Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

Can your mom at 17. make you get a abortion. Im scared?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can your mom at 17. make you get a abortion. Im scared?

Santa's Lil' Helper
No she can not......you have legal rights.
If she takes you to the clinic tell them you are being forced.
Tell a teacher or some other trusted adult.

Mom is not thinking straight right now.......she thinks by you having an abortion the problem will just go away....it may for her but not for you. You may experience post partum depression followed by a sense of guilt over killing your baby.

Consider talking to someone as soon as possible.

Good Luck to you.....I hope your okay and you an mom can work this out.

Consider adoption......we were so lucky to have had the chance to adopt a baby.
Nekomimi.....is a little off the wall.....a baby broker is someone who SELLS your baby to the highest bidder without any regard to the child's safety.

I would agree not to leave your child in the hands of CPS either. A private adoption where YOU can pick the parents if the best choice.

I am sorry that Nekomimi has had the loss of friends due to issues with being foster children but it is irresponsible to tell you to take your child to a baby broker!!!

Joel R
Absolutely not, it is your decision.

luhb u much!!
Rating
she can't MAKE you. its your decision.. good luck

D.W.
Rating
I doubt it.

Call the local Planned Parenthood in your town/city. I'm sure they would know the legalities of that.

Carrie
I"m not sure if there is a law against that, but I think that the doctor performing it wouldn't be able to do it if you refused.

Welcome home baby Chrissy!
Rating
thats tuff. your mom does have a right to take you to the clinic but while you are there you let them know you DONT want to have an abortion if you dont. She can not make you have one if you dont want to unless she can prove you are unfit or that the baby poses a hazard to your health. Good luck

Benovere
No. She can threaten, but medically you are an adult at seventeen. The hospital would need your permission to preform such action.

CandiLyn1
no, she can't make you get an abortion. that is a medical procedure and cannot be performed without the patient's consent, so if you refuse, it can't be done. good luck.

Problem Child
No, absolutely not! As you are still a minor, your mother can sign off on most other medical procedures, but NOT abortion. The laws are very clear about this. Even if you were twelve or ten, she couldn't force you to get an abortion. If she forces you to go to the clinic, all you need to do is tell the staff that you don't want an abortion, and they will not touch you, guaranteed.

raynelley
Rating
No she can not make you have an abortion. I do not care if you are a minor or not. You always have medical rights and before they can even stick you with a needle to draw your blood they must have your consent and it must come from you unless you have been deemed unable to speak for yourself. If she forces you to go to a clinic you need to tell the doctor no. If the doctor decides to try and do it any way using your mothers consent, let him know that you know you have the right to say no and he is obligated to listen to that. No doctor wants to face that kind of Malpractice suit. I know your thinking you don't have the money to sue but many Lawyers will take on a case that is a sure fire win Pro Bono.

Silverbyheart
Rating
Nope. She has not say. In fact YOU have to give permission to the doctors to let her know anything about you. It's call patient confidentiality. HIPPA. It's a wonderful thing. Don't let her force you into a decission that you will regret.

cve5190
Rating
I am so sorry you are going through this. I suggest you find a reasonable and responsible adult to help you through this. (I would turn to my youth leader.) I would also get myself in the counsel of a lawyer.

Your mother cannot force you to have an abortion. If she tries to force you to do anything (using intimidation, abuse, etc.) you need to get out and get help. You should be having support and understanding at this time, not the stress and fear she is putting on you.

Find a trusted adult. Good luck and God bless.

raven_geisha
No one can make you get an abortion, don't ever let anyone make you think that they can either! Besides I don't think that there is a doctor that would do it if you refused it at age 17.

mscrawdad
Rating
No. She cannot force you. However, she is under no responsibility to care for you or the baby if you choose to keep it. You become an adult under the law, with all of the responsibilities included. So be prepared to have a place to live and a way to support yourself and your child.

Samone
Rating
Can she force you? No
Can she pressure you to? you bet

Ultimatly, it's your baby, your body & your decision.
There are some great organizations out there that would be willing to help you. As another poster mentioned, there's planned parenthood, they remain very neutral on all options giving you good informed choices.There's also Birthright. It's world wide & free. But in all honestly, they don't discuss abortion as they are an "abortion alternative" They will give you all the choices regarding adoption & keeping your child, and will assist with either that YOU choose. They are in no way affiliated with an adoption agency & are run completly by volunteers. They have a variety of services availible, including if necessary, finding a place for you to safe place for you to stay should staying with your mother not become a choice. They'll even help you prepare for a baby should you choose to keep it. You can find them in any phone book.

Ultimatly this is your choice. You are the one that's going to have some big decisions to make. You need to decide what will be best for you & your child.

Please don't let anyone talk you into doing anything you don't want to, you will be the one that will be living with your decision for the rest of your life, and noone else has to walk in your shoes

If you ever need to talk, please feel free to email me.. I'm always around

missoklahoma05
Legally not sure, but its your baby if you want to keep it this should be your choice, dont abort

SweetBrunette
Call the local Planned Parenthood in your town/city, immediately.

krista
Rating
HELL NO!!!! only you can make that descision. if your mom is trying to force you there are people out there who can help you. look up abortion alternatives in the yellow pages or email me and i will find you people who will help you and are in your area. this is your life not hers do not let her make decisions for you. and if you don't want an abortion, don't call planned parenthood they will try and convince you it's the best option for you at that age. they tried that with me. this is your life and your decision and in no state can another make a decision like that for you. there are resources out there that will help you.

pamela d
Rating
not really.. lts all up to you

marcels mum
No she cant its your decision, she may not agree with your choice, but she is your mum, she should support you either way.
I'm 19 with a 12 week old boy and my mum wanted me to get an abortion, now she loves him so much, she even apologized for suggesting an abortion!

sam22254
No she can't make you but she can make your life hell.
Look I'm not going to tell you what to do it's your decision. You can keep the child and make a good life with the little one. Your mom will love the child
You can abort-Then the child is the hands of god
You can adopt the baby out- Your giving the child a chance of having a good life
Either of the last two the child is out of your life. Please use birth control after this. No child should have to go through this.

northboy
Rating
Me too..

