Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

Can single men adopt in Texas?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can single men adopt in Texas?

I know very little about adoption laws. But here is my reason for asking this question:
We have a friend (acquantance) who lives out of town. He came into town last night and we had dinner. He is single, 25, and financially stable. He claims he is adopting a daughter through CPS. He says he wants a child- and specified a daughter between the ages of 3-7. CREEPY to me. He talked all night about how he is having to move apartments to have a 2 bedroom, he is buying toys, etc. I hope to god this guy is lying to me. I do not know him well- he was in college with my husband and I, and his intentions seem honest, but surely a man cannot "request" a young girl and noone question this?? I am seriously considering calling CPS myself. Please tell me there is no way this could be true.
Additional Details
Tiffanie- I do not think it is an overreaction. Of course there is nothing wrong with a man wanting a daughter. I notice you are expecting a daughter- you wouldn't find it odd if a single 25 year old man was excited to ahng out with her. I just find it very odd that a 25 year old male wants a little girl before becoming married or even in a relationship. I hope you are not so trusting with your daughter when she gets her.

dee
Rating
It sounds creepy to me too, but why don't u just check on it just in case, you never know?

sam22254
Rating
He will have a hard time in Texas. Since it's even hard for my son to get his son after the mother put the child up for adoption. It's the way your thinking that makes it sound sick. My son's daughter is almost 6 and she loves to be with him. He spends more time with her and not worried about getting ready for a date . She cry when its time to go home. It's people like you that is making it hard for a father to get his child. Your one good friend.

Tiffanie might induce tomorrow!
I think your overreaction is a little creepy. I don't see anything wrong with a man wanting to raise a daughter. Do you think it is creepy when a man's wife is pregnant and he hopes for a girl? If you yourself are saying that his intentions seem honest then what is the problem?

Edit: Maybe the guy wants children but does not want a wife, or he feels that at 25 by the time he finds a wife and settles he will be older than he had hoped to be when he had children. Maybe he chose that age range because he doesn't want to have to deal with the diapers and bottles and and being up all night with an infant as a working single father. This man you are referring to isn't getting excited about hanging out with someone elses toddler, he is a stable educated adult, making a committment to raise a child and I still don't see anything wrong here.

red elephants
Calling CPS just because he is a single man adopting is a huge overreaction. If is intentions seem honest and he has given you no other reason to suspect him of something other than being a man you need to calm yourself.

To adopt in texas you can be married or single. Their website doesn't say men cannot adopt. They have to go through a homestudy/background check/etc just like any other person adopting.

Do you have issues with a single woman wanting to adopt a boy? Or a married man wanting to have a biological daughter and spend time with them? Or a married man adopting a girl? Would you question their intentions and call CPS?

I agree with some others that your reaction is the creepy one. Would it be okay if he wanted an infant daughter? Or a 14 year old? Or can no man adopt a girl child? What about a male child since they can be assaulted just as easily.

hello
Rating
r u kidding I think not, but each state has their own laws, I know you could be a foster parent - but this hurts I know of a married couple in Florida who fostered a special needs girl since she was a baby, the wife died and the husband still fostered the girl, then after 5 years of a great home the state of Florida decided to take the child from the only home she ever knew and send her 500 miles away, said it was in the best for the special needs child, .. take them from the only home they ever knew

Lou
I am no help, but i totally agree with you.
creepy beyond words...
ew...
call cps...
alert the media...
thats just wrong...

Alex
That sounds weird...
does he know the responsibilities of raising a girl?
Like taking her shopping for bras, telling her how to use a tampon.
Ewww.
LITTLE GIRLS NEED A WOMAN IN THE HOUSE!!
they will feel embarrassed and violated.

Don
There is nothing wrong with a man wanting a daughter. Those of you that think it's creepy are bias in your own way, you have obviously faced some dramatic issue in your life to where you have to believe someone else is wrong to make yourself feel right. I have 2 male friends that won their daughters in court cases since they were 3 and 5. Both girls are strong, and smart individuals. Something both of their mothers do not have. On your question Alex that girls need a woman, girls also need a male figure. Embarrassment only comes from a lack of trust, If it is wrong for a Single male to adopt a girl. Then it is wrong for a single woman to adopt a son.

