parent?
Apparently the average age is 37-40, but is this because of infertility and years of IVF failing or because they just want to adopt at this age? What is wrong with a fertile person adopting at age 25?...

Please help me find an adoption agency for my ants kids who died of aids specify for me how reach them?

Shouldn't someone tell her we want to adopt her? Isn't it her right to know we are here?
We have decided that we would like to adopt an older teen who is "aging" out of foster care. In the area we live in, there is not really an option to go to the classes. I have come across ...

Natural Mothers in reunion...?
How did the APs of your adult adoptee react toward your reunion?...

What steps does a single woman have to go through in adopting a baby?
Is it a difficult process and would a single woman be eligible?...

Paternity testing in the 70's?
I recently recieved a call from someone who believes he is my sibling.
I saw photos of him and he looks identical to my father.

now the story goes he( my father ) took the woman to ...

Did "nature" create infertile women to care for the children that are abandoned by their natural mothers?

Additional Details
Afterall, all children deserve a mother....

What do you (as people who can't have children) think of this question that an expectant mother asked?
http://answers.yahoo.com
I am just beyond disgusted at this person, am I overreacting?
Additional D...

What is the adoption awareness ribbon?
I can't seem to find it on google?...

Does Tricare cover special needs adoption surgery?
My husband and I are considering adopting a China special needs child. Does anyone know if Tricare covers special needs such as cleft palate or clubfoot surgeries? Any advice would be helpful. T...

New york law on adoption?
is adoption reverseable after a couples of ...

What do you know about infant splitting?
I'm doing a project for my class, and I am trying to find the easiest way to describe infant splitting to my class. I know it talks about the adoptee separating the "good mother" from ...

Does the father have to sign papers for an adoption?
My Fiance's ex girlfriend is pregnant with his fourth child from her, and this baby is getting put up for adoption. I was wanting to know if he signed the rights over to this child, if she could ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, September 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links