JUSTME
Rating
No, she cannot MAKE you.

veronica
Rating
legally she cant but u know its really hard to not listen to ur parents when ur living under their roof, its sad. Thats what happened to my friend. Best thing to do is if u know ur mom is going to make u get an abortion wait as long as possible to tell her cuz hopefully ulll be almost 24 weeks where u cant get one in CA after that.........try to keep ur baby, i had an abortion and i regret it so bad, the scars never seem to heal....

sassy
Rating
absolutely not, in terms of reproductive medicine eave young girls are considered adults, this is your decision, legally and morally and in every other way.

Kissable
It is actually your choice if you want to keep the baby or give it up so that you can still have your life young than you dont havae to get one but your mom act tell you wnat you want to do.It has to be your choice.

Emmett
It's your body, not hers.

khristina300
Rating
No mother should EVER make her daughter get an abortion.
Yes, she probably has your best interests at heart, but this decision is completely your choice, nobody else's.
Remember though, you most likely do not have the finances nor conditions to raise a child at age 17.
Keep in mind that you could always have the baby and put him/her up for adoption, it would be hard though, you will have already developed a deep, unconditional love for your child.
Hope you make the right decision, and hope I helped.

toeatornottoeat
I was 17 years old when i gave birth to my daughter. 12 years later I am so blessed that she is in my life. she is amazing. its your choose. but if your going to be a mother, be the best mother you can be.

red&sassy
Abortion isn't that big a deal. Back in my day, all the girls had one. Your mom knows that it is scarey, but it's over before you know it. Trust your mom. She wants the very best for you. Trust her on this one.

You're not a "bad" girl. You haven't done anything wrong. Don't listen to people like that. You are special no matter what.

Best wishes.

stormyangel
Once you are pregnant . You are not considered a minor. So it is your decision and I would hope that you would consider life. Many people cannot have kids and would love to have the many that people selfishly abort

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

My bf and me adopted a baby even tho our familys are against it?
me and my bf are getting married in 3 months and we wanted to adopt a baby even tho both our familys are against it....and we adopted twins but nobody else knows about it...i know we have to tell ...

Im thinking of adopting and the agency i found has a "nice" blind boy. But, im afraid he wont be any fun.
is it true that they cant run and play like normal kids? will it like listening to TV while i watch my shows? i dont know what to do take these leftovers or find a better kid?...

How can I find couples wanting to adopt a newborn in about 5 months time?
I thought about an abortion, but if I can help a couple, then why not....

Can you get a child back after adoption?
Could someone please tell me, if someone has put a child up for adoption can they get that child back after a few years? do they have a right to know where the child is ...

Is that evil of us?
I had a son, he's asian, statically shown that asian guys here in U.S don't have a chance of getting married. SO my sis is going to China next year to adopt a girl from an orphanage. Hoping ...

What is your personal connection to adoption?
Are you a first parent, an adoptive parent, are you trying to adopt or trying to learn more before you choose or are you an adoptee? Maybe you are more than one? I think some of us are unaware of how ...

Won't give us her baby unless we agree to open adoption?
My husband and I were just contacted by a young girl we both know very well in our neighborhood. She is 15 years old and pregnant with her second child. We were orginally suppose to be adopting her ...

Does it give you the Creeps when Hopeful Adopters ask Pregnant Women to Email them?
Seriously, there are some people here answering almost every question from women looking into their options with 'email me' or 'contact me through my profile'

Nobody ...

My wife and I want to adopt a healthy baby of any race but have to wait 7 years because most are now aborted.?
I could not believe that this was how long the waiting list was when we were told but it's true! Turns out 50 MILLION healthy babies have been killed since Roe v Wade and 97% had nothing to do ...

If there are so many children that need families, why is adoption so expensive?

Additional Details
I would think they would want the parents to keep that money to help raise the child :)...

Why do so many people want to adopt baby girls, but not boys?

What is your opinion about the woman who had the 8 kids?
,I know this isn't really an adoption question but i just wanted to know your opinions. Do you think she will be a good mother to all 14 kids?...

I'm 8 months and want to give my child up but still want to be in their life...How do I do that??
I'm 18 years old.I'm still in school in Groton CT. I want what's best for my child but I don't have enough anything to take care of it.I want them to go to a good home and ...

What are your detailed views on gay couples adopting?

Should I tell my son about his birth parents??????
Ok..My hubby & I are foster parents, we got a call for a 5 day old baby, who we ended up being able to adopt ! He is 2 now - He's our LIFE we love him sooo much!! (sorry just had to share ...

When is the best age to tell your child they are adopted?

Do you agree that gay people are allowed to adopt?
I do but i know alot of people who do not. Do you? Why/Why not?...

Can someone explain to me why people actually think God has anything to do with adoption?
I really am trying to understand this and I just can't.

(1) All the "if the lord allows" and "god willing" and etc...

(2) There seems to be alot of ...

Do birth parents name their babies before giving them up for adoption?
Obviously everyone is different, so im asking for personal experiences here. I have no idea if my birth parents gave me a name, I know my a/p's gave me my christian name and thats my name as ...

Do You Believe Adopted Children Should Be Told They Are Adopted?
Yes or no? If yes, when?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, April 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links