Don
There is nothing wrong with a man wanting a daughter. Those of you that think it's creepy are bias in your own way, you have obviously faced some dramatic issue in your life to where you have to believe someone else is wrong to make yourself feel right. I have 2 male friends that won their daughters in court cases since they were 3 and 5. Both girls are strong, and smart individuals. Something both of their mothers do not have. On your question Alex that girls need a woman, girls also need a male figure. Embarrassment only comes from a lack of trust, If it is wrong for a Single male to adopt a girl. Then it is wrong for a single woman to adopt a son.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Where can I look for a parent that gave me up for adoption?
Louisville, K...

Anyone have both adoptive child/children and biological child/children? Question also involves infertility...?
I have been suffering from secondary infertility. I have one child, but lost the next three. I'm wondering when it might be time to give up trying to conceive and start thinking about adoption....

Is there a site where someone can ADOPT another person for FREE?
im after a site where if the 2 people sign up or email whatever can get adopted and get papers to prove it, like a real adoption but not real but made to seem it, or if there is a site to get adopted ...

Is taking in foster children easier than all other forms of adoption?
I've been asking a lot of questions regarding adoption lately, two of which were removed for no apparent reason - which annoys me!

Anyway my latest question is with regards to foster ...

Famous quote about adoption...?
Does anyone know the wonderful definition about adoption that goes something like this....
When a mother births a child the child grows under her heart.
When a family adopts a child, the ...

In light of the recent political unrest and controversy from China, should I consider adopting Chinese child?
I submitted my dossier of paperwork to China in June of 2006. I still have quite a bit of time to wait for a referral, but have gone through my "ups & downs" with adoption and ...

Im Adopted, How Do I Find My birth Parents?
Im 20 years old now and i Live in Alberta, Canada. I was adopted when I was just Months Old , and My Family Lived in Toronto Ontario. I know Nothing about my birth parents, and Was Just Wondering if ...

I was born in boston, but i was adopted in springfield how can i get a birth certificate?

What are the negative & positive outcomes of adoption?What are the factors due to unwanted pregnancy?

Plz help this is serious?
i have a friend who's cousin took her boys away from her through the court system. my friend was a past user on drugs which now she has changed her life around. she was currently serving 9 ...

When the presidential candidates talk about "family" do you feel they are talking to you?
Because they tend to imply a "biological" family....

I am considering adopting an infant girl, should I?
I am a 22 yr old female. I took foster parent classes from July to September and I am currently waiting on my foster parent liscense. It's gonna take 60 to 90 days. I only wanna do foster ...

Due tommorow )()()( why is private adoption good? D: )()()( due tommorow?
one sentence or whatever... i just want to kno why is it good... D: i just want the idea, cant pop into my head... just one sentence, (why of course) and then i can finally finish this bizzare and ...

When In Foster Care Does The Child Get A Choice/Selection?
I Mean Do They Get To Be Picky About Who Is Fostering/Adopting Them? And Does The Mother/Parents Get To Choose Who The Child Is Fostered/Adopted B...

How can I disovle an adoption?
My step mother adopted me three years after she married my father. My mother was killed in a car accident when I was almost 2. My step mother was not a mother to me. She was abusive. I want my ...

I need really big help on adoption. Please this is very important to me.?
Ok, My girlfriend just had a baby boy, but the biological father was not there for whole nine months, he is not here now. His name is not on the birth certificate or anything, I want to adopt this ...

Adoption of infant question?
My son is 8 months old and his biological father wants to give up his rights and not pay child support anymore. He wants my fiance to adopt my son. I live in Minnesota. Does anyone know if this is ...

Someone help me please?
this question is for anyone that wants to answer as long as its not rude ... im a 20 years old mother of a 2 month old baby boy and when i got pregnant . the father took off and wanted nothing to do ...

Foster care home study?
We are having our home study tomorrow morning...any helpful hints or great tips? We're very excited to finally get this far in the process!...

So often you hear the stories of kids who are bounced from one foster home to another.?
My question is, why are children moved around so much? Not the ones who are returned to their families and then removed, but the ones who spend most of their childhoods in foster care. Why does the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links