Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

Can you get help (financial aid)with adoption.?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you get help (financial aid)with adoption.?

Can you get help financially with adoption? My husband and I have 2 beautiful boys and want a little girl. I am not a very good incubator(first boy born at 6 months)weighed 2pounds 12 ounces. Second came 3 weeks early(c-sections with both) so I am advised to not carry another child. We desperatley want to grow our family but with the 20,000 dollars plus it takes to adopt we just can't do it. Any suggestions on what to do?

stormytexxxas
google government grants to adopt a child, and there are many many people willing to help. and thats just one place to look!!! there r philanthropers, and all kinds of help.

good luck!!

anastasia beaverhausen-the real1
"I am not a very good incubator"

an adoptee's natural mother is NOT an incuabator!

Independ"ant"
Rating
Foster care is the way, until we as a society stop the unethical practice of "spending?" $20,000 to obtain children for our desire to expand the family.

sam22254
Rating
There are some agencies that are not that costly. I really don't beleive in the tax credit for adoption. Natural parents don't get that so why should a couple who adopt. Look around there are children in the foster care program that are cheap. But they are over looked alot because they have been taken away from their parents. I feel that all children being put up for adoption should go through the foster care that way every child has a chance.

StacieG
Rating
The federal government has a tax credit available for adoptive parents. It's "after the fact" so you have to figure out a way to pay for the adoption and then take the credit. You can learn more here: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc607.html if you wish.

There are several ways you can proceed with an adoption. You can adopt internationally. The fees are typically high, but if you think your child is in another country, go for it.

You can do a private domestic adoption where you work through an agency or attorney to adopt from an individual. These can have high fees, too, or not.

You can go through the foster system. If you're looking to adopt an infant, there will be a very long wait unless you're open to special needs. If you are willing to adopt an older child, a minority child or a child with special needs, the wait probably won't be long. The fees for this type of adoption are very low, sometimes are reimbursed by the state, and sometimes (depending on whether the child is special needs or not) carry some financial stipend to assist with the needs of the child.

No matter which way you choose to adopt, you can get the federal tax credit. Some states also have tax credits, you can check with yours (call the Department of Revenue for your state) to find out if one exists.

MamaKate
Rating
Dear Maria,

I would suggest that you look into foster care adoptions. They are inexpensive as well as provide on-going support for both the parents and child. The child you would be providing a home for REALLY needs one!

On a side note, I am saddened that you would refer to yourself as an incubator (even jokingly). In the adoption world, we have a large number of people who think of first parents as just that. An Incubator. You and we are people. You are a MOTHER! Please, think of yourself that way! :)

PS Gaia's answer is definitely something you should think about! She is dead on, as always!

Kat mom of 4
Rating
try Shaohannah's Hope.....

http://members.shaohannahshope.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ado_home

Becca
Rating
Foster care adoption may be the way to go if money is such an issue.
We adopted from China almost 2 years ago. I know the total cost seems like a lot but it is broken down to where it was manageable. We done a special needs adoption so our adoption progressed much faster than a non-special needs adoption would have. Now wait times are up to well over 2 years for a referral so that gives you even more time to save money before travel which is the biggest cost.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Im adopted...how do i find my birth mother?
im adopted ...im 13 years old and have known my whole life but i was adopted at birth. my parents wont tell me what my birth parents names are and my birth/adoption records are locked up so how do i ...

If the baby's father never gave up his parental rights then how can the adoptive parents have the baby?
I am trying to understand how adoptive parents can get a baby if the father does not relinquish his parental rights? How can a judge order the father to pay child support to the adoptive parents? I ...

I'm adopting a bunch of children... what should I get to prepare for each of them?
The first child is a girl who is 1 month old. I get to name her, and I'm naming her Alesana.
The second is a boy named Xavier who is 2.
The third is a girl named Andrea who is 5.

Need Advice???????????
Ok This past weekend I went and visited an old friend of mine. She is a social worker a wife and a mom to 6 kids. The plan was for me to meet her at Wendy's. But the plans change and i brought ...

Does anyone know how much a foster parent is paid in Louisiana???
My husband and I are thinking about becoming foster parents. We have a 4 year old son now, and we would like to give another young child the same opportunities our son has. Just wondering what the ...

First moms, how many people do you have to talk to about what you went through?
I have my husband. I also FINALLY connected to another first mom by phone. How many live a lie everyday?

I have told my son, Sam, about his sister, "Lauren". He just knows she�...

Should Adoptees be bound by the same rules as everyone else concerning Grandpartent Visitation laws?
This is something I wondered about after reading a recent news article. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Most states have enacted Grandparent Visitation Laws to ensure grandparents can ...

Looking to adopt in Tennessee?
how many ladies are looking to adopt in tennessee or would like to give there baby to a good home? just curious...
Additional Details
me and my husband did some research and there are ...

Do sealed records ever become automatically unsealed after a certain length of time has passed?
I think I read somewhere that sealed records become unsealed after 99 years...when all the parties that they directly affect are dead and gone. Although this might not help me get copies of original ...

Why do people deny forced adoption happens? SABAH ALIYAH HUSSAIN x forced adoption?
My daughter. Taken from me in a forced adoption. I miss her. I love her. I WANTED HER. I WANT HER STILL!!! I know that can never happen unless when shes older she wants 2know me. I met her Adoptive ...

My husband wants to adopt my son?
My husband would like to adopt my two year old son but his father wants to fight it. I want my son and his father to continue ins relationship but I want my husband to be able to legally make ...

Adopting a family members children?
I have no experiece withr raising children I am 31 years old and becoming a mother for the first time I have waited so long so that I could give my child all my attention now my husband family wants ...

What is the 'adoption community'??
I am an adoptee.
I have lived adoption my entire life.
I am in communication with many on all sides of adoption - on a frequent basis.

Am I not part of the 'adoption ...

If a nfather wanted to be involved in an open adoption and the AP's were reluctant, what could he say to ...
change their minds?

What would make the most sense to them? My son is a stable and responsible person that did not choose adoption for his son. When he found out about the child he ...

Help,my niece's father wants me to adopt his 12 year old daughter.?
to make a long story short. My niece, by marriage, is staying with me, my husband and our kids. My niece is 12 years old, her dad has full custody. my niece has been living with her dad's mom ...

Wanting to be adopted?
im wanting to be adopted.....plz dont ask about the parents too painful to think about...ne ways...im lookn for a nice family....to adopt me...or atealst online if not in real life!!...thanks for ...

Anyone raised by parents of a different race out there?
I am planning to adopt a baby. I told my mom that I don't care what race the baby is. She told me that it is wrong for a white person to adopt a baby of another race because the child will "...

How much would you estimate an adoption costing (in the US and out of the US)?
My husband and I are thinking about adopting. And I just wondered if anyone could give us some type of idea on how much we would be spending throughout the whole process. We are wanting to go ...

How Much Are You Allowed to Bring Into Fostercare?
i think that i'm leaving for foster care in a couple of days and i was wondering, how much are you allowed to bring?

i'm trying to fit everything into this small suitcase, but i ...

My boyfriend just found out he has a 10y/o who was put up for adoption and wants to know where to start?
This past weekend my boyfriend and I found out that a former girlfriend became pregnant and had a the baby put up for adoption. He was a minor at the time and never knew that she had givin birth or ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, October 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links